Page 967 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 46786791795796396496596696796896997097197710171067 ... LastLast
Results 14,491 to 14,505 of 20948

It’s been 8 years and we’re still going with the argument that MOS and BVS were reviewed poorly because they were dark and not perhaps because a lot of people might’ve thought they had legitimate flaws, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because it's not even just the tone. We already saw the same story on screen, it's called The Dark Knight trilogy. And how come when a Batman movie is made it always had to be realitic and none of his villain can have their more comic-book accurate designs or personalities ? Are Hollywood writers so bad that they can't make a dark and tragic story about Batman dealing with Freeze or Clayface, or Killer Croc ? Why do they feel the need to rehash again and again and again his start as a hero ? At least BvS offered us a seasoned and tired Batman, which was quite different from the Nolan trilogy (where he was just Bond in a Bat costume) and there was a lot of potential here for great stories never seen on-screen.
    There’s been precisely one Batman movie with the Riddler before and the tone could not possibly be more different from this one’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It’s been 8 years and we’re still going with the argument that MOS and BVS were reviewed poorly because they were dark and not perhaps because a lot of people might’ve thought they had legitimate flaws, I see.

There’s been precisely one Batman movie with the Riddler before and the tone could not possibly be more different from this one’s.
    Let's not pretend that Jim Carey's charisma didn't save that one movie.

Meanwhile none of the actors in the trailers have that charisma, especially the main character. And the fight scenes are almost as stiff as in TDK trilogy and Reeves has to use very artificial ways around that (like the flares of the guns in the october trailer).

Really, the more I look at the trailers, the less hyped I am because there are a lot of flaws here. But, realistic and dark and gritty and not like other superhero movies is so great apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

It's not like the tone isn't frequently sited as a criticism by people who hated those films.

Then again, I wonder why we're still discussing those films at all. It's not like anything new is being said.

Meanwhile none of the actors in the trailers have that charisma, especially the main character. And the fight scenes are almost as stiff as in TDK trilogy and Reeves has to use very artificial ways around that (like the flares of the guns in the october trailer).

Really, the more I look at the trailers, the less hyped I am because there are a lot of flaws here. But, realistic and dark and gritty and not like other superhero movies is so great apparently.
    You're throwing a tantrum because people are looking forward to a movie you aren't, don't wanna talk about the movie that's fine, there's the door you don't have to discuss something you don't want to. Being childish and petty because people dare express excitement over a movie you aren't looking forward to is a terrible look, stop it. Nobody said "DArk MovieZ arE BeTEr!11!" you're putting words in people's mouths. If anything you're coming off as the one with the elitist gatekeeping attitude. How dare a superhero movie not be all sunshine, rainbows and quips, the nerve!

You're being overdramatic as hell for no season would you prefer an echo chamber where everyone pledges allegiance to your anti dark superhero movies crusade? Should we all just monotonously agree The Batman looks like the worst movie ever to appease you? Is that what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    You're throwing a tantrum because people are looking forward to a movie you aren't, don't wanna talk about the movie that's fine, there's the door you don't have to discuss something you don't want to. Being childish and petty because people dare express excitement over a movie you aren't looking forward to is a terrible look, stop it. Nobody said "DArk MovieZ arE BeTEr!11!" you're putting words in people's mouths. If anything you're coming off as the one with the elitist gatekeeping attitude. How dare a superhero movie not be all sunshine, rainbows and quips, the nerve!

You're being overdramatic as hell for no season would you prefer an echo chamber where everyone pledges allegiance to your anti dark superhero movies crusade? Should we all just monotonously agree The Batman looks like the worst movie ever to appease you? Is that what you want?
    Yeah, sure, as a BvS fan, it's clearly the darkness which bothers me here...

Astonishing Member

Are Hollywood writers so bad that they can't make a dark and tragic story about Batman dealing with Freeze or Clayface, or Killer Croc ?
    Well, Freeze is rumored for sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I have so far zero confidence in Reeves doing him jstice sadly. He'll just be some generic villain with a freeze gun probably.

Yeah, sure, as a BvS fan, it's clearly the darkness which bothers me here...
    I don't care what you're a fan of, drop the condescending attitude, you're going on a rampage because this movie isn't the second coming of the Adam West series. Who gets mad because other people enjoy something they don't? You sarcastically said "But, realistic and dark and gritty and not like other superhero movies is so great apparently" when a grand total of zero people said anything remotely close to that. If anything the opposite is true where most posters like Alpha, Frontier, The Kid and others have complained about the movie looking like the same old thing.

The darkness clearly does bother you or you wouldn't instantly compare it to the Nolan trilogy in a negative way simply because they have dark tones. And telling me to stop taking it personally when you are throwing a fit over me looking forward to the movie is peak irony. I never told anyone they had to be excited for the movie too, unlike you I don't care. I'm just telling people their personal opinion on the trailers doesn't speak for the casual audience. You don't think the trailers look good, you're clearly in the minority in feeling that way. And if that bothers you that's just too bad.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I don't care what you're a fan of, drop the condescending attitude, you're going on a rampage because this movie isn't the second coming of the Adam West series.
    In all seriousness, other than to torpedo Batman for good, does anybody here really want something like the old TV show on the big screen?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    In all seriousness, other than to torpedo Batman for good, does anybody here really want something like the old TV show on the big screen?
    I don't think they do but I've been very wrong on what people here want in the past so I can't say with 100% certainty.

I don't care what you're a fan of, drop the condescending attitude, you're going on a rampage because this movie isn't the second coming of the Adam West series. Who gets mad because other people enjoy something they don't? You sarcastically said "But, realistic and dark and gritty and not like other superhero movies is so great apparently" when a grand total of zero people said anything remotely close to that. If anything the opposite is true where most posters like Alpha, Frontier, The Kid and others have complained about the movie looking like the same old thing.

The darkness clearly does bother you or you wouldn't instantly compare it to the Nolan trilogy in a negative way simply because they have dark tones. And telling me to stop taking it personally when you are throwing a fit over me looking forward to the movie is peak irony. I never told anyone they had to be excited for the movie too, unlike you I don't care. I'm just telling people their personal opinion on the trailers doesn't speak for the casual audience. You don't think the trailers look good, you're clearly in the minority in feeling that way. And if that bothers you that's just too bad.
    I don't want Adam West movies, thank you very much.

I'm just saying that this movie, like Nolan's, won't be a real Batman movie, but more of a generic thriller/actioner being dressed as Batman, with unconvincing trailers but that peoples somehow seems to eat it up for reasons I can't understand and are clearly not related to Batman or its universe, wbecause so far this movie's really basic : evil baddy want some form of justice because corrupt state or society and troubled protagonist needs to let go of his impetuous and ultra-violent tendencies to stop him for good. That's not new. That's not even new for Batman movies sadly.

But at least they didn't went the easy road of "It's Joker all over again!" which is definitively a good point. They are seemingly butchering the Riddler to make him fit in Hollywood's little box of "evil anarchist unhappy with society" but it's a more intruiguing proposition that "It's the Joker".

I'm just saying that this movie, like Nolan's, won't be a real Batman movie, but more of a generic thriller/actioner being dressed as Batman, with unconvincing trailers but that peoples somehow seems to eat it up for reasons I can't understand and are clearly not related to Batman or its universe, wbecause so far this movie's really basic : evil baddy want some form of justice because corrupt state or society and troubled protagonist needs to let go of his impetuous and ultra-violent tendencies to stop him for good. That's not new. That's not even new for Batman movies sadly.

But at least they didn't went the easy road of "It's Joker all over again!" which is definitively a good point. They are seemingly butchering the Riddler to make him fit in Hollywood's little box of "evil anarchist unhappy with society" but it's a more intruiguing proposition that "It's the Joker".
    Lemme guess...

Someone who posts here can tell me what a real "Batman" film should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme guess...

Someone who posts here can tell me what a real "Batman" film should look like.
    Not like any other action film but with a guy dressed in a Bat would be a good start.

I've read that "it's great, he went to Liverpool so his Gotham looks more real!" and that's sum up my problems with this movie : Reeves doesn't want to make a comic-book movie. He doesn't want a super-hero movie. He wants that sweet "realistic" (whatever it may mean) acclaim, he wants Scorcese to say "that's a real movie".

In doing so, I wonder, why does he wants to make this movie with Batman and his world then ? Gotham isn't a real city. It's basically a metropolis where the Gilded Age never end, a strange and improbable mixture of medieval imagery and New-York darkest eras. It is larger than life, a character unto itself, which defines Batman and even explains why it exists. In a realistic city, Batman doesn't make sense. Nor does his rogue gallery.

Burton understood it, even if he focused too much on the "monster" element of Gotham in retrospect, but ever since Nolan, everyone seems to want a realistic Gotham. As if it didn't made Bruce an absolutely horrible character.

Nothing about Reeves Gotham looks realistic. Most people who saw the trailer compared it's Gotham to Blade Runner. All indications point to the movie being a dark noir fantasy movie with a tinge of horror and a Batman whose on the cusp of becoming the villains he fights against.

And I have to say the latest Bat Cat trailer got me intrigued more so than the previous ones. Zoe Kravitz certainly acts like a comic accurate Catwoman and Batman looks like he has more layers than 'angry punch man'. It looks like they're drawing inspiration from the Telltale Batman series where Bruce Wayne discovers that his parents gained their fortune through illicit means.

Because it's not even just the tone. We already saw the same story on screen, it's called The Dark Knight trilogy. And how come when a Batman movie is made it always had to be realitic and none of his villain can have their more comic-book accurate designs or personalities ? Are Hollywood writers so bad that they can't make a dark and tragic story about Batman dealing with Freeze or Clayface, or Killer Croc ? Why do they feel the need to rehash again and again and again his start as a hero ? At least BvS offered us a seasoned and tired Batman, which was quite different from the Nolan trilogy (where he was just Bond in a Bat costume) and there was a lot of potential here for great stories never seen on-screen.

And also, we get it, you're hyped for this movie somehow. Stop being overdramatic when peoples tell you it's nothing special so far, neither in the trailers nor the story being hinted at.

There is nothing for me to be hyped about that movie which has an unconvincing actor in the main role who doesn't sell me that he is Bruce nor Batman, a relationship that I know hate thanks to TOm King (Bat/Cat is the worst and should be excised from all future Batman developments for me) and frankly, nothing spectacular happening on-screen in the trailers.
    I guess it 's because they think that's what people still want out of a cinematic Batman.

Pattinson seems fine to me though.

Zoe Kravitz doesn't have charisma?

Selina definitely seems to be moving more than you'd expect from someone in a Nolan movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Either him or Barry Keoghan's Joker.

I'm not digging their take on Riddler either but I don't see what discredits this movie from being a Batman movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nothing about Reeves Gotham looks realistic. Most people who saw the trailer compared it's Gotham to Blade Runner. All indications point to the movie being a dark noir fantasy movie with a tinge of horror and a Batman whose on the cusp of becoming the villains he fights against.
    There is definitely nothing realistic about that Batmobile sequence of the amount of bullets this Batsuit can seemingly tank here.
    And I have to say the latest Bat Cat trailer got me intrigued more so than the previous ones. Zoe Kravitz certainly acts like a comic accurate Catwoman and Batman looks like he has more layers than 'angry punch man'. It looks like they're drawing inspiration from the Telltale Batman series where Bruce Wayne discovers that his parents gained their fortune through illicit means.
    That scene of them fighting Riddler's men reminded me of that scene of them fighting the Children of Arkham.