Page 940 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4408408909309369379389399409419429439449509901040 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know the necksnap was justified in terms of making it stricter that Superman would never kill again (not that I think it was at all necessary in that respect), but they never did explore it again or really develop it so it just felt like another shock value plot point
    Yeah, I don't think Cavill is saying anything like Superman needing to kill to understand he didn't want to be a killer (though that was a defense from some of the die hard defenders of MOS back when it came out), just that it was a potential new way to explore how he can push himself to be better and have the motivation to never let that situation come up again. It's not ideal, but it could be interesting if done well in the right hands. As it stands though, yeah, it really was just a shock value moment to get people talking and nothing else.

Because Supes is maiming and casually assisting in killing Steppenwolf by the end of the Snyder Cut like it's not big thing to him. Yeah, the no kill code in the comics is sporadic and there are moments of hypocrisy where he values the lives of humans/humanoids more than other sentients. But I don't think any of that factored into the Snyder Cut fight scene

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Cavill is saying anything like Superman needing to kill to understand he didn't want to be a killer (though that was a defense from some of the die hard defenders of MOS back when it came out), just that it was a potential new way to explore how he can push himself to be better and have the motivation to never let that situation come up again. It's not ideal, but it could be interesting if done well in the right hands. As it stands though, yeah, it really was just a shock value moment to get people talking and nothing else.

Because Supes is maiming and casually assisting in killing Steppenwolf by the end of the Snyder Cut like it's not big thing to him. Yeah, the no kill code in the comics is sporadic and there are moments of hypocrisy where he values the lives of humans/humanoids more than other sentients. But I don't think any of that factored into the Snyder Cut fight scene
    And even in BvS, the way they frame Superman and how he operates just...doesn't really serve showing his character off well and how he operates as a hero. Because Snyder just can't tone anything down and has to go for all these grand, operatic, and dramatic stuff.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Black Adam’ Producer Hiram Garcia on ‘Not Going Soft’ and Crafting a ‘Tough Matchup’ for Superman

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I want to go on record to say Man of Steel was not a success.
    I'd call it midly-successful. It wasn't a flop.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's been said before, I feel like everyone involved in Black Adam wants a Superman showdown.

Hypothetically, if you were making a Black Adam movie, would you want that to eventually lead to a showdown with Superman at some point down the road?

Garcia: The truth is, there’s a reason why we say that when Black Adam comes into the DC universe, the hierarchy of power is going to change. And there’s very few established figures who would be able to go toe to toe with Black Adam. I think as established right now in the DC cinematic universe, you look at Wonder Woman and at Superman as two characters that would have a shot, maybe if they work together, because hey…it’s Black Adam, right? Some might look toward Shazam as an option or an equal, but these guys are very different. Shazam’s powers come from Greek gods, whereas Black Adam’s come from Egyptian gods, so there’s some reasoning there to believe that this is partly why Black Adam seems as powerful as he is. When it comes to Supes we all know there’s two major weaknesses for him. It’s kryptonite and it’s magic. And when you’ve got a character like Black Adam who is made up of magic coupled with his inherent aggression, and you have a character like Superman who historically pulls his punches, that’s going to be a tough matchup for Superman. I think fans would want to see that.

In a perfect world, of course I’d want to see the best and the most exciting try and take on the force of nature we have in Black Adam and the way Dwayne portrays him. But yeah, I think right now as established, those are the two characters you figure who have the best shot at being able to survive. Maybe. Who knows? But I’m always going to put my money on Black Adam, because I’m telling you, in our world, he’s the top dog. That’s how it goes. And everyone feels the ripples and effect of him coming into the universe, and he’s the kind of presence that makes everyone go, “Uh oh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It's been said before, I feel like everyone involved in Black Adam wants a Superman showdown.

Hypothetically, if you were making a Black Adam movie, would you want that to eventually lead to a showdown with Superman at some point down the road?

Garcia: The truth is, there’s a reason why we say that when Black Adam comes into the DC universe, the hierarchy of power is going to change. And there’s very few established figures who would be able to go toe to toe with Black Adam. I think as established right now in the DC cinematic universe, you look at Wonder Woman and at Superman as two characters that would have a shot, maybe if they work together, because hey…it’s Black Adam, right? Some might look toward Shazam as an option or an equal, but these guys are very different. Shazam’s powers come from Greek gods, whereas Black Adam’s come from Egyptian gods, so there’s some reasoning there to believe that this is partly why Black Adam seems as powerful as he is. When it comes to Supes we all know there’s two major weaknesses for him. It’s kryptonite and it’s magic. And when you’ve got a character like Black Adam who is made up of magic coupled with his inherent aggression, and you have a character like Superman who historically pulls his punches, that’s going to be a tough matchup for Superman. I think fans would want to see that.

In a perfect world, of course I’d want to see the best and the most exciting try and take on the force of nature we have in Black Adam and the way Dwayne portrays him. But yeah, I think right now as established, those are the two characters you figure who have the best shot at being able to survive. Maybe. Who knows? But I’m always going to put my money on Black Adam, because I’m telling you, in our world, he’s the top dog. That’s how it goes. And everyone feels the ripples and effect of him coming into the universe, and he’s the kind of presence that makes everyone go, “Uh oh.”
    Good lord, these guys sound obnoxious. Shazam, the hero for which Adam was created for, can't fight him? Superman AND Wonder Woman need to work together to match him? I'm already exhausted by this movie.

Wasn't enough we got two versions of Justice League to piss all over Wonder Woman. Black Adam wants to, too.

I know a villain should, in some way, have an advantage over a hero to raise the stakes, but I always felt for Black Adam it came from experience and ruthlessness and not because his gods are Egyptian instead of Greek.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Dany Garcia, one of the producer of Shazam! and Black Adam is Cavill's manager, that's why Superman gets attached to these projects one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I know a villain should, in some way, have an advantage over a hero to raise the stakes, but I always felt for Black Adam it came from experience and ruthlessness and not because his gods are Egyptian instead of Greek.
    Yeah, I don't see what the pantheon has to do with one being inherently stronger than another.

Also, poor Captain Marvel/Shazam. He should be coming to mind first as Black Adam's equal, not Superman. Black Adam is his rogue.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see what the pantheon has to do with one being inherently stronger than another.

Also, poor Captain Marvel/Shazam. He should be coming to mind first as Black Adam's equal, not Superman. Black Adam is his rogue.
    Yeah, he definitely shouldn't be excluded, but I won't complain if they find a way to have them team up somehow (without jobbing).

It makes it sound like the producers are even bigger Black Adam fanboys than Geoff Johns was. Is it the Dwayne Johnson effect?

And are they really forgetting that, pantheon aside, Black Adam still has the same powers as Shazam and they literally get their powers from the same person? Their costumes basically have the same look.

And what "DC Universe?" There's barely a DC Universe. Just a random assortment of movies that might reference a hero but never show them.

All they want is to see Black Adam beat the stuffing out of Superman or another character instead of fighting the one hero he's supposed to fight.

Captain Marvel can't catch a break. First he loses his name and now he might lose his enemy. WB still has no clue what to do with these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Captain Marvel can't catch a break. First he loses his name and now he might lose his enemy. WB still has no clue what to do with these characters.
    At least he now has a family to comfort him with his losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    At least he now has a family to comfort him with his losses.
    Of course, now it seems like he can't do anything without said family of 6 people...not that I don't love the kids, but remember when it was just Mary and Freddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    C'mon messing up the Captain Marvel franchise has been DC's thing since they first started suing Fawcett.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it the Dwayne Johnson effect?
    I didn't want to say it at first, but I think this is playing a part in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne wants to go against Superman because that's the bigger deal character. And of course, no way will he lose against him.