Page 95 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798991051451955951095 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 20948
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I won't be watching Captain Marvel because I can't stand Brie Larsen's acting in anything. She annoys me.
    That’s a perfectly valid reason. Not going because she isn’t smiling in the trailer is not.

What's funny is I like pretty much everything about the Captain Marvel trailers except for the main character because she just shows little to no personality. I don't care much about seeing her smile and I get that she's been brainwashed or whatever, but I think they should've showed us more of her actual characterization. I understand they couldn't show much in the teaser trailer, but the second trailer should've showed us more. I feel like I'd go see a movie about a character with no personality. Perhaps it's fully intentional until she does get her memories back, but I feel the promotion of the movie is doing its main character a disservice like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-02-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The dynamic choice was werid for Scott and Hope but I like it. Reminds me of a cartoony version of Dickbats and Damien.
    I wish they had as much chemistry as Dick and Damian did.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish they had as much chemistry as Dick and Damian did.
    You're on to something. Actually you just ruined Ant-Man for me. I like that cast but now I cannot see past that.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Aquaman will outgross Avengers End Game. A copy of End Game will leak ala Wolverine Origins and will kill the film! Heard it here first.

Nah but seriously Aquaman doing so well is such a surprise December is rather unkown for a CBM. I thought Spiderman and Bumblebee would also put up more of a fight. Once SW is done wonder if we'll see more live action CBMs in December?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Retired

One thing that saddens me about the Marvel CAPTAIN MARVEL movie is that it makes it unlikely we'll ever see a movie version of Jim Starlin's THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL. That was one of the most moving comics I ever read and it was groundbreaking at the time. Even if they do it in the movies, it will proably only be part of a larger story, the way that the Death of Superman was folded into BATMAN V SUPERMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE--without being given space to play out the important themes and characters beats of the hero's passing.

The Captain Marvel death is a very non-Marvel movie type of story, because it's not about big battles and over the top action. It's essentially the story of someone dying of a terminal illness and their final good-byes to family, friends and frenemies.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Aquaman will outgross Avengers End Game. A copy of End Game will leak ala Wolverine Origins and will kill the film! Heard it here first.

Nah but seriously Aquaman doing so well is such a surprise December is rather unkown for a CBM. I thought Spiderman and Bumblebee would also put up more of a fight. Once SW is done wonder if we'll see more live action CBMs in December?
    Between DP, BP & Aquaman, I wouldn’t be surprised if winter CBM releases become more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These days, the CGI is so good that it rarely takes me out of the movie. With AQUAMAN, I almost never noticed it, even though the whole movie is done with CGI. A far cry from the Sam Rami Spider-Man movies, where every time Spidey jumped into action I thought I was watching a cartoon--a la the Kirk Alyn SUPERMAN 1948 serial where when he flies it's an animated Man of Steel we see and not Alyn himself.

For GREEN LANTERN, the edit of the movie was wrong and there were some problems with plot; however, I always thought it got a bad rap for the CGI super suit. If any super-hero had an in-story reason for wearing a suit that was all CGI, it was the Emerald Gladiator. It's essentially a product of his green ring's energy.

Maybe we should reconsider all of the things that GREEN LANTERN did to develop super-hero action in movies, despite its failure at the box office. Screen Rant seems to think so:

People love to exaggerate. Twice as much online. Green Lanterns biggest fault is that its merely a solid superhero movie. If I put down my DC fan googles its just that. As a buddy aptly said (right after a watching of DP2 and GL in a row) its an alright movie. He could not understand the hate it got I told him about but understood that it lacked the punch to a franchise starter which it was intended to be.

Well, if you don't tell anybody its not it will still look like part of the DCEU with an GL fighting in one of the flashback battles in Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on that? I haven't heard about any of these situations, but I assume she's a proponent of that movement rather than being under accusation from it?
    Larsen angered a contingent of the fan community when she said she didn't want to hear what white male critics had to say about a movie like A Wrinkle in Time. The backlash came pretty quickly as many noted that while a dash of diversity is certainly needed in that particular community, setting up slippery slopes for critics (especially white males) seemed poorly thought out. There's also the whole SJW air that Larsen has around her that seems to rub people the wrong way.

She's another limousine liberal who likes to lecture people much less fortunate than her on social issues that she never has to experience in her daily life. If I were to listen to those elitists' nauseating back patting, I probably wouldn't go see a single movie in theaters anymore, so I try to pay as less attention to it as I can. Her comments about white male critics are another example of the reeking Hollywood elitism that these people think they're something more than they actually are. If Larson wants to be some kind of social activist or whatever she tries to portray herself as, that's her choice, as long as she does well in her role that's really all that matters to me. The MCU/DCEU actors also take part in charities and visit sick kids in hospitals, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You're on to something. Actually you just ruined Ant-Man for me. I like that cast but now I cannot see past that.
    Sorry about that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sorry about that .
    I mention the topic and you get the blame. Score!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Already having grossed over $846 million worldwide, Aquaman heads into the weekend just behind Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873.6m) in terms of worldwide grosses and will become the largest worldwide hit among the six films in the DC Extended Universe by the end of the weekend. To that point, the film will have surpassed Justice League's entire domestic run after just 17 days come the end of this weekend as we're looking for the film to add another $26 million, pushing its domestic total over $250 million.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4472&p=.htm

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That's just insane (in a good way ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All of DC must now bow to the King of the Sea .