Page 961 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 46186191195195795895996096196296396496597110111061 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,415 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They might leave some room for Cavill to come back. It's weird how Cavill sounds eager to come back. It just sounds like WB isn't willing to pay him the money he wants.
    Maybe, rumors state that MoS will carry over to the new continuity, but BvS and JL won’t. Best I can see Cavill getting is a supporting role in Supergirl and even that is incredibly unlikely at this juncture. Right now I think he’s going to be dropped same as Routh was, dude screwed himself out of the role by not agreeing to do cameos.
    lol. WB logic.

"Oh we need to reach more demographics than what the classic Superman/Batman would reach? Gender swap Superman and Batman. Want to reach even further and make a statement? Black Superman/Clark Kent!"

Whatever happens they are not moving away from Superman and Batman.
    If WB thinks they can just swap Batman and Superman out for Batgirl and Supergirl, they’re delusional to say the least. You’re never getting a JL movie that makes Avengers level money without those two. Hell who knows if WW will be usable either, maybe Gal will be done completely after WW3.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Routh is pretty much a TV actor now.
    He’s been that since Superman Returns, but I’m not envisioning him as a lead of a solo or whatever. He could do what WB wanted Cavill to do and what Keaton is doing: cameo in other peoples movies. Could even be the guy Black Adam beats up. Not saying I want this I’m just shocked WB seemingly didn’t even consider it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

WB should worry than anything about the script.
    Find some people who can write a compelling story.
    Then pay attention to the details, with a good movie.

But I don't think that will happen.
    We need to face the reality of the DCEU.
    Even at its worse they have been cash generators.
    I think that is what the WB cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Views are an unreliable source since I remember Detective Pikachu had a crazy amount of views but despite being a modest success, you'd think it'd be a billion dollar movie based on trailer views. That said I do think there is actually a lot of anticipation for the movie but it'll come down to reviews to carry it over the billion dollar mark imo. I could see it being a Homecoming type deal where it is around 850 million and then future movies in the series go past a billion
    The like ratio is what you pay attention to. Very few trailers get past the 1 million mark, The Batman has a already done that, twice. That signifies that there will be hype/interest when it releases
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Alright I’m just doing a head count for accuracy so we got the following in the works just on movies alone in the DCEU (I’m not counting the Batman or the upcoming Peacekeeper show).

1. Black Adam
    2. Shazam 2
    3. The Flash
    4. Aquaman 2
    5. Wonder Woman 3
    6. Batgirl
    7. Blue Beetle
    8. Black Canary (it appears to be the same character from Harley)

Not sure if I should count Static or Zatanna just yet
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The like ratio is what you pay attention to. Very few trailers get past the 1 million mark, The Batman has a already done that, twice. That signifies that there will be hype/interest when it releases
    A quick look at Detective Pikachu shows me that it met this particular criteria so I don't know if that's enough. I guess likes work for smash hits since films like NWH are close to 3M likes and Endgame passed that mark but I think 1M itself is not enough to really say much

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps all the bat spin-off movies should be hbomax exclusive
    Batgirl Nightwing redhood,

Only Patterson Batman remain theater exclusive

I'm not sure why the Batman box office thing is even a discussion. It's Batman. Dude prints money. Unless the movie itself is another divisive piece that causes a huge box office drop after the first weekend (which I doubt will happen given Reeves' track record), it'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm not sure why the Batman box office thing is even a discussion. It's Batman. Dude prints money. Unless the movie itself is another divisive piece that causes a huge box office drop after the first weekend (which I doubt will happen given Reeves' track record), it'll do fine.
    I'm not implying that it will be a flop, I'm saying that it won't do anything near 1 billion

A quick look at Detective Pikachu shows me that it met this particular criteria so I don't know if that's enough. I guess likes work for smash hits since films like NWH are close to 3M likes and Endgame passed that mark but I think 1M itself is not enough to really say much
    Big difference between Batman and Pokemon at the box office, Batman is a proven box office draw with 2 $1b movies under his belt and over $6b overall. Pokemon has never done that. And it's not only that the trailer got 1m likes, it's that it got them in 3 weeks. The teaser which came out a year before the 1st trailer took a whole year to reach that many likes. It shows that there's growing interest that the following trailer flew by that metric so quickly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael Shannon and Antje Traue among The Flash cast as hinted some time ago.
    Batman v. Superman 2 is going to be the best Flash movie of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Big difference between Batman and Pokemon at the box office, Batman is a proven box office draw with 2 $1b movies under his belt and over $6b overall. Pokemon has never done that. And it's not only that the trailer got 1m likes, it's that it got them in 3 weeks. The teaser which came out a year before the 1st trailer took a whole year to reach that many likes. It shows that there's growing interest that the following trailer flew by that metric so quickly.
    Yeah Nolan's Batman is a proven draw. TDK was a cultural phenomenon and would have grossed at least 1.3 billion today and its sequel was similarly hugely successful but I don't think a billion is guaranteed just because a different film from a different series was a big hit.

Yeah Nolan's Batman is a proven draw. TDK was a cultural phenomenon and would have grossed at least 1.3 billion today and its sequel was similarly hugely successful but I don't think a billion is guaranteed just because a different film from a different series was a big hit.
    So the $1b is specifically credited to Nolan's Batman and not the character in general? Damn, you guys really underestimate just how popular Batman is. What $1b movies has Nolan had prior to or after his work on Batman? None, not even when working with one of the last drew draws in Hollywood in Leonardo DiCaprio on Inception. Batman clearly boosted Nolan's popularity more than vice versa.

No one said anything is guaranteed but if he has consistently done well at the box office before Nolan, why doubt him now? He set the opening weekend record in North America in 1989, '92 and '95, all well before Nolan ever came along. You talk as if he's Iron Man who was a B-lister at best before RDJ and can't survive without Nolan/Bale. Joker did great with no Heath or Nolan and it isn't impossible to think Batman could do the same if people really like the movie.

So the $1b is specifically credited to Nolan's Batman and not the character in general? Damn, you guys really underestimate just how popular Batman is. What $1b movies has Nolan had prior to or after his work on Batman? None, not even when working with one of the last drew draws in Hollywood in Leonardo DiCaprio on Inception. Batman clearly boosted Nolan's popularity more than vice versa.

No one said anything is guaranteed but if he has consistently done well at the box office before Nolan, why doubt him now? He set the opening weekend record in North America in 1989, '92 and '95, all well before Nolan ever came along. You talk as if he's Iron Man who was a B-lister at best before RDJ and can't survive without Nolan/Bale. Joker did great with no Heath or Nolan and it isn't impossible to think Batman could do the same if people really like the movie.
    I think TDK specifically hit a chord that caused those movies to do really well and 1 billion isn't guaranteed. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it isn't a lock.

Feels like we are about to enter a Tom Brady and Bill Belichick debate
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Feels like we are about to enter a Tom Brady and Bill Belichick debate
    Lol not a bad point, but just like those 2 the Batman franchise has been successful before and after Nolan. Brady obviously has done pretty well in Tampa Bay away from Bill and Bill has the Patriots #1 in the AFC East with no Brady. Nolan no doubt helped Batman recover from Batman & Robin, I'd never deny that but the franchise has been huge before he came along. He'll be just fine with out Christopher Nolan.