Page 931 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4318318819219279289299309319329339349359419811031 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Which villains? You mean Loki? (Marvel killed, like, every other villain)
    The Thunderbolts, a la Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, there's precedent for his behavior like announcing Captain Marvel close on the heels of the Wonder Woman movie announcement, greenlighting Civil War when BvS was announced and now exploring the Multiverse after the success of Into the Spider-Verse.
    Re; Captain Marvel

Carol was originally meant to show up at the end of AoU, when Cap debuts the New Avengers, there are even online photos of a stunt double standing in for where Carol is supposed to be but Marvel walked back at the last minute as it would have made no sense to have her show up in the story with no prior build up. The CM movie is the culmination of decades long effort to turn Carol into Marvel's WW. The main road block to getting CM and BP made on the movie side was Ike Perlumtter. Whom from leaked Sony emails, the fact that he donated to Trump's campaign and even from Bob Iger's memoir is known to have opposed female led and POC led superhero movies. It took Fiege staking his job for Bob Iger to move Marvel Studios to answer directly to him to get those movies green lit. On the comics side, the fact that Carol's original code name was 'Ms' Marvel was a reference to the Ms Magazine. Various writers tried their hand at turning her into a major hero but it was KSD's run in 2012 which rebranded her as Captain Marvel that finally realized the characters potential and that run was clearly written to make the character 'adaptable' for the movie. Plus they were already pushing that version of Carol in movies and games prior.

I think CM would have been done anyway. Since Kevin has said he wanted MS to be the first to release a female lead movie. But there was a lot more build up to getting a CM movie both on the comics and movies side and it wasn't just Marvel rushing a character to a movie in reaction to what someone else was doing. We've seen what happens when studios rush *cough*JusticeLeague*cough*.

Re: Tony Stark & Civil War

As for Tony Stark showing up in Captain America. Stark and Cap has been at odds with each other since the first Avengers movie. The second Cap movie dropped a huge revelation that Howard was in fact murdered and there was one very obvious suspect for the hitman in the cast. It was obviously not going to be deal with in a two parter adapting Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet. I think Stark would have shown up in some shape or form in the Cap movies anyway. Plus using Ultron in Avengers 2 felt too obvious as a set up for CW. It was dependent on RD Jr's willingness to sign up and whether or not Fiege could over rule Ike Perlmutter who was opposed to doing Civil War because of the massive budget. Fans were also complaining about Avengers not showing up in each others movies throughout Phase 2 so in Phase 3, they had everybody showing up in each others movies; Ant-Man & the entire Avengers in Cap3, Dr Strange and Hulk in Thor 3 and Iron Man in Homecoming.

I believe the Russo's really wanted to do Civil War but in case Fiege failed to overrule Perlmutter or if RD Jr hadn't agreed to sign on, they had planned to adapt the 'Mad Bomb' storyline from the comics.

Re: Multiverse

They are doing the Multiverse because Kang is a top Avengers villain and is the next logical step after the time heist in Endgame. Kang War/Kang Dynasty, Avengers Forever are major Avengers stories written by Kurt Busiek and Marvel already borrowed from his Ultron Unlimited arc for AoU (Sokovia was inspired by Slorenia). The Loki series was announced in November 2018 so they likely had his survival in EG planned out already. Kang, Ultron and the Masters of Evil are the top Avengers villains, Thanos and Loki kind of stole their thunder in the MCU.

The mention of Multiverse in FFH was meant to tease the audience. According to the writers, Mysterio is a known conman to the audience so they would have seen through his hero act but by dangling the possibility of the Multiverse in front of them, they would have at least paused and considered that possibility. That was partly inspired by ITSV.

The fact that NWH has a Multiverse Sinister Six is because of Disney got greedy and wanted more money from the Spider-Man movies so Sony pulled back from the deal. The talks actually broke down during the shooting of FFH but the cast, crew and the audience were kept in the dark until after the movie came out.

The early leaks said they were doing Kraven the Hunter for the third Spider-Man movie. The Multiverse Sinister Six, Dr Strange in Spider-Man 3 and a potential Spider-Man vs Venom movie in the future is the compromise being done for keeping Spider-Man in the MCU.

This is getting long but my point is; there is a lot more going on here than 'he did this so she is doing that'.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Thunderbolts started as a bunch of D-list villains led by Baron Zemo pretending to be heroes so they could earn public trust and take over the world.
    But the D-listers realized they actually liked being heroes, so they turned good and became the sort-of outlaw hero team.

Then they became essentially Marvel's Suicide Squad with a team of villains sent on missions by the government with Songbird as the one genuine hero stuck with them.

What the MCU seems to be doing, however, looks more like the Dark Avengers, when Norman Osborn was put in charge of SHIELD and made his own Avengers consisting of bad guys taking the heroes' roles...except with Contessa instead of Norman acting as the "dark" Nick Fury assembling the team. They'll probably wind up calling them Thunderbolts if/when it becomes a movie.

I wonder if they'll include Songbird, seeing as she became pretty much the face of the Thunderbolts in the comics. I always hoped if she ever made it to the MCU they'd keep her arc from D-list henchwoman to genuine hero and leader.
    I believe Gunn wanted to do a Thunderbolts movie for Marvel. Then he got fired so he did a Suicide Squad movie for DC.

I hope that they are doing a mix of Zemo's Thunderbolts and Norman's Dark Avengers as that would make for a more unique story arc than 'Marvel's Suicide Squad'. 'Contessa assembles her Dark Avengers, they discredit the heroes and become popular but some of the Dark Avengers actually enjoy being heroes, then they tried to lay Siege on New Asgard (just like the Siege arc in the comics) and ends up undoing themselves.'

I'm always down for more JSA .

Maybe a Hawkman solo movie with Hawkgirl...

they could be vague about what earth BL takes place on. Though there is the obvious Shazam connection and Superman (or at least his torso) exists in that world. Are they going to talk about the JSA being around since WWII? If so why doesn't anyone remember them? It raises a lot of questions and I'm guessing they won't bother to answer any of them. Like the current state of DC, everything happened just don't ask how it happened.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-05-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    they could be vague about what earth BL takes place on. Though there is the obvious Shazam connection and Superman (or at least his torso) exists in that world. Are they going to talk about the JSA being around since WWII? If so why doesn't anyone remember them? It raises a lot of questions and I'm guessing they won't bother to answer any of them. Like the current state of DC, everything happened just don't ask how it happened.
    That they can at least write off as Hawkman being young because of his reincarnations while Kent is just really old.

Maaan, I don't care how the Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman fits in with the JSA. Just give me Dr Fate, Spectre, Dr Midnight, Wildcat and all the rest of the JSA.

Also give Amazing Man some focus and bring Black Canary back to her JSA roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I mean this same series famously gave us "Wonder Woman turned her back on mankind in disgust after World War 1," only for the Wonder Woman movie to go "LOL no she didn't." I don't think possibly contradicting Man of Steel is a major concern for introducing the JSA, especially since the Flash movie may give them an out on any future continuity hiccups.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-05-2021 at 09:47 PM.

DC film.jpg

Dang, some of these Eternals reviews cut deep!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

This is the only place where people would worry how the JSA fit in with Superman, et al.
    Most casual fans would go hey that was a cool story.
    If you look at the original JSA stories the trinity weren't important members.
    Perfectly fine having JSA classic.

Guarantee that nobody cares about whether or not stuff contradicts Snyder’s movies anymore. With both Affleck and Cavill seemingly poised to exit the franchise, the Snyderverse is over.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The only thing that will matter continuity-wise is anything pertaining to the Shazam mythos.

Ultimate Member

I'm not even sure why anyone is still holding on to the Snyderverse. His ideas don't really sound appealing.

Uh, homies, there is no such thing as the Snyderverse...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut