Page 959 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995595695795895996096196296396910091059 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Why would it shock you for The Batman to make more overseas than Joker? They're playing to very similar audiences, people who don't like big flashy CGI filled superhero movies. The only difference is The Batman will be PG-13 enabling more kids and families to see it, a huge market Joker missed out on. It can get the older audience that doesn't usually see comic book movies Joker brought in since it's tone is similar and Pattinson and Reeves are respected among that crowd not to mention the credibility Nolan brought the franchise among more hardcore film fans.

So it will bring in families, kids and the casual adult movie fan who only sees big blockbusters since it's guaranteed to have more action and spectacle than Joker. I don't see a single area where Joker would have an edge tbh, every market he got Batman can get while bringing in other demos.
    I think Joker hit a chord and brought audiences that don’t really care about superheroes. 700+ million overseas is insane money and I believe if it was an action movie, it actually would have made less than that. Call it a hunch but that’s my current feeling. Only have to wait a few months to see if I’m wrong

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Unless Barry's mom was some kind of nexus being, how does saving his mom result in the Zod and Faora winning and Batfleck turning into Keaton Bats ?

My bet is on either:

-the decaoninze all the Snyder films + Whedon League. Then, have the first two Reeves movies, the two Keaton movies plus the WW, Aquaman and Shazam movies having all happened in the same timeline but spaced apart with Supergirl serving as the daughter/granddaughter of Reeves Superman.

-they kill off Bataffleck and Cavill Superman either 'disappears' or dies. So Keaton's Batman decides to step in because 'the world needs a Batman' and the new Supergirl decides to fill in for Superman.
    I think the first option is what’s going to happen. Rumors state BvS is getting outright erased from canon which presumably means neither JL cut will be canon either. Affleck is outright getting replaced by Keaton, and Cavill is still sort of a question mark but one I’m leaning towards “outright erased” on as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

They will erase BVS, the JL story probably will still exist but sans Affleck Batman and Cavill Superman.

Not sure what they will do with Superman. Either hard reboot or the Reeves Superman 1 and 2 movies existed on post clutter Earth.

Those Batman 3 and 4 movie's won't exist.

Well, at least time we're getting a Flashpoint to do its job rather than assuming a Wonder Woman movie would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    What do you expect the movie to look like, not a Batman movie? I don't understand that complaint, judging by the hype and positive reception to the trailers I think audiences are looking forward to it a lot. The 2nd trailer got 1m likes on YouTube in under a month with a very positive like to dislike ratio before YT removed the counter showing how many dislikes videos get.

Even if it is "just another Batman movie", he's Batman, it doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to bring people into theaters. Batman has set the opening weekend record in North America 4 times and the franchise has grossed over $1b 3 times, clearly people like his movies and it'll be 10 years since his last solo movie so if it's good it'll be a pretty big success.
    It's always possible for me to be wrong, but when I look at those trailers there's nothing we haven't seen before in a Batman movie. Every frame could'ce easily been from the Nolan trilogy. Something most superhero movies try to do is show how this next movie is new and somerhing you absolutely have to see. Even Marvel is constantly trying to show how this next entry will diverge from the last. I remember when the first Antman teaser came out and everyone was shocked by how generic it felt (the final product ended up being a little more creative).

I just can't picture all that many people rushing to the cinemas to see the same story they've seen half a dozen times with the same character and the same aesthetic. Look at Spider-man. Marvel has made a huge effort to make sure that each movie feels like a brand new story that shows you something new. The most I can see The Batman grossing is 850 million worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's always possible for me to be wrong, but when I look at those trailers there's nothing we haven't seen before in a Batman movie. Every frame could'ce easily been from the Nolan trilogy. Something most superhero movies try to do is show how this next movie is new and somerhing you absolutely have to see. Even Marvel is constantly trying to show how this next entry will diverge from the last. I remember when the first Antman teaser came out and everyone was shocked by how generic it felt (the final product ended up being a little more creative).

I just can't picture all that many people rushing to the cinemas to see the same story they've seen half a dozen times with the same character and the same aesthetic. Look at Spider-man. Marvel has made a huge effort to make sure that each movie feels like a brand new story that shows you something new. The most I can see The Batman grossing is 850 million worldwide.
    Yeah honestly that is why I am much more interested in Batgirl movie then I am of the Batman
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Unless Barry's mom was some kind of nexus being, how does saving his mom result in the Zod and Faora winning and Batfleck turning into Keaton Bats ?
    The same way doing so in the comics made Superman's rocket land in a crowded city: vague time-travel nonsense

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love Keaton, he's my #1 Batman but I am laughing that he is becoming the DCEU Batman at the age of 70. He isnt going to be playing the role that much longer and we'll already be right back at square one. They should've made a Batman Beyond film and have him play Old man Bruce. THAT would be PERFECT. But it's WB we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love Keaton, he's my #1 Batman but I am laughing that he is becoming the DCEU Batman at the age of 70. He isnt going to be playing the role that much longer and we'll already be right back at square one. They should've made a Batman Beyond film and have him play Old man Bruce. THAT would be PERFECT. But it's WB we're talking about.
    They’re doing Batgirl Beyond instead lol. WW, Supergirl, and Batgirl that’s our new Trinity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re doing Batgirl Beyond instead lol. WW, Supergirl, and Batgirl that’s our new Trinity.
    The future is female

Admittedly it's been a thing since DC Superhero Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Legends was pretty solid too. There's also Invasion!, and I'm not sure how stuff like "Our Worlds' at War" was received back in the day.
    Those are great, along with Cosmic Odyssey, Great Darkness Saga etc...

But how many people knows about those? Even self-proclaimed "hardcore" DC fans you see on youtube or facebook doesn't know a thing about those stories.

With Marvel for some reason their stuff is more accessible to the casual reader.

If people get excited about Keaton being in this Flash movie then great. I don’t think they should be reaching that far back for anything. Bale is old Batman to me. I’ve seen some of the Keaton Batman & it’s decent but I don’t actually remember anything about it. Thus sounds like a major nostalgia trip to me. I’m ok with that but Keaton is pretty far back. If they try to tie anything into the goofy 80’s Superman movies then I’m definitely out. Lol! No place for that stuff in a modern film.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Those are great, along with Cosmic Odyssey, Great Darkness Saga etc...

But how many people knows about those? Even self-proclaimed "hardcore" DC fans you see on youtube or facebook doesn't know a thing about those stories.

With Marvel for some reason their stuff is more accessible to the casual reader.
    Part of it is the effect of other media because you had the 90's X-Men cartoon adapting stuff like Dark Phoenix or how we had the MCU basically all build up to the Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

YJ and the Arrowverse both did their own take on Invasion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    If people get excited about Keaton being in this Flash movie then great. I don’t think they should be reaching that far back for anything. Bale is old Batman to me. I’ve seen some of the Keaton Batman & it’s decent but I don’t actually remember anything about it. Thus sounds like a major nostalgia trip to me. I’m ok with that but Keaton is pretty far back. If they try to tie anything into the goofy 80’s Superman movies then I’m definitely out. Lol! No place for that stuff in a modern film.
    Nolstalgia trips are on the market all around now (No Way Home, Ghostbusters Afterlife).

Even if the material is different I'd say there are plenty of modern Superhero films that have a similar tone and vibe to the Reeves films. Although I get a very distinct vibe from Sasha Calle's Supergirl so I wouldn't expect her to emulate that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The first option seems way too confusing for casual audiences, making up a new connected timeline that was never experienced in any meaningful way. The latter seems more likely.
    It retroactively allows them to have a cinematic universe and build off of that then trying to start one from scratch again.

Of course, it's WB they would rather milk established success than take a risk with less established characters and properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think Keaton stepping in after Batfleck dies/gets erased from history is precisely what's gonna happen. And then Batgirl will deal with him training a replacement or something.
    That would be a simpler option.

I think the first option is what’s going to happen. Rumors state BvS is getting outright erased from canon which presumably means neither JL cut will be canon either. Affleck is outright getting replaced by Keaton, and Cavill is still sort of a question mark but one I’m leaning towards “outright erased” on as well.
    They might leave some room for Cavill to come back. It's weird how Cavill sounds eager to come back. It just sounds like WB isn't willing to pay him the money he wants.

lol. WB logic.

"Oh we need to reach more demographics than what the classic Superman/Batman would reach? Gender swap Superman and Batman. Want to reach even further and make a statement? Black Superman/Clark Kent!"

Whatever happens they are not moving away from Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    They've brought Brandon Routh back in the CW COIE to play the same Superman but now transformed into KC Superman. Probably one of the few watchable parts of Crisis. If they're going to replace Cavill with anyone, he's the best option.