Page 939 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4398398899299359369379389399409419429439499891039 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nubia literally has Wonder Woman’s name and symbol plus imagery. Let’s not try and claim that she’s an OG creation, like Vixen, Bumblebee or Rocket are.

Also Ted stole the name from Dan first btw, and Jaime has nothing in common with Kord beyond the name.

In what way has Nubia done more than Hawkgirl? Was she playable in Injustice? Has she been in almost every mobile DC game like Hawkgirl? Did she get merchandise from Bombshells and Superhero Girls like Hawkgirl did? Ha she been in love action like Hawkgirl?

Nubia and Artemis can go lead the Amazon’s movie on HBO while Diana teams with Kara, Shayera and other DC women (Mary, Darla, Mera, Black Canary). That’s a good hook WW3, and it’ll need that thanks to the second film being garbage, making Diana a rapist, what was Patty thinking!
    Supergirl and Hawkgirl aren't OG creations either, since they are both have Superman and Hawkman's respective names and symbols plus imagery. So I don't understand why that invalidates Nubia.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 11-09-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think Birds of Prey was quite bad on its own merits irrespective of accuracy to the comics. The teamup doesn't even happen until the third act, and there's barely anything to tie the characters together or make them likeable. Black mask was barely developed, the tone was uneven. Just not a very good movie IMO.
    I don't think it's a good adapt but I didn't think it was terrible. The other BoP were underdeveloped and Idk why Harley is somehow a good guy now, but overall I thought it was an ok movie

Behold test shots of the Joker.

I can’t believe the Damaged design was the better one!

Well, my eyes just sent a resignation upon seeing that Joker design.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Love how everything Ayer reveals about his “Cut” somehow makes the theatrical version look better.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Excerpts from an interview with Henry Cavill:

Snyder recalls the moment when he was sure that the relatively unknown Cavill was right for the career-making role of Superman in Man of Steel. It was 2010, and the director was shooting some test footage with the actor to present to the studio. He asked Cavill to try on one of Christopher Reeve’s original spandex suits from the 1980s Superman films.

“When you see the suit on the ground, it’s kind of shriveled up, it’s just spandex, it looks like, ‘Oh God, that’s not going to be cool,’ ” Snyder says. “Henry put it on in this trailer. And there’s a version of this where he comes out and is like, ‘I’m Superman!’ and you’re like, ‘OK, it’s Halloween.’ But Henry came out and even the crusty grips we hired for the test got quiet. Everybody was heart-attack serious. He had just the right energy. We were like, “Oh, he’s Superman. That’s what Superman looks like.’ “

Cavill says he was thinking something else. “If I’m going to be honest, what was going through my mind was, ‘Lord, I’m too fat to be wearing this suit right now,’ ” Cavill says dryly. “And also, ‘I can’t believe I’m actually doing this’ — there was a sense of excitement, achievement and nervousness.”

Man of Steel was a success, and fans clamored for a direct sequel, but Warner Bros. seemed intent on following Marvel’s Avengers playbook with multicharacter mashup titles such as 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and 2017’s Justice League, the latter of which underperformed critically and financially to the point that the studio reshuffled its executive ranks and slate plans.

True to form, Cavill largely avoided engaging on the controversies that followed Justice League, such as the reports of replacement director Joss Whedon’s abusive on-set behavior, though he did acknowledge in an interview that the theatrical cut “didn’t work.” He now says Snyder did a “wonderful job” with his Snyder Cut re-edit.

In May, DC announced the development of a Black Superman film, making Cavill’s return as the superhero icon even more uncertain. “It’s exciting — Superman’s far more than skin color,” Cavill says. “Superman is an ideal. Superman’s an extraordinary thing that lives within our hearts. Why not have multiple Supermen going on? Joaquin Phoenix did a wonderful Joker movie; so what if it’s not tied to the rest of [the franchise]? They have multiple Superman comic book storylines happening at the same time.”

Yet the lack of follow-up to Man of Steel does nettle the actor — it feels like unfinished business. The film ended with Superman breaking his moral code to kill the villainous General Zod, a highly controversial decision among fans that was setting up a follow-up storyline.

“There is still a lot of storytelling for me to do as a Superman, and I would absolutely love the opportunity,” Cavill says. “The killing of Zod gave a reason for the character never to kill again. Superman falling to the ground and screaming afterward — I don’t think that was originally in the script, but I wanted to show the pain he had. I did far more emotional takes they didn’t choose; tears were happening. He just killed the last remaining member of his species. That’s the choice he made in that moment, and he’ll never do that again. There’s an opportunity for growth after that, to explore the psyche of Superman as a deep, seemingly invulnerable god-like being but with real feeling on the inside. As I always say, ‘The cape is still in the closet.'”

Full article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...an-1235044553/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lol even Cavill is pretty much saying the neck snap didn't lead to anything substantial growth wise for his character. A chance to make some lemonade out of those lemons didn't materialize even two movies later.

Still saying the cape is in your closet when that’s blatantly not true? Dunno if he’s just putting on a brave face, keeping quiet because he does actually have plans, or outright delusional. If he’s not in Flash he’s done. Even if he is in Flash he probably is still done unless he’s content to play sidekick to Supergirl, there will never be another Cavill solo film again. We’re coming up on 10 years since MoS and Snyder had him kill Zod again in BvS and help kill Steppenwolf in JL. Whatever chance there was to “explore” that is done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cool article. I do enjoy the parallels between his actual personality and Superman's. I would so love a MOS sequel.

Incredible Member

I want to go on record to say Man of Steel was not a success.

Extraordinary Member

So Superman needs to kill someone, just to try it out and see if he likes it, and now has a reason not to kill? So he would have gone on a killing spree then if he hadn't killed Zod, because he never would have had a reason not to, and hey, killing is fun for Clark otherwise?!? Interesting take on the character....

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

<horror>

Give him dreadlocks and he'd be Gary Oldman's character from True Romance.

Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So Superman needs to kill someone, just to try it out and see if he likes it, and now has a reason not to kill? So he would have gone on a killing spree then if he hadn't killed Zod, because he never would have had a reason not to, and hey, killing is fun for Clark otherwise?!? Interesting take on the character....
    Whenever this explanation is pushed, I'm always reminded of a scene from the novel, American Psycho, where Patrick Bateman kills a young child to see if he would enjoy it. He doesn't, so he decides he won't kill kids anymore and goes back to murdering other people.

That is the ideal Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This is not remotely what was said.

I know the necksnap was justified in terms of making it stricter that Superman would never kill again (not that I think it was at all necessary in that respect), but they never did explore it again or really develop it so it just felt like another shock value plot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Were they deliberately trying to sabotage Leto's Joker from the get-go?