Page 971 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 47187192196196796896997097197297397497598110211071 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,565 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    what were they suppose to do?
    Maybe take a moment and examine what did that JSA movie let alone Black Panther, Cap Marvel & Aquaman do that Justice League did NOT. Along with looking at what Into the Spiderverse and even Venom and Deadpool did that JL did not.

All these icons and Cyborg and a guy in a catsuit and Michael B Jordan-who was almost run out of Hollywood over Fantastic Four, a movie with a HATE movement after Brie Larson and the guy from Baywatch account for 3 billion not the film with 5 folks who account for 90% of DC books and tv shows.

And then to have a collection of old FOSSILS in JSA that has NOT had a book in 12 years get a movie and outperform those Icons and Cyborg?

There would be some heads rolling.

I would offer this challenge-what if Static's movie does better then JL? That would be a bigger finger at DC than anything at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Most of the movie Eisenberg was pretty bad but at the end of the movie with his head shaved and in a business suit he looked more like Lex.

Unless Farrell wears a suit top hat and monocle, uses an umbrella weapon, and shrinks 5 inches, I would say he doesn’t look more like the traditional Penguin than Eisenberg looked like Lex.
    He never sounded like Lex however, least not to me. Eisenberg is great at playing losers, both as heroes (Zombieland) and as villains (Zuckerberg in TSN). But he’s a charismatic black hole which is the opposite of Lex and the Jesus motive to hate Supes + the tittering and wacky gesticulating to show how CUHRAZY he is were awful.

In contrast Farrell’s Penguin seems totally recognizable as Penguin. He’s cocky but also a coward at heart from what we’ve seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were definitely banking on GL being an Iron Man-like hit, even though that's definitely not what happened.
    GL was their attempt at copying the MCU “the right way”: take a B-Lister and make an action-comedy movie with them as the star and build up a shared universe that way. They even considered having Superman cameo in it at the end (and did end up having Waller show up iirc). But they failed at that as badly as they failed at trying to make a shared universe their own way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He never sounded like Lex however, least not to me. Eisenberg is great at playing losers, both as heroes (Zombieland) and as villains (Zuckerberg in TSN). But he’s a charismatic black hole which is the opposite of Lex and the Jesus motive to hate Supes + the tittering and wacky gesticulating to show how CUHRAZY he is were awful.

In contrast Farrell’s Penguin seems totally recognizable as Penguin. He’s cocky but also a coward at heart from what we’ve seen.
    Who would've expected Jon Cryer would deliver a better Luthor than Jesse Eisenberg?
    GL was their attempt at copying the MCU “the right way”: take a B-Lister and make an action-comedy movie with them as the star and build up a shared universe that way. They even considered having Superman cameo in it at the end (and did end up having Waller show up iirc). But they failed at that as badly as they failed at trying to make a shared universe their own way.
    DC set themselves up big only to drop the ball...it happens too often, sadly.

Imagine another universe where Green Lantern was a big hit and Hal Jordan would be the lynchpin of the DC Cinematic Universe eclipsing Batman and Superman in importance while becoming an extremely popular character throughout the world

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Imagine another universe where Green Lantern was a big hit and Hal Jordan would be the lynchpin of the DC Cinematic Universe eclipsing Batman and Superman in importance while becoming an extremely popular character throughout the world
    They just had to use an angry cloud as the villain.

At the very least if the movie hadn’t been a flop, Hal would’ve absolutely been the “fourth pillar” at DC instead of Harley. Snyder would’ve likely gotten the boot after MoS, and we might not be in our current predicament.
    So stupid. Why didn’t they just do a movie about Hal teaming up with Sinestro to fulfill Abin’s last mission of tracking down Atrocitus like Secret Origin? Ah what could have been.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Right now, the 'Iron Man' of DCU is the CW Oliver Queen since his shows popularity is what lead to the Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning happening.

I want the alternate universe where they made a sequel to Superman Returns with Brandon Routh in a different costume, a more engaging story and a new Lois Lane.

It kind of shows how well the Marvel Studios machine works that they got a pass for doing that to Dormammu in Dr. Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Right now, the 'Iron Man' of DCU is the CW Oliver Queen since his shows popularity is what lead to the Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning happening.
    They even gave him an Endgame Iron Man moment in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Dormammu at least had a face that resembled his comic book counterpart. The logic was that he can manifest himself however he likes so he can interact with Dr Strange.

That's different from giving characters no physicality at all because you're ashamed of the source material.

I don’t want to harp on an 11 year old failure but jezus, if they would have just gone with Sinestro going rogue and being the main villain the DC movieverse would have been in a much better place. Mark Strong was awesome as Sinestro and could have been the villainous backbone of the DC cinematic world. Oh well.

If it was Johns’ idea to go with Parallax to start things off, he deserves the career karma.

I want the alternate universe where they made a sequel to Superman Returns with Brandon Routh in a different costume, a more engaging story and a new Lois Lane.
    True CW Oliver is kind of a budget version of the MCU's Iron Man but it's still crazy to think about how a better script with a better villain could have established GL as a fixture in the DC Universe and pushed Hal into the kind of acclaim Stark has now. Imagine a world where Hal Jordan gets a statue in Italy for saving the universe lol.

That said, I do think a Superman film with Routh would have been great. He was always well cast, just in a boring movie trying too hard to ape Donner with a mediocre Lois Lane

Gal Gadot in The Flash?
    Dormammu at least had a face that resembled his comic book counterpart. The logic was that he can manifest himself however he likes so he can interact with Dr Strange.
    I wish they had come up with something better.

It helps that Dormammu wasn't a villain that Strange physically fought and instead used his wits to get past. It's trying to pass these clouds as a physical threat to the hero that is always goofy (Rise of the Silver Surfer and GL)

It helps that Dormammu wasn't a villain that Strange physically fought and instead used his wits to get past. It's trying to pass these clouds as a physical threat to the hero that is always goofy (Rise of the Silver Surfer and GL)
    Which is kind of ironic considering comic Dormammu actually can look pretty physically intimidating (and did in some concept art for the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is kind of ironic considering comic Dormammu actually can look pretty physically intimidating (and did in some concept art for the movie).
    True but I'm glad that DS despite being only a decent MCU movie to me had a very unique 'final boss' that didn't require some kind of long fight scene