Page 94 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697981041441945941094 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There are rumors circulating that WW84 will reboot the universe, which hopefully doesn't pan out to be too drastic. I don't want it burdened with having to fix the whole film verse.
    At most, I'm hoping it just means some details will make it into the story that contradict BvS and JL without much fanfare. Like, she continues to not walk away from humanity and maybe even flies despite not flying in JL.
    I doubt Jenkins would be happy with the production if they were re-working the film into a comprehensive and hard reboot, so if there is any kind of continuity revamping it will probably be subtle.

Invisible Jet or bust .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt Jenkins would be happy with the production if they were re-working the film into a comprehensive and hard reboot, so if there is any kind of continuity revamping it will probably be subtle.

Invisible Jet or bust .
    Yeah, hopefully. Jenkins probably has a lot of clout. Or if she doesn't, she damn well ought to.

There are rumors going around that we will get the jet, but I don't think it will be from the Amazons. Which will be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, hopefully. Jenkins probably has a lot of clout. Or if she doesn't, she damn well ought to.

There are rumors going around that we will get the jet, but I don't think it will be from the Amazons. Which will be a shame.
    Maybe not personally designed by the Amazons, but I imagine their technology will have something to do with it (I would hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Nah, I don’t care if you like the movie or not. Just think anybody who has a problem with Brie not smiling in a trailer is an idiot and she was well in her right to poke fun of them.
    Brie Larson is pompous and immature, just full of herself. An adult would have given an explanation as to why the character wasn't smiling. No, they weren't idiots. They were smart enough to see it was a terrible
    trailer and giving reasons as to why it was a bad trailer. It is Brie Larson who is the idiot and can't accept criticism and it too stupid to realize she is only hurting herself and the movie and perhaps even the
    whole MCU. While James Wan took the high road, acted like an adult, and said it was okay to hate Aquaman because not everyone likes the same thing and the critics may have valid reasons for not liking
    the movie. Just like it is a valid reason to dislike a trailer where the main character has all the emotions of a block of wood. Now the main character may have a reason for that. But Brie Larson never justified
    that. She just attacked people who couldn't see the reason for it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Brie Larson brings a lot of baggage to the role that could potentially hurt Captain Marvel, including being waist deep in the MeToo movement, as well as her white savior complex, and her comments about white male critics.
    All I was talking about is the “OH MAH GOD SHE AINT SMILIN” crowd. Nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Brie Larson is pompous and immature, just full of herself. An adult would have given an explanation as to why the character wasn't smiling. No, they weren't idiots. They were smart enough to see it was a terrible
    trailer and giving reasons as to why it was a bad trailer. It is Brie Larson who is the idiot and can't accept criticism and it too stupid to realize she is only hurting herself and the movie and perhaps even the
    whole MCU. While James Wan took the high road, acted like an adult, and said it was okay to hate Aquaman because not everyone likes the same thing and the critics may have valid reasons for not liking
    the movie. Just like it is a valid reason to dislike a trailer where the main character has all the emotions of a block of wood. Now the main character may have a reason for that. But Brie Larson never justified
    that. She just attacked people who couldn't see the reason for it.
    If anybody got offended or felt attacked seeing some smiles photoshopped on MCU posters than that’s there problem. But there’s clearly no point in further discussing this so I’m just gonna leave it at that.

Fantastic Member

Why should Brie Larson be expected or inclined to give an explanation about why her character doesn't smile (which she does btw)? Was an explanation expected or given by Hugh Jackman when playing Wolverine? Maybe she carries around this "baggage" because of stupidity like this.

Brie Larson brings a lot of baggage to the role that could potentially hurt Captain Marvel, including being waist deep in the MeToo movement, as well as her white savior complex, and her comments about white male critics.
    Lol most people don’t know or care about that. Most of the MCU cast is tweeting away about political stuff. Hasn’t had any effect yet

I vastly prefer the DCEU women to the MCU women. At least the former all have distinct personalities and are able to emote. Like seriously, are the actresses all told to have the same "tough girl" look? Gamora, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, Nebula, even Wasp look angry all the time. Compare that to Wonder Woman, Mera or Harley Quinn and it's a huge difference. The only DCEU womam with that look would be Katana, but thats because she barley got any screen time.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Would you care to elaborate on that? I haven't heard about any of these situations, but I assume she's a proponent of that movement rather than being under accusation from it?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Imax poster.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    For those complaining about the jokes and quips in "Aquaman", just a reminder: YOU ASKED FOR THIS! YOU whined like babies because the first two DCEU movies were "too dark", YOU demanded the head of the guy who wanted to portray DC characters in a serious way and YOU celebrated when he stepped down. Now, lay in the bed that you have made.
    I liked the jokes, but I think they are still searching for the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SHAZAM! a Christmas movie in April.

Maybe if it's good, families can retroactively make this a Christmas tradition like IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.
    Are we sure Shane Black didn't direct Shazam? Maybe a writing credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think this video explains why I will not see Aquaman in the near future no matter how good it is...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfzUiJr84lY
    I turned it off after 2 minutes. I was getting a migrane from the strain of my eyes rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What other movies???

This is AQUAMAN after all... Aquaman is insanely lucky to have ever gotten ONE movie, let alone a whole 'franchise'. I feel the biggest issue with movies today is this desire for EVERYTHING to be the next big Star Wars franchise. Not EVERYTHING needs to be a franchise or a trilogy. Green Lantern fell into that trap when they saved Sinestro for the sequel... which never happened. Any hope of a Man of Steel 2 is just about gone... Stop saving stuff for sequel and just make a solid stand alone movie... especially with questionable products like Aquaman.

They did a pretty good job making this stand alone. We got the origin, the bad guys stopped... and a hint that there is more story to come... but no major cliffhangers. Rock solid.
    You think they won't make a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I usually don't mind some world building at all, especially if it's part of an origin story, but I do agree studios seem way too focused on planting seeds for potential sequels as opposed to opening the floodgates from the get go.
    Agreed. Everybody is always holding back for the next movie. The Amazing Spider-Man movies were the worst with that. Always teasing something for the next movie- until there wasn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    IDK; the BoP movie feels more and more like scorched earth.
    I'm morbidly curious about this movie now. Who is it for? Fanboys are up in arms about the casting, and I don't know if the casual audience even know who the Birds of Prey are. That might work in it's favor, as most people will only see that Harley Quinn is in it and go see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I got we were on the same page when I read your review! You should definitely watch spider-verse, it's really amazing, with a lot of heart!
    Just got back from seeing it. Simply the best Spider-Man movie ever made. And that includes the live action movies.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/dont-g...fice-earnings/

Apparently we're not allowed to get excited about Aquaman's boxoffice because Avengers and Black Panther made more, plus China doesn't count apparently
    The studios get less of the gross overseas than they do here. That being said, China is so big now that I hardly think that matters anymore.

And here I sit, rolling my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I vastly prefer the DCEU women to the MCU women. At least the former all have distinct personalities and are able to emote. Like seriously, are the actresses all told to have the same "tough girl" look? Gamora, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, Nebula, even Wasp look angry all the time. Compare that to Wonder Woman, Mera or Harley Quinn and it's a huge difference. The only DCEU womam with that look would be Katana, but thats because she barley got any screen time.
    I was really disappointed with how the MCU handled Gamora and Wasp.

They changed the "Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" into the "Most Ineffectual Woman in the Galaxy" and turned a fun, flirty, and vivacious heroine into Paul Rudd's straight-woman because they couldn't use her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was really disappointed with how the MCU handled Gamora and Wasp.

They changed the "Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" into the "Most Ineffectual Woman in the Galaxy" and turned a fun, flirty, and vivacious heroine into Paul Rudd's straight-woman because they couldn't use her mom.
    The dynamic choice was werid for Scott and Hope but I like it. Reminds me of a cartoony version of Dickbats and Damien.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

These days, the CGI is so good that it rarely takes me out of the movie. With AQUAMAN, I almost never noticed it, even though the whole movie is done with CGI. A far cry from the Sam Rami Spider-Man movies, where every time Spidey jumped into action I thought I was watching a cartoon--a la the Kirk Alyn SUPERMAN 1948 serial where when he flies it's an animated Man of Steel we see and not Alyn himself.

For GREEN LANTERN, the edit of the movie was wrong and there were some problems with plot; however, I always thought it got a bad rap for the CGI super suit. If any super-hero had an in-story reason for wearing a suit that was all CGI, it was the Emerald Gladiator. It's essentially a product of his green ring's energy.

Maybe we should reconsider all of the things that GREEN LANTERN did to develop super-hero action in movies, despite its failure at the box office. Screen Rant seems to think so:

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    In all honesty, if you won’t watch Captain Marvel because she didn’t smile in the trailer you are a fucking loser that deserves to be clowned on.
    I won't be watching Captain Marvel because I can't stand Brie Larsen's acting in anything. She annoys me.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."