Page 941 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4418418919319379389399409419429439449459519911041 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,115 of 20948

I think Dwayne Johnson just wants to have the Bro-iest Bro on Bro showdown that ever Bro'ed by wrestling with Henry Cavil in superhero onesies and having CGI sprinkled all over it.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I didn't want to say it at first, but I think this is playing a part in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne wants to go against Superman because that's the bigger deal character. And of course, no way will he lose against him.
    That’s exactly why same reason you see Supes and Wondy job so much in the comics
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don't know why y'all are so shocked about all this.

The Rock was a wrester after all, what makes you think he wouldn't be primed about a fake fight?
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-10-2021 at 04:42 PM.

I guess the one good thing about Cavill not coming back is they can't do the Superman fight no matter how much they want it .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the one good thing about Cavill not coming back is they can't do the Superman fight no matter how much they want it .
    multiverse they have a superman if they really want to

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    multiverse they have a superman if they really want to
    I don't know if they'd use any of their black Supermen for it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s exactly why same reason you see Supes and Wondy job so much in the comics
    So Billy might not be able to fight his own arch nemesis, and even if he does he may not be allowed to even win.

That strikes me as a terrible way to manage the IP, but what else is new. The first Shazam film was a lot of fun and overall the casting of Johnson as Black Adam is a big get. But this stuff and the way the sequel is shaping up (with the Monster Society plotline being dropped and a bunch of new creations) are giving me bad vibes.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So Billy might not be able to fight his own arch nemesis, and even if he does he may not be allowed to even win.

That strikes me as a terrible way to manage the IP, but what else is new. The first Shazam film was a lot of fun and overall the casting of Johnson as Black Adam is a big get. But this stuff and the way the sequel is shaping up (with the Monster Society plotline being dropped and a bunch of new creations) are giving me bad vibes.
    I guess they're viewing Black Adam as the principal property, not Shazam.

The question is though, who defeats him then? If he can beat Superman and Shazam, how is he defeated? Or does something make him regret his actions and default to anti-hero who stays within his own borders?

Oh, if they fought there's no way Billy would actually beat him. Even all of them together would probably job against Black Adam at this point.

If they "won," it would probably be through a speech or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

The question is though, who defeats him then? If he can beat Superman and Shazam, how is he defeated? Or does something make him regret his actions and default to anti-hero who stays within his own borders?
    That's what I assume happen. Like JSA: Black Reign.

Incredible Member

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Superman is being downgraded once again.
    What else is new?
    But Superman should always be the top of the pyramid with ordinary heroes/villains.
    People excited about the JSA should keep in mind that they are probably going to be presented as an afterthought.

Few people around here have been as tough as I have on the DCEU.
    But one of the few films that it struck me worked was Shazam.
    It did a nice job with a children's perspective about superheroes.
    It is sad to think that Captain Marvel-DC version will be marginalized.
    Of course, this is all speculation at this point.

They are viewing Dwayne Johnson as the priority.

Sounds like the want Wonder Woman and Superman to fight him instead of Billy, since loosing to him might make their anti-hero look bad(?)

Kind-of sounds like the missed the point that Black Adam represents the past and Billy represents the future and that's why their feud works. But yeah WB, lets ignore any potential nuance and focus on the big dumb CGI fight a Superman vs Black Adam fight would bring.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yeah, I don't think Cavill is saying anything like Superman needing to kill to understand he didn't want to be a killer (though that was a defense from some of the die hard defenders of MOS back when it came out), just that it was a potential new way to explore how he can push himself to be better and have the motivation to never let that situation come up again. It's not ideal, but it could be interesting if done well in the right hands. As it stands though, yeah, it really was just a shock value moment to get people talking and nothing else.

Because Supes is maiming and casually assisting in killing Steppenwolf by the end of the Snyder Cut like it's not big thing to him. Yeah, the no kill code in the comics is sporadic and there are moments of hypocrisy where he values the lives of humans/humanoids more than other sentients. But I don't think any of that factored into the Snyder Cut fight scene
    He blasts off Steppenwolf's horn (which frankly is pretty tame) and then knocks him in Diana's direction, who then decapitates him. That's it. Even if he himself doesn't want to kill, I don't think it is reasonable for him to get on someone's case for killing in the middle of an invasion. Frankly, he still has less of a body count than his comic counterpart.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-10-2021 at 09:40 PM.

The Rock is the bigger actor so Black Adam is more “important” now. Kinda like how Adam is on the JL while Billy languishes in Titans hell in the comics. Still think that the easiest way to get anything close to the BvS pre-release hype would be Superman and Shazam vs. Black Adam.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He blasts off Steppenwolf's horn (which frankly is pretty tame) and then knocks him in Diana's direction, who then decapitates him. That's it. Even if he himself doesn't want to kill, I don't think it is reasonable for him to get on someone's case for killing in the middle of an invasion. Frankly, he still has less of a body count than his comic counterpart.
    He blasts off the horn and the wound starts bleeding. Burning off body parts seems a bit excessive when you're already winning.

I don't care about his comic self's body count. That has nothing to do with the film arc in its own context. Clark was devastated when he killed another being at the end of his first film, and then doesn't have any issues helping kill another later. It's because his arc isn't coherent at all.

I don't want Superman in a Black Adam movie because of reasons already stated (he'll turn into a jobber). But as far as the comics go, I actually don't mind Black Adam being used as a Superman rogue more often. Shazam is a character they don't know what to do with and Black Adam is a pretty cool character and instead of wasting him, they could use him by moving more to Superman's orbit