Page 928 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was too human and cared too much for his kid to be a true knockoff .

We had Cheetah there to fulfill the need for a WW villain, although I guess her use isn't any less controversial.
    I think her having to share a film with a non-WW villain when she's one of the big names (and it was her first ever live action debut) is part of the issue. It would have been better to not have another villain at all (because that almost always fails) or if we had to have one, another proper WW villain would have been preferable.

Along with the half cooked elements of her own plot being issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think her having to share a film with a non-WW villain when she's one of the big names (and it was her first ever live action debut) is part of the issue.

Along with the half cooked elements of her own plot
    I guess because I felt like it was just the beginning of her story, and not the beginning and ending, I didn't feel like she got shortchanged as much as others did and I felt like I understood where Jenkins was coming from with her character.

I do think her final fight with Diana (and the Cheetah FX) could've been better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There's still the chance The Trench will be revived after Aquaman 2, I guess. Wan doesn't seem interested in doing more sequels, and maybe both The Trench and the next Aquaman will be given to other directors, with Wan staying as Producer.
    Maybe if they had lead with it being a Black Manta vehicle and not the 'Trench' there would have been more fan interest around the project.

I'm intrigued by this project. Is Val going to join Sasha Calle in the main DCEU? How they'll differentiate it from the Coates/Abrams' Superman project? Like Val will be a teen or something? So many questions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubtful. It’s not connected to any DCEU projects and will likely be an “Elseworld” like Titans/Doom Patrol. Given there’s pretty much zero solo stories of worth for Val they will likely just copy CW Supergirl via taking Clark stories but repurposed for him.
    Isn't Val's whole thing that he suffers from Agoraphobia? That's one major thing that differentiates Val from the rest of the Supers. It could also give him a strong character arc especially for a movie. He has to overcome his fear while embracing his powers. I wonder if they will pair him with other heroes for the movie.

I didn't follow Earth 2 closely. Didn't like it as a rebooted JSA vehicle but I would be down with them using elements from Earth 2 to create a Val Zod vehicle. Make it a post apocalyptic world where all the popular heroes are now dead and it's up to the remains of their supporting cast and new group of heroes to save the day but they are badly outgunned until they find Val Zod's capsule. Include Lois Lane trapped in a Red Tornado's body, Helena Wayne, Kara Zor-El/Power Girl, Mr Terrific, Jesse Quick and introduce the possibility of the Multiverse at the end.

Technically he was the Duke of Deception in the sense that the whole plot was the Duke of Deceptions fault to begin with.
    I don't understand why the same plot couldn't have been done with the Duke. Isn't a villain who creates strife and discord through propaganda the perfect villain for a movie? Especially when set against a character who is the Spirit of Truth?

I think these days most of us accept that while the first WW flick had a few more cooks in the kitchen than necessary, the second one had too few cooks in the kitchen. She really could have used some script revisions and somebody else giving a second opinion on that flick.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubtful. It’s not connected to any DCEU projects and will likely be an “Elseworld” like Titans/Doom Patrol. Given there’s pretty much zero solo stories of worth for Val they will likely just copy CW Supergirl via taking Clark stories but repurposed for him.
    Idk, the new DC live action projects on HBO Max are supposed to connected to the movie universe (excluding the series that were inherited from the DCU streaming service).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Im pretty excited about the Val Zod project. He has a lot of potential and has a great costume. I’m curious to see if they’ll touch on the “how would the world react if Superman was black” angle? That’s seemingly the focus of the Abrams/Coats Superman project so it could definitely step on their toes.

It would be cool if they create a next generation Justice League/Society around Val and bring in some of the New 52 Earth 2 characters.
    Yeah, he needs some supporting characters and the New 52 Earth 2 ones could be used as well as new characters created for the show. A Val-Zod series doesn't have much material to draw from, but this mean the screenwriters are more free to reinvent him and the world around him.

Ultimate Member

I guess because I felt like it was just the beginning of her story, and not the beginning and ending, I didn't feel like she got shortchanged as much as others did and I felt like I understood where Jenkins was coming from with her character.

I do think her final fight with Diana (and the Cheetah FX) could've been better though.
    The final fight and design was underwhelming. Otherwise I thought she was ok. Not as great as she could've been but not bad.

I didn't hate Max either. I know he's not really a WW villain but I thought his portrayal was reasonably humanistic and his goals weren't just 'end the world' like Ares was.

Damn. That really sucks.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Doesn't make a lot of sense if they wanted to leave Snyder's vision in the past.

Makes no sense, but its not like WB execs are known for logical decisions.

Man, that sucks.

Given that Marvel is currently in a tight spot with Eternals, a New Gods movie could have potentially stolen the show since the NG are far more accessible characters than the Eternals.

If the point was to get away from the Snyder stuff then why not give us a new version of Darkseid or Steppenwolf? We already have 3 Batmen running around. Or better yet, just side step and not have Darkseid and Steppenwolf be the main villains of the first movie and then build up some of the side characters first.

Anyway, forget it. Everybody knows that WB is a poor custodian of DC characters.

Was it worth it ?

I hope male stripper Darkseid was worth it, folks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Doesn't make a lot of sense if they wanted to leave Snyder's vision in the past.
    Yeah. Why exactly does Snyder's vision mean the New Gods can't be made?

Eh they probably lied to her because they didn't actually realize just HOW EXPENSIVE a New Gods movie would be when they greenlit it. Look at how cheap their features starring women characters are, from Birds of Prey to Batgirl. Even the first Wonder Woman was way below the average superhero blockbuster budget.