Page 966 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696296396496596696796896997097610161066 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 20948

That said, I do think Nolan's Batman was arguably the most popular version of the character so I think that's a big part of the appeal for this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    and Black Adam (in spite of the very dumb idea of introducing the JSA which will fuck up the whole timeline of the DCEU and gobble up screen time Adam would need more than those characters a very little demographic cares about).
    Beyond there being a very distinct possibility Flash winds up altering the timeline anyway, I don't see the big deal of retroactively inserting the JSA into the timeline. Like, let's be real here. Nobody but the most hardcore Snyder acolytes are gonna be upset that having superheroes before Superman potentially messes with the continuity of Man of Steel. It'll have been 9 years since that movie was even out when Black Adam releases; I doubt most of the audience would have such a devoted memory to it that they'll be shouting "Hey wait a minute!" in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Beyond there being a very distinct possibility Flash winds up altering the timeline anyway, I don't see the big deal of retroactively inserting the JSA into the timeline. Like, let's be real here. Nobody but the most hardcore Snyder acolytes are gonna be upset that having superheroes before Superman potentially messes with the continuity of Man of Steel. It'll have been 9 years since that movie was even out when Black Adam releases; I doubt most of the audience would have such a devoted memory to it that they'll be shouting "Hey wait a minute!" in theaters.
    It's still incredibly dumb because it jeopardize the whole thing if supers were that in the open since so long ago. Why didn't Wonder Woman join them during WW2 for instance ?

It's still incredibly dumb because it jeopardize the whole thing if supers were that in the open since so long ago. Why didn't Wonder Woman join them during WW2 for instance ?
    How though? It only jeopardizes the whole thing if you're super invested in maintaining the canon laid out in the early films, which were very divisive and quite a few years ago now. Even with the Wonder Woman example, we already had that when Patty Jenkins decided to directly contradict BVS' assertion that Diana turned her back on mankind after WW1. Nobody cared because the first Wonder Woman movie was really good and people liked it.

At the end of the day, that's it. If people come away from Black Adam liking the JSA, nobody is going to be complaining about how their backstory potentially clashes with what was laid out in a movie 9 years ago that they might not even remember in great detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How though? It only jeopardizes the whole thing if you're super invested in maintaining the canon laid out in the early films, which were very divisive and quite a few years ago now. Even with the Wonder Woman example, we already had that when Patty Jenkins decided to directly contradict BVS' assertion that Diana turned her back on mankind after WW1. Nobody cared because the first Wonder Woman movie was really good and people liked it.

At the end of the day, that's it. If people come away from Black Adam liking the JSA, nobody is going to be complaining about how their backstory potentially clashes with what was laid out in a movie 9 years ago that they might not even remember in great detail.
    Here's hoping .

Only Snyder stans care about preserving Snyder’s canon. Rumors have said they’re outright tossing everything Snyder directed bar MoS and SS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

What is the WORST they could do? They haven't made DC in making a Cyborg movie starring Ray Fisher.

The last Suicide Squad movie was not denounced by the director that they demand him to do.

So why worry about them when the public made it clear they were NOT interested in that direction?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

DC movies are just like DC comics. They dont care about continuity. Everything happened.

For all its praise, the Snydercut contradicts WW/Aquaman films. No one cared about what was going to happen in any of them. In JL, Atlanna ditches Arthur at his fathers doorstep and disappears. In Aquaman, the opposite happened and he doesnt hold that big of a grudge against her. Mera is British in one, no accent in the other.

Let the Black Adam flow into the Promised Land of JSA.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Because Aquaman was bombastic, larger than life and had engaging characters - both protagonists and antagonists. They weren't the deepest (eh) sure, but it worked because it was what was the zeitgeist of the time. I'm not even sure Aquaman 2 will manage the same success honestly.

Finally, I fail to see how "some smucks on YT comments'" are an argument. i'm pretty sure if you found out the MoS or BvS youtube trailer and looked at the comments at the time of reelase, you'd mostly see positive reviews.

And i'd argue that, yes, in movie terms, Jurassic Parc is a larger franchise than Batman. Bat's has obviously a far larger overreach in general pop-culture, but JP's dinos are up here with Star Wars in term of cinematic iconography.

Also, I love how you've entirely sidestepped my whole arguments about your examples all being bad.

Ps : if anybody nows how to compare how fast two videos on YT got views, i'd love to compared the BvS and The Batman trailer, just to see if there is indeed more hype or less about the latter.
    Shazam had better reviews and just as likable and engaging characters, it made about $800m less than Aquaman. It's special effects were its biggest selling point, none of the characters became as instantly popular and iconic as recent comic book movie characters like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, Tom Holland's Spider-Man, etc. Just like Avatar the effects more so than the plot or characters was the big draw. Mamoa's Aquaman was liked well enough but what transcendent line or scene did he have that people still talk about 3 years later?

"Smucks on YouTube?" *crickets* YouTube is famous for the extremely negative reactions it attracts, ever hear of the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot? That didn't get praise by any means so not sure why you're downplaying the positive response The Batman has gotten there. As if every movie gets it. This isn't about views, it's about reception. If 1b people view a video but 90% of them go to the comments to say it sucks that's not a good thing. The Batman is receiving by far extremely positive reactions so nice try.

The Jurassic Park franchise has made $9.3b in revenue vs Batman's $27.7b, they're not even in the same ballpark, I haven't sidestepped any of your arguments because they're the easiest of softballs. The hell are you talking about sidestepping? The latest Batman trailer was dropped unannounced today and immediately began trending worldwide, for a movie you think looks boring it sure does gather a lot of excitement each time a new trailer is released.

I noticed a huge double standard on here, with Batman and Batman alone movies in the usual tone are boring and old and everyone wants a new *cough* lighter *cough* tone. When Superman got a different approach from Zack Snyder everyone predictably cried about it. But why is that? If Batman always being dark is tired why is Superman in a different tone bad? Why was it "Superman isn't Batman!" when he's put in a somber movie but vice versa is ok? Will we hear "Batman isn't Superman!" when he's inevitably rebooted into a sunnier more optimistic movie? I won't hold my breath on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only Snyder stans care about preserving Snyder’s canon. Rumors have said they’re outright tossing everything Snyder directed bar MoS and SS.
    Snyder didn't direct SS.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-27-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Snyder didn't direct SS.
    I know. Did you really need to do a “gotcha” over that? “Rumors state they’re tossing everything from the era where Snyder had the reigns bar MoS, SS, and WW”. There now it’s more accurate. And yes I know you might dispute whether Snyder ever “held the reigns” or not but clearly I’m taking about the time period when he was planning to do his films and everyone else were planning to make dark movies that tried to line up with what he was doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I know. Did you really need to do a “gotcha” over that? “Rumors state they’re tossing everything from the era where Snyder had the reigns bar MoS, SS, and WW”. There now it’s more accurate. And yes I know you might dispute whether Snyder ever “held the reigns” or not but clearly I’m taking about the time period when he was planning to do his films and everyone else were planning to make dark movies that tried to line up with what he was doing.
    I'm only responding to what you wrote. Never mind how the claim everyone wanted to do dark movies to line up with what he did is easily disproven by two of those films you mentioned and Snyder himself repeatedly saying that not all movies were going to follow the same tone as his even before BvS came out.

A major issue in this thread and any other place DC films are discussed is misinformation being spread for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm only responding to what you wrote. Never mind how the claim everyone wanted to do dark movies to line up with what he did is easily disproven by two of those films you mentioned and Snyder himself repeatedly saying that not all movies were going to follow the same tone as his even before BvS came out.
    You’re picking at my posts to be pedantic. Whatever I’m not getting into this with you again. If what the rumors are saying is true it’s all a moot point anyway on whether the Flash breaks the continuity of the Snyder films because The Flash will apparently dramatically change the continuity so that BvS and JL are tossed out entirely, MoS gets altered so Superman doesn’t kill Zod (and may outright replace Supes with Supergirl), and SS is either kept as is or Waller forming it in response to Superman is tossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post

I noticed a huge double standard on here, with Batman and Batman alone movies in the usual tone are boring and old and everyone wants a new *cough* lighter *cough* tone. When Superman got a different approach from Zack Snyder everyone predictably cried about it. But why is that? If Batman always being dark is tired why is Superman in a different tone bad? Why was it "Superman isn't Batman!" when he's put in a somber movie but vice versa is ok? Will we hear "Batman isn't Superman!" when he's inevitably rebooted into a sunnier more optimistic movie? I won't hold my breath on that one.
    Because it's not even just the tone. We already saw the same story on screen, it's called The Dark Knight trilogy. And how come when a Batman movie is made it always had to be realitic and none of his villain can have their more comic-book accurate designs or personalities ? Are Hollywood writers so bad that they can't make a dark and tragic story about Batman dealing with Freeze or Clayface, or Killer Croc ? Why do they feel the need to rehash again and again and again his start as a hero ? At least BvS offered us a seasoned and tired Batman, which was quite different from the Nolan trilogy (where he was just Bond in a Bat costume) and there was a lot of potential here for great stories never seen on-screen.

And also, we get it, you're hyped for this movie somehow. Stop being overdramatic when peoples tell you it's nothing special so far, neither in the trailers nor the story being hinted at.

There is nothing for me to be hyped about that movie which has an unconvincing actor in the main role who doesn't sell me that he is Bruce nor Batman, a relationship that I know hate thanks to TOm King (Bat/Cat is the worst and should be excised from all future Batman developments for me) and frankly, nothing spectacular happening on-screen in the trailers.
    Last edited by Korath; 12-28-2021 at 12:59 AM.