Page 952 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 45285290294294894995095195295395495595696210021052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it all boils down to WB once again trying to hop on the MCU bandwagon without putting in the work. Feels very BvS-like to me since BvS tried to force a shared universe on the audience without building it up first and here since their prior attempts to compete failed, they're going for the Multiverse concept too but without taking their time to build it up again. This is why they keep failing, they want instant gratification, they want to hop on the Marvel money train with another half-assed attempt when it doesn't work like that. There's a reason it took years for the MCU to turn into what the juggernaut it is today. The ultimate irony being that a lot of those concepts(alternate realities, all powerful alien war lord, etc) originated from DC, but the people in charge of their movie division have no idea how to build that universe coherently so they keep observing the competition and trying to replicate their success in attempt to make easy money, and instead of being actual competition they come off as second-rate competition instead.

I will always love the DCU no matter what, but WB has overall done a disgraceful job in trying to adapt it to screen. I still hope for The Flash and I think Black Adam will be fun, but the DCU deserves so much better than this.
    Pretty much.

Who is DCEU's Kevin Feige again?

Don't tell me it's Goeff Johns, there is no way he would have approved the WW84 script.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Don't tell me it's Goeff Johns, there is no way he would have approved the WW84 script.
    He co-wrote it.

It's Geoff Johns. Or at least he was for 5 minutes. He is currently just involved in the Stargirl and the upcoming GL shows.

Johns is a writer. He spent most of the 00's and 10's writing. Fiege is a producer. He was working behind the scenes on the early 00's movies like X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil and FF. Who do you think was going to be more qualified and experienced enough to spearhead a shared superhero universe. Fiege clearly learned from the mistakes of those older movies and knew what made them sink. He knew what not to do by the time he was working on the MCU. Johns still seems to be in the trial and error phase.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Pretty much.

Who is DCEU's Kevin Feige again?

I guess it’s Hamada but with the Discovery merge coming who knows if he’ll keep his job. Zaslov will be calling the overall shots after that, although who knows if it will actually result in any major shake ups.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Johns was put in charge of a runaway train going nowhere. He was not going to turn things around even if he had been more qualified for that position. That doesn't absolve him of any guilt from the JL reshoots fiasco, but he never really had the kind of power and control that Feige has, especially after Feige stopped answering to Perlmutter. Johns was essentially set up to fail which is why he ended up being the scapegoat for JL's failure. The fact that he's never given the kind of praise for Aquaman and Shazam the way he's always blamed for JL or to a lesser degree Suicide Squad, really says a lot I think.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Johns was put in charge of a runaway train going nowhere. He was not going to turn things around even if he had been more qualified for that position. That doesn't absolve him of any guilt from the JL reshoots fiasco, but he never really had the kind of power and control that Feige has, especially after Feige stopped answering to Perlmutter. Johns was essentially set up to fail which is why he ended up being the scapegoat for JL's failure. The fact that he's never given the kind of praise for Aquaman and Shazam the way he's always blamed for JL or to a lesser degree Suicide Squad, really says a lot I think.
    Agreed.

He was basically put there to be the studios mouthpiece. I'd say that they gave Snyder more control than what Geoff was given.

Snyder was meant to be the Feige for some odd reason which made no sense why he was even given all the keys to the kingdom when most of his movies failed and even MoS didnt do anything major for the character. WB is full of control freaks that just want box office and have no care for the story and thus they havent dedicated what they should to the DCEU. Get someone who oversees the entire thing, give them their own studio and truly in charge of building something .

It's just an anti-fandom at this point. Eternals was reviewed far worse than WW84 and Kevin Fiege said some questionable things about that films quality too, but, I'm gonna have to hear about WW84 script forever and Fiege remains an infallible Bismark-like character.

I think its sad that when MCU fans get a movie they really like, we get a wave of anti-DC posts telling me that the thing I like is bad, should be killed, and should never have existed. It is especially ironic too in this case, since Andrew Garfield's return as Spider-man has allowed people to gain a new found appreciation for his films and character, but for DC films? Nah, they're all irredeemable trash.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

DC never had a Kevin Feige figureand this idea it was Snyder is easily disproven. People only keep saying it was him to put all the blame for the films' problems on him, even in ones he had little to no involvement in.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC never had a Kevin Feige figureand this idea it was Snyder is easily disproven. People only keep saying it was him to put all the blame for the films' problems on him, even in ones he had little to no involvement in.
    He was the most Feige that they had even if he wasnt THE Feige for them. They allowed him to plot out 7 films (even if half of them didnt happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He was the most Feige that they had even if he wasnt THE Feige for them. They allowed him to plot out 7 films (even if half of them didnt happen).
    What seven films?

What seven films?
    MoS/BvS/JL/JL2/JL3/WW so 6 and who knows if they had him do any work on any of the cancelled films.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    MoS/BvS/JL/JL2/JL3/WW so 6 and who knows if they had him do any work on any of the cancelled films.
    So four films that got made and one of which he was only a writer among other writers. At best, we have speculation that he worked on any of the cancelled films and even Snyder himself stated he wasn't going to be involved in every single film.

So four films that got made and one of which he was only a writer among other writers. At best, we have speculation that he worked on any of the cancelled films and even Snyder himself stated he wasn't going to be involved in every single film.
    Like I clearly stated in my initial response "They allowed him to plot out 7 films (even if half of them didnt happen)"

They greenlit JL 2/3 and only canceled it because of how poor the BO was for BvS/JL. Lets not try to act like it doesnt change how much power they gave him initially. It's more than anyone else had gotten and set the tone for the universe before they wanted to shift it.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-19-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Kevin Feige does not write MCU movies, he does not direct MCU movies, he did not create the comic books upon which these films are adapted from. This is just a cult of personality, no different that Musk or Bezos stans at this point.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Kevin Feige does not write MCU movies, he does not direct MCU movies, he did not create the comic books upon which these films are adapted from. This is just a cult of personality, no different that Musk or Bezos stans at this point.
    I think it's fair to say though that Feige is definitely heavily involved in the creative process of the MCU and spearheading it, like a showrunner if not an exact showrunner.