Page 953 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 45385390394394995095195295395495595695796310031053 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's fair to say though that Feige is definitely heavily involved in the creative process of the MCU and spearheading it, like a showrunner if not an exact showrunner.
    I've seen more people praising Kevin Feige for Spiderman NWH than the director, writer or any of the staff though. I don't even know who the director is because no one talks about them. You can say he has some role in the creative process sure, but every success in the MCU gets attributed to him and him alone and conveniently, all of its failures get blamed on other people. It genuinely is a personality cult that has become a central tenant of MCU fandom.

Not to mention, there almost certainly is someone at DC that has a position similar to Keven Feige. We just don't know about them and I'm glad we don't. They'd just get harassed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

There isn't a Feige-equivalent for DC right now who knows the ins and outs of both film production and comics history. There probably isn't a second Feige actually.

But as Sony showed with the success of Into the Spider-Verse and the Venom films, a Feige isn't necessary if you just get talented folks for each project who know what works for the characters.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-19-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Like I clearly stated in my initial response "They allowed him to plot out 7 films (even if half of them didnt happen)"

They greenlit JL 2/3 and only canceled it because of how poor the BO was for BvS/JL. Lets not try to act like it doesnt change how much power they gave him initially. It's more than anyone else had gotten and set the tone for the universe before they wanted to shift it.
    Yeah I think the fairest analysis is that Snyder was planned to be the Feige, his fingerprints were all over the pitches we were getting for the other DC movies, everything was “dark, gritty, and realistic”. Flash was going to deal with racism and policing in America for example. Then BvS and SS flopped and Snyder lost all power. After that there was no Feige until Hamada took over I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I've seen more people praising Kevin Feige for Spiderman NWH than the director, writer or any of the staff though. I don't even know who the director is because no one talks about them. You can say he has some role in the creative process sure, but every success in the MCU gets attributed to him and him alone and conveniently, all of its failures get blamed on other people. It genuinely is a personality cult that has become a central tenant of MCU fandom.

Not to mention, there almost certainly is someone at DC that has a position similar to Keven Feige. We just don't know about them and I'm glad we don't. They'd just get harassed.
    He gets praise because he's the one consistent guy people see from behind-the-scenes. Hence why fans basically anointed him as Stan Lee's successor. Even though Fiege himself and everybody who works behind the scenes of Marvel has insisted that the MCU is a collaborative project involving a core team of producers (which Fiege is a part of) plus the individual writers, directors and actors working on these projects. Ultimately, we are fans and we don't work on these movie and simply have no knowledge on what goes into making them. It's simply human nature to try and attribute success to one single person or entity. Fiege himself would probably tell you that he is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it all boils down to WB once again trying to hop on the MCU bandwagon without putting in the work. Feels very BvS-like to me since BvS tried to force a shared universe on the audience without building it up first and here since their prior attempts to compete failed, they're going for the Multiverse concept too but without taking their time to build it up again. This is why they keep failing, they want instant gratification, they want to hop on the Marvel money train with another half-assed attempt when it doesn't work like that. There's a reason it took years for the MCU to turn into the juggernaut it is today. The ultimate irony being that a lot of those concepts(alternate realities, all powerful alien war lord, etc) originated from DC, but the people in charge of their movie division have no idea how to build that universe coherently so they keep observing the competition and trying to replicate their success in attempt to make easy money, and instead of being actual competition they come off as second-rate competition instead.

I will always love the DCU no matter what, but WB has overall done a disgraceful job in trying to adapt it to screen. I still hope for The Flash and I think Black Adam will be fun, but the DCU deserves so much better than this.
    I mean the recents Doctor Strange rumors only add fuel to the fire here. Flash will have to really stand out nect year.

Flash is going to get wrecked, that’s my prediction.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I havent seen that many who are exactly excited to have multiple Ezra Millers in 1 movie and he's the central character lol

WB are just parasites. And not even competent ones. They keep trying over and over again to take advantage of someone else's success but have no idea how to replicate it properly. They sit on a gold mine and not only don't know how to make a good profit from it, but they keep devaluing and destroying entire character brands in the process. It's sad.

But before I go too far with my sour grapes, I do think Black Adam has a chance to be really good and Blue Beetle is something I'm very curious about.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He gets praise because he's the one consistent guy people see from behind-the-scenes. Hence why fans basically anointed him as Stan Lee's successor. Even though Fiege himself and everybody who works behind the scenes of Marvel has insisted that the MCU is a collaborative project involving a core team of producers (which Fiege is a part of) plus the individual writers, directors and actors working on these projects. Ultimately, we are fans and we don't work on these movie and simply have no knowledge on what goes into making them. It's simply human nature to try and attribute success to one single person or entity. Fiege himself would probably tell you that he is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said, when people invoke Kevin Feige, they are referring to a mythological character known as Kevin Feige that does not exist (much like Homer). So when people say "DC needs a Kevin Fiege!", page after page after page, I get frustrated that people think a mythological character should serve as the blueprint for DC films. I'm going to admit it, on a thread on DC Films of all places, but I like DC films, enjoyed Suicide Squad immensely, looking forward to more films next year!

That said, I'm not saying he's entirely a figurehead. He still plays a part in green lighting projects, selecting the right creative team for each movie/show and giving them the resources and budget needed to bring the project to fruition, providing feedback on the script and keeping an eye out for what the fans want.

He's the face of the behind the scenes team and we know he plays a large part. Thats something that DC lacks.

Extraordinary Member

So the Wonder Woman and Shazam rumors ???
    Any truth? It doesn’t sound impossible, plus Shazam black Adam seems to be the only confirmed crossover continuos story line right now. It would behoove Gal to get in on that and recover the people faith in Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So the Wonder Woman and Shazam rumors ???
    Any truth? It doesn’t sound impossible, plus Shazam black Adam seems to be the only confirmed crossover continuos story line right now. It would behoove Gal to get in on that and recover the people faith in Wonder Woman.
    I dont believe them tbh. And even Shazam v Black Adam...I dont see it happening anytime soon? Rock is more concerned with facing off against Superman.

Gal doesnt have anything to lose with doing it or not doing it. WW3 is likely her last film as the character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He's the face of the behind the scenes team and we know he plays a large part. Thats something that DC lacks.
    I'd rather care about the director, writer and others who actually have an intimate role in the creation of the film. DC films doesn't need a Kevin Feige. Also, normies don't know who the heck Kevin Feige is, he's just a figure the die hard community latched onto as comic book Elon Musk.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Between Spider-Man No Way Home taking advantage of the Multiverse so well and Hawkeye making CW's Arrow look like the bargain basement Dark Knight knock-off it remained stuck as, Marvel Studios continues to make DC Films look like RC Cola.

And I say this as a DCU Uber-Fan.