Page 93 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/dont-g...fice-earnings/

Apparently we're not allowed to get excited about Aquaman's boxoffice because Avengers and Black Panther made more, plus China doesn't count apparently

I guess it helps to score points with Disney especially given their habit of blacklisting papers they are not fond of.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-31-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Always funny to see what these people feel they need to do in order to get clicks. lol

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    DC can start competing when they become a proven franchise holder again. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are wins and Captain Marvel (Shazam) could be their next one. It depends on if they can keep the momentum going, WW84 I think will be really good to great but she can't keep them afloat herself. I have faith in it but if they have any more missteps before then, the DCEU's good faith will be dead and Aquaman and WW will be looked at like diamonds in the rough.
    yeah, they need to prove that Wonder Woman and Aquaman weren't flukes.

It's great that the two of them are starting to turn things around a bit. But we need more. I'll only start to really get more confident in them once WW84 and Shazam come out and are good/great.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

It's great that the two of them are starting to turn things around a bit. But we need more. I'll only start to really get more confident in them once WW84 and Shazam come out and are good/great.
    At least with Aquaman it seems to indicate that DC films that are genuinely able to reach audiences and give them a good time can have staying power even coming off Justice League (which I kind of hate saying, but it is what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Well Ironman 2 and 3 weren’t very good but it didn’t effect the character’s overall popularity. I think Wonder Woman has already been established as a movie icon. Obviously she’s a cultural icon so it would take a pretty big disaster to knock her down. Like Robert Downey Jr., Gal’a charisma can carry the character through a movie that’s ok to below average.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well Ironman 2 and 3 weren’t very good but it didn’t effect the character’s overall popularity. I think Wonder Woman has already been established as a movie icon. Obviously she’s a cultural icon so it would take a pretty big disaster to knock her down. Like Robert Downey Jr., Gal’a charisma can carry the character through a movie that’s ok to below average.
    At the very least I don't see WWII suffering from the same issues IM2 did (trying to build up the shared universe and a weak villain).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the WB missed the boat on nabbing an Oscar nod for a DC film. Wonder Woman was a cultural phenomenon that was only rivaled by Black Panther. The 2nd Wonder Woman film may do even better financially but it won't have the same kind of impact that the first had that would get it considered for an Oscar.
    I dunno, it took the third Wolverine solo film to get a screenplay nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because you got folks with agendas.

Some can't stand a billion dollar film starring a Wakandan.
    Some can't stand a film starring a biracial Spider-Man or Rey ushering a new generation of fans into the field. Instead of the "normal" gatekeepers.
    Some can't stand a film or tv show using guys who can't have a 700 solo issue run having bigger or equal success to those who do.
    Some who are SO DESPERATE for DC to have a hit they will attack anyone and especially other films to make it look good. Even sabotage online movie ratings.

And most have one common thread-they NEVER SAW the movie in question and they seem to be the biggest loudmouths. So someone who saw the film and didn't like it-gets lumped in with that crowd. Same thing you saw with Black Panther. If you didn't like it you were racist was the claim. Because the ones who did not see it were the MAIN ones being the loudest in the room.
    Just to be clear, this is people who like the movie harassing those who don't like it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just to be clear, this is people who like the movie harassing those who don't like it.
    Wan was actually talking about them and also those who were harassing him and others due to their hatred of the movie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I don't see WWII suffering from the same issues IM2 did (trying to build up the shared universe and a weak villain).
    There are rumors circulating that WW84 will reboot the universe, which hopefully doesn't pan out to be too drastic. I don't want it burdened with having to fix the whole film verse.
    At most, I'm hoping it just means some details will make it into the story that contradict BvS and JL without much fanfare. Like, she continues to not walk away from humanity and maybe even flies despite not flying in JL.

James Wan asks fans to stop bullying others for disliking the Aquaman film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...others-1172011
    Nice to see someone involved with a movie acting like an adult. That isn't attacking people who don't like the movie.
    Compare that to the people involved with Ghostbusters. Calling the people who didn't like the movie sexist, toxic fandom.
    Or Brie Larson's reaction to people commenting about her not smiling in the Captain Marvel trailers.
    That kind of action causes even people on the fence to reject the movie. Captain Marvel will still probably make money
    but I suspect millions of dollars will be lost over her haughty attitude.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In all honesty, if you won’t watch Captain Marvel because she didn’t smile in the trailer you are a fucking loser that deserves to be clowned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    In all honesty, if you won’t watch Captain Marvel because she didn’t smile in the trailer you are a fucking loser that deserves to be clowned on.
    James Wan would like to have a word with you.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    James Wan would like to have a word with you.
    Nah, I don’t care if you like the movie or not. Just think anybody who has a problem with Brie not smiling in a trailer is an idiot and she was well in her right to poke fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Nah, I don’t care if you like the movie or not. Just think anybody who has a problem with Brie not smiling in a trailer is an idiot and she was well in her right to poke fun of them.
    Brie Larson brings a lot of baggage to the role that could potentially hurt Captain Marvel, including being waist deep in the MeToo movement, as well as her white savior complex, and her comments about white male critics.