Page 934 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4348348849249309319329339349359369379389449841034 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Then watch WW3 underperform. Lack connectivity, poor response to the second film and adding unknown characters is a recipe for a disaster.

I think sidekicks are a lame concept and the DCEU is too young a franchise for legacies. Also Hawkgirl has long surpassed Hawkman and is definitely not his sidekick. Supergirl is one of DC’s most popular female characters, unlike Donna/Cassie/Yara/Nubia/Artemis.
    Agree, Wonder Girl didn't even get an ongoing series until very recently and it could flop for all we know, so people definitely like Supergirl and Hawkgirl more than the Wonder Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Agree, Wonder Girl didn't even get an ongoing series until very recently and it could flop for all we know, so people definitely like Supergirl and Hawkgirl more than the Wonder Girls.
    Using Supergirl and Hawkgirl is just as likely to make it flop. Hawkgirl doesn't have an ongoing either.

Then watch WW3 underperform. Lack connectivity, poor response to the second film and adding unknown characters is a recipe for a disaster.
    Again, connectivity is not automatically a key to success and previous DC films have shown that. You're blaming the failure of WW1984 on the wrong factors.

I think sidekicks are a lame concept and the DCEU is too young a franchise for legacies.
    Who said anything about using legacies?

Also Hawkgirl has long surpassed Hawkman and is definitely not his sidekick.
    She was in her original debut and is still often treated as such today. Did it skip your notice that they are using Hawkman and not her in the Black Adam movie?

Supergirl is one of DC’s most popular female characters, unlike Donna/Cassie/Yara/Nubia/Artemis.
    Supergirl became popular through consistent use and appearances. It isn't like she became popular over night. By your logic, they should have stopped using her after the first Supergirl movie flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Again, connectivity is not automatically a key to success and previous DC films have shown that. You're blaming the failure of WW1984 on the wrong factors.

Who said anything about using legacies?

She was in her original debut and is still often treated as such today. Did it skip your notice that they are using Hawkman and not her in the Black Adam movie?

Supergirl became popular through consistent use and appearances. It isn't like she became popular over night. By your logic, they should have stopped using her after the first Supergirl movie flopped.
    Probably only using Hawkman to job to Black Adam. He’s going to get beat up for sure. Don’t think people would be ok with seeing the Rock beat up Hawkgirl. Either way Shayera is still more popular than any version of Hawkman.

WB incompetence is why we aren’t getting Hawkgirl as they blocked her inclusion, no idea why tho.

Yara Flor is definitely the best verison of Wonder Girl and the one with the most potential but she’s still a new character. Wonder Woman teaming with other DC female heroes is too appealing a concept to pass up
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'm not even sure why anyone is still holding on to the Snyderverse. His ideas don't really sound appealing.
    I agree and that is coming from someone who loved MoS/BvS/ZSJL. All the stuff post JL sounded horrendous which is why I am fairly satisfied with where ZSJL left off.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well it’s what DC needs at the moment. A good movie isn’t bringing in audiences either as we’ve seen with The Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey and Shazam!

Audiences want connectivity! To see these characters they like team up and grow! Diana has already been in 4 films, 5 with the Flash, so she’s had plenty of development! Captain America teamed up with the other Avengers and had Spider-Man/Black Panther debut in his third film! Why can’t Diana team with Hawkgirl and Supergirl in her third? There’s already history there with the Amazon’s training Kara and Shayera has ties to Egypt, where the Bana Mighdall/Artemis are from. There’s your connections!

DC’s problem is it’s lack of connectivity, their films will continue to bomb (outside of Batman) without it!
    Captain America needed development with other heroes because all the individual Avengers work better as a unit, and that's the thought process that went into the films. None of them except maybe Thor really have a strong individual mythos to call their own, so in order to make things interesting they have to mix them together into one stronger interconnected mythos. At Marvel, this isn't an issue that Spider-Man or the X-Men face. Both of those franchises could easily exist on their own and have plenty within their own corners to work with. Spidey had a successful film trilogy all on his own.

DC is made up mostly of heroes that have their own corners that don't depend on the others existing to function. Superman and Batman certainly don't need any other heroes around, they have plenty to work with. There was hype pre-release for MOS and it still did well despite being divisive, Superman did it all on his own without any connectivity because even with his standing in modern times he's still a way bigger deal than any of the individual Avengers. Despite how little they utilize Wonder Woman's world, she really functions the same way. Both the first WW and Aquaman had little references to other heroes and they were the most successful DC films so far, while a team up movie like BOP didn't do so hot. There was hype for WW84 pre-release and Wonder Woman was being a draw all on her own. The issues with the movie had little to do with lack of connectivity but more to do with a campy tone, lack of exciting action and a poor plot. If those issues still exist in WW3, Supergirl and Hawkgirl aren't going to help and may actually make things worse because it will be even less focused than the second film.

There is also the possibility that if it is true, it won't even be the Supergirl who matters and it's not like Kara's connection to the Amazons has mattered all that much. It appeared late in her publication history, barely got any focus and may not be in canon anymore. Going from that to "Supergirl is relevant to the WW mythos" is a massive stretch.

Strange people are using the argument no one really knows who any of WW supporting hero characters are as an argument for why characters she has no relation deserve to be more a WW3 than actual WW supporting characters.

As if anyone outside of comics fans knew or cared two whits about Hawkgirl was prior the DCAU. I can only assume using such logic since no one knew who Hawkgirl was back then, it was a mistake to include her.

Why is character notoriety even an argument when Marvel keeps turning C list characters into fan favorites. *Points to Ant-Man getting a third movie* (And they didn't shove popular characters in the movies to do it.)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Wonder girl has been doing quite well better then wonder woman herself over the last couple of years so I guess you just never know

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Strange people are using the argument no one really knows who any of WW supporting hero characters are as an argument for why characters she has no relation deserve to be more a WW3 than actual WW supporting characters.

As if anyone outside of comics fans knew or cared two whits about Hawkgirl was prior the DCAU. I can only assume using such logic since no one knew who Hawkgirl was back then, it was a mistake to include her.
    That’s what gets me about this whole argument. The reason no one knows Donna or Nubia is because no one uses them in popular media. Hawkgirl was objectively in the same place just a decade ago and look where she is now after one cartoon. Why should she be the only character that gets that chance, is there a quota on the number of underutilized characters that can finally get some decent exposure? If you want to build a Wonder Woman brand it’s simply stupid not to use characters that are an extension of her mythos and who can be built up alongside Diana with a shared lore, history, etc.

Could you imagine if during the making of the Black Panther movie Disney said “Okoye and M’Baku are D-listers, so let’s throw in Black Widow and Winter Soldier instead”? Or if it got revealed that the main supporting characters in Blue Beetle will be Kid Devil and Aquagirl rather than actual Blue Beetle characters. I guarantee people would be throwing fits. That’s dumb, just go all in on what makes these individual franchises great. I’m not entirely opposed to the idea of non-WW heroes showing up in the next installment but if the Amazonian supporting cast is sidelined in favor a Superman legacy I think it’s a huge missed opportunity.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-08-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wonder girl has been doing quite well better then wonder woman herself over the last couple of years so I guess you just never know
    Could be a fad but only time will tell.

Diana already has a wonderful group of underutilized super ladies who are starving for any decent representation in media

Supergirl and Hawkgirl should get their own movies instead of hijacking someone else's

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Even with Hawkgirl in the DCAU, DC weirdly never did anything with Shayera afterwards. It was all about Kendra.

I don't think she's as big of a deal even post JLU as people assume

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Even with Hawkgirl in the DCAU, DC weirdly never did anything with Shayera afterwards. It was all about Kendra.

I mean, personality-wise the Hawkwomen blend together to me like the Hawkmen do so I never thought it was that big of a deal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I’d go as far as saying that putting Nubia in WW3 will attract more attention than Hawkgirl. There’s a huge amount of interest in seeing more Amazons. Nubia, Doom’s Doorway, and all the mythological elements she brings will do more to excite audiences who want to see more of Diana’s world.

Hawkgirl hasn’t been super relevant since that cartoon and with Hawkman primed to get his ass handed to him by Black Adam I’d say he’s gonna eclipse her in popularity soon. They should save Shayera for whatever spin-off project he gets or maybe debut her in Green Lantern before getting her own project. I’m cool with her showing up in WW3 but not at the expense of actual WW characters who bring more to the table.