Page 92 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495961021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    tbh, I'm really sad to see Spider-verse getting so little love when it's so much better than Aquaman as a movie. Aquaman is a movie that was entertaining to me, but not one I ever thought again after having watched it. It's a forgettable movie with great visuals and action, but I definitely hope it's not the future of the DCEU.

it doesn't have the heart of Wonder Woman, the emotion of Man of Steel nor the grandeur of Batman V Superman.

I'm glad it's doing okay, though, because I want the DCEU to be successful.
    I've heard nothing but good things about Into the Spider-verse but sadly not everyone is going out to see it. Myself included for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow or the day after.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Wonder Woman would not do as well as it could in December. You keep talking about how wounded Star Wars is but Wonder Woman wouldn't stand a chance. DC needs as much good will (and money) as they can get so they still need to play things safe.
    That's what they said about Jumanji 2.
    Hell, that's what they said about Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    tbh, I'm really sad to see Spider-verse getting so little love when it's so much better than Aquaman as a movie. Aquaman is a movie that was entertaining to me, but not one I ever thought again after having watched it. It's a forgettable movie with great visuals and action, but I definitely hope it's not the future of the DCEU.

it doesn't have the heart of Wonder Woman, the emotion of Man of Steel nor the grandeur of Batman V Superman.

I'm glad it's doing okay, though, because I want the DCEU to be successful.
    I thought Spiderverse would do well in China (as Spider-man is such a big property there), but apparently they're all about Momoa's Aquaman. Aquaman actually toppled Spiderverse from the top spot in it's second or third week there.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    That's what they said about Jumanji 2.
    Hell, that's what they said about Aquaman.
    Aquaman wasn't going against a Star Wars movie. What's your point?

As for jumanji 2 it was counter programming and a smart move. Jumanji would've done more poorly if it was put anywhere else. In the summer blockbuster season or early spring had very strong competition. As Jan or Feb that's where movies go to die, that and unknowns.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think WB should have kept Wonder Woman 1984 in it's original December date. Sure Star Wars is there, but that franchise is a wounded animal, WW drew a different audience and films can co-exist that month, plus WW had a 4.0 multiplier, in June!! Imagine what kind of multi she could pull off in December!
    June was the perfect timing for WW. 2017 was one of the worst summer box office in over a decade https://variety.com/2017/film/news/s...de-1202548272/. Movie after movie stunk up the joint. A lot of franchise duds.

Retired

I guess it's a show of faith that Warner wants to make WONDER WOMAN 1984 its summer tentpole movie. But I thought releasing it near the end of 2019 would have given Patty Jenkins a better chance at an Oscar, as Academy voters can't remember what was released before turkey day.

James Wan asks fans to stop bullying others for disliking the Aquaman film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...others-1172011

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

This seems to happen every time a movie comes out that has an established fanbase. DC, Marvel, Star Wars, reboots, etc. Hell there was a rivalry between Venom and A Star Is Born that got kinda nasty. I'm tired of people picking sides in entertainment.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

He was calling out both sides, FWIW. It seems like every group has their share of jackasses, unfortunately.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wonder Woman would not do as well as it could in December. You keep talking about how wounded Star Wars is but Wonder Woman wouldn't stand a chance. DC needs as much good will (and money) as they can get so they still need to play things safe.
    Sooner or later they're going to have to start competing, instead of running from the competition. Aquaman has shown how lucrative the December spot is for a CBM, with its incredible legs. Like I said before, the first WW pulled a 4.0 multiplier in June! Imagine what a well recieved, highly anticipated sequel could pull in December, especially with holidays and a dead January. Jumanji made it to 900M+ competing with Star Wars... I think Diana could do the same, especially since Star Wars isn't as popular in Asia or Latin America and WW would attract a different crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    June was the perfect timing for WW. 2017 was one of the worst summer box office in over a decade https://variety.com/2017/film/news/s...de-1202548272/. Movie after movie stunk up the joint. A lot of franchise duds.
    Yeah that's what people are saying now, looking back at Summer 2017 but before that WW was supposed to get slaughtered. It was going up against Gotg2, Tom Cruise, Despicable Me 3, a Pixar film, Transformers, a Nolan film, Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man...etc and yet it managed a 4.0 multi and came out on top. I think it'd be able to hold its owm against Star Wars in December, especially since it draws a different audience than Star Wars.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 12-31-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

This seems to happen every time a movie comes out that has an established fanbase. DC, Marvel, Star Wars, reboots, etc. Hell there was a rivalry between Venom and A Star Is Born that got kinda nasty. I'm tired of people picking sides in entertainment.
    Because you got folks with agendas.

Some can't stand a billion dollar film starring a Wakandan.
    Some can't stand a film starring a biracial Spider-Man or Rey ushering a new generation of fans into the field. Instead of the "normal" gatekeepers.
    Some can't stand a film or tv show using guys who can't have a 700 solo issue run having bigger or equal success to those who do.
    Some who are SO DESPERATE for DC to have a hit they will attack anyone and especially other films to make it look good. Even sabotage online movie ratings.

And most have one common thread-they NEVER SAW the movie in question and they seem to be the biggest loudmouths. So someone who saw the film and didn't like it-gets lumped in with that crowd. Same thing you saw with Black Panther. If you didn't like it you were racist was the claim. Because the ones who did not see it were the MAIN ones being the loudest in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Sooner or later they're going to have to start competing, instead of running from the competition. Aquaman has shown how lucrative the December spot is for a CBM, with its incredible legs. Like I said before, the first WW pulled a 4.0 multiplier in June! Imagine what a well recieved, highly anticipated sequel could pull in December, especially with holidays and a dead January. Jumanji made it to 900M+ competing with Star Wars... I think Diana could do the same, especially since Star Wars isn't as popular in Asia or Latin America and WW would attract a different crowd.

Yeah that's what people are saying now, looking back at Summer 2017 but before that WW was supposed to get slaughtered. It was going up against Gotg2, Tom Cruise, Despicable Me 3, a Pixar film, Transformers, a Nolan film, Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man...etc and yet it managed a 4.0 multi and came out on top. I think it'd be able to hold its owm against Star Wars in December, especially since it draws a different audience than Star Wars.
    DC can start competing when they become a proven franchise holder again. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are wins and Captain Marvel (Shazam) could be their next one. It depends on if they can keep the momentum going, WW84 I think will be really good to great but she can't keep them afloat herself. I have faith in it but if they have any more missteps before then, the DCEU's good faith will be dead and Aquaman and WW will be looked at like diamonds in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I guess it's a show of faith that Warner wants to make WONDER WOMAN 1984 its summer tentpole movie. But I thought releasing it near the end of 2019 would have given Patty Jenkins a better chance at an Oscar, as Academy voters can't remember what was released before turkey day.
    Unfortunately, I think the WB missed the boat on nabbing an Oscar nod for a DC film. Wonder Woman was a cultural phenomenon that was only rivaled by Black Panther. The 2nd Wonder Woman film may do even better financially but it won't have the same kind of impact that the first had that would get it considered for an Oscar.

I've heard nothing but good things about Into the Spider-verse but sadly not everyone is going out to see it. Myself included for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow or the day after.
    Went with my family and they loved it. It was a great movie and I don't care if your a marvel, mcu only, or dc fan, it's a great comic film and worth watching.

By the way they had a G rated version of the shazam trailer in front of it (curse word removed, bullet scene and "don't know how to pee in this thing" scenes cut out!) and it got a good buzz in our showing with people talking about it afterwords! That's a good sign for shazam!

https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/dont-g...fice-earnings/

Apparently we're not allowed to get excited about Aquaman's boxoffice because Avengers and Black Panther made more, plus China doesn't count apparently
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!