Page 947 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379439449459469479489499509519579971047 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 20948

Hardcore fans are very niche. It's the people who were fans of the previous Spider-Man movies excited to see characters from those movies come back and Sony/Marvel actually holding back on revealing details about the film plus the absurd levels of secrecy surrounding this film has only driven up the anticipation surrounding the film. Plus, there is the crossover appeal of seeing someone like Dr Strange show up in a Spider-Man.

I don't know if the movie will make a billion. Especially not with Omicron being around. But I don't think big opening day is the game plan anymore. Or at least they're not betting everything on that. They want people to show up for opening day and maybe the second and third weekend but the long term goal is probably to get people to sign up for Disney +. BW did really well on D+ after Premier Access was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hardcore fans are very niche. It's the people who were fans of the previous Spider-Man movies excited to see characters from those movies come back and Sony/Marvel actually holding back on revealing details about the film plus the absurd levels of secrecy surrounding this film has only driven up the anticipation surrounding the film. Plus, there is the crossover appeal of seeing someone like Dr Strange show up in a Spider-Man.

I don't know if the movie will make a billion. Especially not with Omicron being around. But I don't think big opening day is the game plan anymore. Or at least they're not betting everything on that. They want people to show up for opening day and maybe the second and third weekend but the long term goal is probably to get people to sign up for Disney +. BW did really well on D+ after Premier Access was removed.
    Yea Omicron will be rough because I think in a normal year, it would have sold 1.5+ billion at the box office although I believe it will still hit a billion. The hype of seeing Tom Spider-Man meeting Tobey and Andrew is really real. I've had random co-workers bring it up to me.

Marvel is pandemic proof.

Wonder if Eternals would've done better without a pandemic.

On a side-note I've yet to see it but I'm disappointed about its performance since people often talk about wanting less formulaic superhero movies and yet when they get that, they don't show up for it. Since I haven't seen it, Eternals could very well just be a bad movie and that could be the main reason for underperforming aside from the pandemic, but it's disappointing that for the first time in forever Marvel did something that seemed to stray from their main formula and audiences didn't embrace it. This would likely scare both them and DC to do more "experimental" flicks in the future, or at least the type that require bigger budget.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

On a side-note I've yet to see it but I'm disappointed about its performance since people often talk about wanting less formulaic superhero movies and yet when they get that, they don't show up for it. Since I haven't seen it, Eternals could very well just be a bad movie and that could be the main reason for underperforming aside from the pandemic, but it's disappointing that for the first time in forever Marvel did something that seemed to stray from their main formula and audiences didn't embrace it. This would likely scare both them and DC to do more "experimental" flicks in the future, or at least the type that require bigger budget.
    Did it in fact stray? I think you'd have to see it to know.

Eternals had a low rating from critics but much higher rating from the audience on Rotton Tomatoes. The Tomatoe meter and the Audience Meter are on two different poles when it comes to that movie. Which is ironic, since the critics are the ones who complain the most about Marvel's 'formula' and yet, a movie that broke said formula is the one they chose to pan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea Omicron will be rough because I think in a normal year, it would have sold 1.5+ billion at the box office although I believe it will still hit a billion. The hype of seeing Tom Spider-Man meeting Tobey and Andrew is really real. I've had random co-workers bring it up to me.
    Oh it will do better than literally any other movie that's come out this year. It really depends on how bad Omicron gets. I'm just saying, the game has changed and the old rules of aiming for the big opening night in the biggest markets don't apply as much as it used to. They're probably counting on people signing up for streaming to watch this movie as well.

Eternals had a low rating from critics but much higher rating from the audience on Rotton Tomatoes. The Tomatoe meter and the Audience Meter are on two different poles when it comes to that movie. Which is ironic, since the critics are the ones who complain the most about Marvel's 'formula' and yet, a movie that broke said formula is the one they chose to pan.

Oh it will do better than literally any other movie that's come out this year. It really depends on how bad Omicron gets. I'm just saying, the game has changed and the old rules of aiming for the big opening night in the biggest markets don't apply as much as it used to. They're probably counting on people signing up for streaming to watch this movie as well.
    But it's a Sony movie so I'm not sure it's queued up to be on any streaming service at the moment since none of the Spider-Man movies are on any streaming services at the moment. I don't think Sony cares how well the film does for Netflix/Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Plenty of Dominicans have some sort of European ancestry.

There’s literally nothing about her complexion or facial features that would preclude her having a white parent lmao.

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/.../w_3126,h_3126

She has the same skin tone here as every mixed girl I knew growing up or in my family.
    Indeed.
    I am so fricking excited about the Batgirl film, and the # 1 reason for it is that it will star Leslie Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the hood but Adam wears it better than Billy does.

Danny DeVito Gives Colin Farrell His Stamp of Approval as Penguin

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/batman...tamp-approval/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Danny DeVito Gives Colin Farrell His Stamp of Approval as Penguin

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/batman...tamp-approval/
    His Penguin voice did seem a tad inspired by DeVito's.

Ultimate Member

Take the Eternals leads out and put in some well known Marvel characters-I bet those critics have a different tone.

Remember it's not showing in China due to one of the actors.

5 other countries are not showing it due to the gay couple.

With all that said we might have seen it at $400 million already without Covid.

I am are Disney is fine with it as the bigger issue is how much of a trainwreck Black Panther 2 will be.

Shang-Chi got no release date in China either to my surprise. Did fine without it.

I think Wakanda Forever will do well too, no matter the issues with Letitia. Regular moviegoers don't tend to care about behind the scenes drama. If anything what people will be most curious about is to see how the story will continue without T'Challa.

Besides the MCU productions rarely tend to have the development hell issues the DCEU does and they usually end up delivering, so they still have the trust of the audience. I'll be genuinely shocked if Black Panther 2 ends up being a disaster. Doctor Strange 2 seems like a far bigger question mark for me.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-04-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Shang-Chi got no release date in China either to my surprise. Did fine without it.

I think Wakanda Forever will do well too, no matter the issues with Letitia. Regular moviegoers don't tend to care about behind the scenes drama. If anything what people will be most curious about is to see how the story will continue without T'Challa.

Besides the MCU productions rarely tend to have the development hell issues the DCEU does and they usually end up delivering, so they still have the trust of the audience. I'll be genuinely shocked if Black Panther 2 ends up being a disaster. Doctor Strange 2 seems like a far bigger question mark for me.
    I seriously don’t think Marvel is capable of a “disaster” right now. It’s one of the most trusted brands in pop culture. A once in a century pandemic and below average reviews couldn’t even slow them down.

If they have multiple godawful movies in a row, then the public may sour on Marvel movies. But I really don’t see that happening.