Page 976 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697297397497597697797897998098610261076 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,640 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Why not do a hard reset and recast everyone keep all the HBO Max stuff ON HBO Max as a separate continuity and jump start a new universe with The Batman; especially since The Batman is only Year Two of Batman's character.

You can have a similar style movie for the big 7 and then just go from there by the time the DCU gets to Year Ten it will just as mature as the MCU.

Alas, WB has no, and never will have, any patience to world build.
    Because recasting Gal gadot, Jason Momoa and Zachary Levi would be a huge gamble at that point. There is a reason Downey Jr. was iron man for all the story of this character : audience were invested in him, and while some people didn't liek WW/84 (I find it way better than the original bt the way), Gadot IS Diana for most peoples, and his Arthur seen through the lenses of Momoa. So it'd be the two most successful IP they have currently in movies being rebooted, which hasn't happened to the MCU until what, twelve years after it's start ?

Would people even want to see a new origin story of WW and Aquaman ? Because it'd be needed then.

No, honestly, if they still want a shared universe (which was apparent with the idiotic idea of lumping the JSA in a Black Adam movie) it's better to keep what worked and was loved by the public.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because recasting Gal gadot, Jason Momoa and Zachary Levi would be a huge gamble at that point. There is a reason Downey Jr. was iron man for all the story of this character : audience were invested in him, and while some people didn't liek WW/84 (I find it way better than the original bt the way), Gadot IS Diana for most peoples, and his Arthur seen through the lenses of Momoa. So it'd be the two most successful IP they have currently in movies being rebooted, which hasn't happened to the MCU until what, twelve years after it's start ?

Would people even want to see a new origin story of WW and Aquaman ? Because it'd be needed then.

No, honestly, if they still want a shared universe (which was apparent with the idiotic idea of lumping the JSA in a Black Adam movie) it's better to keep what worked and was loved by the public.

But are "good" choices to begin with?

I mean are people invested in Momoa's Aquaman are people clamoring to know what is going to happen to the drumming octopus?

I mean are people invested in Momoa's Aquaman are people clamoring to know what is going to happen to the drumming octopus?

Laugh if you will but this Atlantis got a very clear identity, visual and all. And the movie set up Black Manta as a huge villain in the future, which makes me want to see what's next in store for him.

I saw someone suggest WB is going this direction because of the popularity of DCSHG cartoon which is both insane and amazing if that is indeed why they’re doing this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Laugh if you will but this Atlantis got a very clear identity, visual and all. And the movie set up Black Manta as a huge villain in the future, which makes me want to see what's next in store for him.
    Dang, I forgot about Manta who is dope AF.

Okay keep Aquaman and reboot everything else

Dang, I forgot about Manta who is dope AF.

Okay keep Aquaman and reboot everything else
    Bonus point : they get to introduce Jackson through it, with a possible culmination in a third movie if they aren't dumb and don't have Manta killed in the second one !

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think the majority of people are upset about Affleck, people already had their meltdown about that when it was confirmed that Keaton was in Batgirl. Source of the rage this time is
    1. They’re outright erasing all of Snyder’s movies which has his Cult pissed as hell obviously, because it’s WB getting in their face and telling them the Snyderverse is over
    2. Cavill’s getting the boot when unlike Affleck he wanted to keep playing the role, WB just refused to offer him anything but cameos
    3. There isn’t going to be a Batman OR Superman in the main universe anymore and we’re never getting the “iconic” Big 7 JL. Instead the Movie League looks a lot like the CW JL
    Cavill had also obviously been out the door for a while so that doesn’t surprise me either. It sucks since I’d like to see him in a movie with better writing.

Even with the roster, I confess I’m not too chuffed about the lack of the Big 7 when JLI proved you can make the team work without the classic big guns. It’s gonna come down to who they get to write and direct, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn’t the MCU about to do the same

Iron Heart, Lady Thor She hulk Shuri Panther and all led by Captain Marvel

The future is female
    I don’t know about that exact cast but yes, they are definitely building to an eventual Avengers sequel without some of the original marquee names that’ve been killed off or retired. Likely gonna have the likes of Captain America II, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Spider-Man and then some of the newer properties like Shang-Chi and She-Hulk. Maybe JaneThor too.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-02-2022 at 03:02 AM.

Bonus point : they get to introduce Jackson through it, with a possible culmination in a third movie if they aren't dumb and don't have Manta killed in the second one !
    What makes you think that Jason Momoa will only do 3 Aquaman movies? I'm certain he would do at least 5 if given the chance (and I see no reason why not).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You dont reboot a billion dollar grossing film

Astonishing Member

Lol our only choices are Snyder (who sucks) and Coates/Abrams (who also suck). Guess I’ll continue to ignore film side Superman then. If they announced a Superman video game I would happily cease ever giving a damn about the film sides handling of Supes. They’re never going to do right by him.

Do they really think they can make a JL movie that will get a billion without Batman and Superman I wonder? More intriguingly are they right to think so? Could that happen? Aquaman made a billion after all on his own. No stopping the car crash now I guess.
    If they made a Superman cartoon with animation as good as the Fleischer shows than I’m good and wouldn’t ever care about seeing another live action movie again.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What makes you think that Jason Momoa will only do 3 Aquaman movies? I'm certain he would do at least 5 if given the chance (and I see no reason why not).
    DC is currently laying the groundwork for Jackson in the comics and will likely bring him up in the films. Not gonna pass up on African American and lgbt Aquaman as a successor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You dont reboot a billion dollar grossing film
    Its still absolutely hilarious and bonkers that Aquaman manage to crack a billon, but BvS that has Batman, Superman, AND Wonder Woman in the same movie couldn’t. If you told me that this would happen I would’ve looked at you like you needed to be locked up at Arkham Asylum with a straitjacket on, lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Its still absolutely hilarious and bonkers that Aquaman manage to crack a billon, but BvS that has Batman, Superman, AND Wonder Woman in the same movie couldn’t. If you told me that this would happen I would’ve looked at you like you needed to be locked up at Arkham Asylum with a straitjacket on, lol.
    Which is why I can’t understand the dramatic online that the DCEU is dead as if those theee were raking in the money
    Then again Aquaman was the only DC film to follow a MCU mold

I saw someone suggest WB is going this direction because of the popularity of DCSHG cartoon which is both insane and amazing if that is indeed why they’re doing this
    Well, it is probably the piece of DC media that pushes a female Trinity the most (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl).
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Even with the roster, I confess I’m not too chuffed about the lack of the Big 7 when JLI proved you can make the team work without the classic big guns. It’s gonna come down to who they get to write and direct, IMO.
    Although I think people feel the JLI is a very distinct kind of League that doesn't really try to emulate the kind of stories/character dynamics that you see with the Big 7 or classic League. Not that it doesn't work in its own right, but it's not really what I think people expect from the main League anymore.
    I don’t know about that exact cast but yes, they are definitely building to an eventual Avengers sequel without some of the original marquee names that’ve been killed off or retired. Likely gonna have the likes of Captain America II, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Spider-Man and then some of the newer properties like Shang-Chi and She-Hulk. Maybe JaneThor too.
    After NWH I don't see Spider-Man or Strange showing up unless it's an event-level movie like IW and Endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    DC is currently laying the groundwork for Jackson in the comics and will likely bring him up in the films. Not gonna pass up on African American and lgbt Aquaman as a successor
    I think there were rumors about Garth being in the Lost Kingdom but I wonder if there's a lot about that film we don't know about yet.

First of all, nobody should be advocating for Disney to buy more stuff. They're already snuffing out smaller, lesser known projects just so they can own the IP. We are talking animated projects starring gay leads and other minority characters wherein Disney just buys the company or IP just so they can sit on it for two decades until they need something to adapt (most likely after the original creators have passed).

If you want somebody besides WB to own DC characters, Netflix would be a better option. Even right now, Disney has way too much monopoly over the entertainment industry.

Secondly, does the DCEU even need a reboot?

I'm not a fan of Snyders take on Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman but we can all agree that some movies worked while other didn't. We know Cavill is willing to come back and Affleck is worried about his health. Just tell better stories with Superman. Drive up the dump truck full of cash to Cavill's house if that's what is takes to get him to come back. Just say Cavill was portraying the Golden Age Superman and this is the beginning of the classic Superman. Affleck can always take a back seat while the DCEU builds up the Bat Family with Batgirl, Nightwing and Catwoman. If Affleck can't come back then use Alfred instead, give him time, if he is unable to come back then bring in a new Bruce Wayne/Batman. We don't need a big budget Crisis movie when the existing universe is still salvageable.