Page 948 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4488488989389449459469479489499509519529589981048 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 20948

It would have to be a string of multiple failures and them messing up solos and crossovers for the MCU to sink or they are unable to adapt to changing trends or something even more popular comes along or somebody manages to do what they do but better. Nothing is unsinkable. Or something worse than COVID happens (like climate change) but that's a situation where everybody is screwed, not just Marvel.

The MCU works because it's an extremely collaborative process. In order for it to fail, somebody important to the process has to be gone. We are kind of seeing that happen with Black Panther 2 due to the unfortunate passing of Chadwick Boseman. It's too early to call it a failure since we know nothing about the actual plot of the movie but at the same time, everything we've heard about the production of it has been rough but great movies have also come out of troubled productions. But even if BP2 flops, it's still one movie in a multi-franchise monolith, the MCU as a whole will survive so long as their other movies and tv shows do well. Plus they're doing spin off shows for BP and if those do well it will keep the franchise running until they can recast and soft reboot the BP movie franchise with a new T'Challa (assuming they realize recasting is the way to go).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I seriously don’t think Marvel is capable of a “disaster” right now. It’s one of the most trusted brands in pop culture. A once in a century pandemic and below average reviews couldn’t even slow them down.

If they have multiple godawful movies in a row, then the public may sour on Marvel movies. But I really don’t see that happening.
    People could get bored of cape flicks. Not likely but it could happen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Marvel and DC could put out a flop each year and Marvel would be in an increasingly better place since 1/3 (DC) of movies flopping is way worse then 1/10 (Marvel).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Take the Eternals leads out and put in some well known Marvel characters-I bet those critics have a different tone.
    Naah, it would still be a boring film even if it starred the Avengers or X-Men.

5 other countries are not showing it due to the gay couple.
    Those countries don't even add up to 1% of a Hollywood blockbuster's global box office collections.

I am are Disney is fine with it as the bigger issue is how much of a trainwreck Black Panther 2 will be.
    Why is it a trainwreck? Because one of the actresses is an anti-vaxxer off-screen? Nobody cares about that. The bigger issue right now seems to be Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which has been pushed back for extensive reshoots. And also because Sam Raimi hasn't been in good form since Spider-Man 2.

I actually am apprehensive of BP2. It's been rewritten several times now to deal with Boseman's death. They should have delayed the entire production for a year or two instead of trying to wing it as they go.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    That sucks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    not suprised Gal Gadot is booked

We have batgirl , Bluebettle and Zatanna Filming next year hopefully static as well
    s0 2023 dance card is full

We haven't heard of a casting yet for Zatanna. Are you sure it's filming next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Naah, it would still be a boring film even if it starred the Avengers or X-Men.
    The point is, not every criticism of the movie had merit. I saw a review where a critic was demanding to know why Makkari had to be played by a deaf black woman.

The movie has flaws but the diverse cast wasn't one of them.

Those countries don't even add up to 1% of a Hollywood blockbuster's global box office collections.
    And yet, how many big Hollywood movies has dared to lose any market because they wanted to maintain an explicitly gay couple on screen?

Why is it a trainwreck? Because one of the actresses is an anti-vaxxer off-screen? Nobody cares about that. The bigger issue right now seems to be Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which has been pushed back for extensive reshoots. And also because Sam Raimi hasn't been in good form since Spider-Man 2.
    The script has been rewritten 5 times according to Angela Basset. The movie lost it's primary star and nothing we've heard about it since has been reassuring. Literally no enthusiasm from any of the cast and crew about the sequel especially compared to the first one. Radio silence from Danai Gurira and Lupita while Winston's IG feed seems to imply he is depressed and ready to move on to other projects (he's playing Batman in an upcoming audio drama). Letitia reportedly spreading her anti vaxx nonsense on set and now there might be difficulty in bringing her back to States from London if she doesn't get vaccinated. Film is on hold until she can recover from her 'on set injury'. After Chadwick died, they should have just delayed the movie and figured out what to do instead of delaying it only by a few months. Instead it sounds like we are getting a mess of a movie with no clear lead character or direction and seemingly set up to act more like a launch pad for spin offs for Iron heart and the Dora Milage.

There was a nice interview with Henry Cavill where he talked about how his dog Kal saving his mental and psychological health. I do love the fact that he does have his own Krypto.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/enter...gbr/index.html

Cavill also said (once again) that he keeps his Superman suit in his wardrobe and is "ready and waiting for the phone call" to reprise the role.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The point is, not every criticism of the movie had merit. I saw a review where a critic was demanding to know why Makkari had to be played by a deaf black woman.

The movie has flaws but the diverse cast wasn't one of them.

And yet, how many big Hollywood movies has dared to lose any market because they wanted to maintain an explicitly gay couple on screen?

The script has been rewritten 5 times according to Angela Basset. The movie lost it's primary star and nothing we've heard about it since has been reassuring. Literally no enthusiasm from any of the cast and crew about the sequel especially compared to the first one. Radio silence from Danai Gurira and Lupita while Winston's IG feed seems to imply he is depressed and ready to move on to other projects (he's playing Batman in an upcoming audio drama). Letitia reportedly spreading her anti vaxx nonsense on set and now there might be difficulty in bringing her back to States from London if she doesn't get vaccinated. Film is on hold until she can recover from her 'on set injury'. After Chadwick died, they should have just delayed the movie and figured out what to do instead of delaying it only by a few months. Instead it sounds like we are getting a mess of a movie with no clear lead character or direction and seemingly set up to act more like a launch pad for spin offs for Iron heart and the Dora Milage.
    If they can get their sh!t together there is still huge box-office potential for Black Panther 2. I'm sure there will be a big tribute to Chadwick's BP and fans will flock to the theaters to be a part of it.

Plus Namor will be making his big screen debut and they're giving this version of Atlantis a Mexican/Mayan origin, which I'm sure will peak the interest of Latino fans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There was a nice interview with Henry Cavill where he talked about how his dog Kal saving his mental and psychological health. I do love the fact that he does have his own Krypto.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/enter...gbr/index.html

Cavill also said (once again) that he keeps his Superman suit in his wardrobe and is "ready and waiting for the phone call" to reprise the role.
    Gotta love WB just wasting him and Joe Manganiello

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Total Film:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We haven't heard of a casting yet for Zatanna. Are you sure it's filming next year?
    They have not announced statics casting either. I’m not expecting any large DC news until we get closer to batman. Now that Dr strange had to moove that film should dominate which will make DC a bit more confident going forward.