Page 978 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 47887892896897497597697797897998098198298810281078 ... LastLast
Results 14,656 to 14,670 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Which is why I can’t understand the dramatic online that the DCEU is dead as if those three were raking in the money
    Then again Aquaman was the only DC film to follow a MCU mold
    Gadot did pull in a lot of money for the first WW film. It was mainly China that helped catapult Aquaman over Wonder Woman at the box office, a marketplace that has proven to be very notorious and unreliable recently with no Marvel movies (+ The Suicide Squad) getting released in the country in 2021. When it came to the US box office, Diana defeated Arthur thoroughly.

If the rumors are to be believed, the real reason Batfleck and Superman are being phased out is because Affleck is done (also why the Matt Reeves movie went for a total Bat reboot), and Cavill apparently started making demands similar to what a Robert Downey Jr. over at Marvel would make in terms of pay. Only thing is, Cavill hasn't proven that his Superman is a draw at the level of what RDJ's Iron Man was. I can see why WB didn't want to make that gamble and decided to go for a cheaper alternative with Supergirl and some alternate universe takes on Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yes, at least a soft one. Since it kind of feels aimless with no real direction at this point, but from the sounds of it this strikes me as more of a soft reboot more than a full one. So more closer to what Fox did with Days Of Future Past where they wiped the bad movies out of canon like BvS, JL, but this will be a more extreme version of that since if the rumor is true, it looks like they’ll using this movie to erase not only the events of previous movies, but even the entire existence of characters.
    I don't think a DoFP style reboot is what they need either. More like what Gunn did with TSS, a better movie than the previous one, can be watched independently but doesn't contradict Ayer's movie either. He simply carried forward what worked from those movies.

Yeah, I’m in the minority who who’d rather Cavil not come back. While he looks the part, I don’t think he’s a strong actor and would rather see a new take with a new actor in the role.
    OTOH, I think he is good for the role. I just think he needs a better script.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't even agree that anyone else needs to "rescue" DC's properties. Pretty much the entirety of Hollywood has also tried to beat Marvel at their game and have come up short every time.
    True. But I don't need them to beat Marvel (although that would be cool) so much as I just need to do right by the characters they have.

The door is closed on Affleck. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone who likes his movies here. It just seems weird to me anyone is still of the belief that this is an option (not even trying to single you out; I keep seeing a lot of social media posts asking why WB is "forcing" him out). Dude publicly said he almost drank himself to death on the set of Justice League, dropped out of directing and starring in the solo Batman movie, and was saying as far back as 2017 that he was looking for a "cool exit" from the role. He came back to film the post credit scene for ZSJL as a favor to Snyder, who he's cool with, and probably took a small role in Flash to officially close the book on his iteration of the character. Those are the actions of a man who is done with the role, not someone WB needs to "wait" for or try to lure back.
    I'm not a huge fan of Batfleck (good choice for the role but bad direction). I'm just saying it's unnecessary to erase his movies from continuity when they can always recast the role and keep things moving forward within the same universe.

All this is going to do is just create more in-fighting and outrage amongst the fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Its still absolutely hilarious and bonkers that Aquaman manage to crack a billon, but BvS that has Batman, Superman, AND Wonder Woman in the same movie couldn’t. If you told me that this would happen I would’ve looked at you like you needed to be locked up at Arkham Asylum with a straitjacket on, lol.
    No that shows the difference between the public and comic book fans.

Comic book fans will scream certain characters shouldn't have ANYTHING because either they don't like the existing or think you need 1000+ books to get anything.

The public says "we don't care about entitled comic book fans and if we LIKE it WE like it no matter what."

Now making a billion like Black Panther and Cap Marvel-says there are a TON of folks you have ignored for way too long.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think a DoFP style reboot is what they need either. More like what Gunn did with TSS, a better movie than the previous one, can be watched independently but doesn't contradict Ayer's movie either. He simply carried forward what worked from those movies.
    I think think your approach of ignoring the bad movies and just keep make good movies would work if it seems they still think they could keep Cavil and Affleck down the line for more team up films, but I suspect they want to return to a more connected DCEU instead of the more standalone approach the recent films have been taking. If the rumors are true; looks like they want to explore a new take on JL.

OTOH, I think he is good for the role. I just think he needs a better script.
    That’s fair. I’s rather see a new actor and a new take, but preferably in a standalone world.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here.

You know what’s funny?

2021 saw the release of 3 high profile JL type properties. Zack Snyder’s JL, Netflix’s Jupiter’s Legacy and MCU’s Eternals. Eternals flopped and was rotten with critics. Jupiter’s Legacy was rotten with critics and cancelled after 1 season. WB has the GENUINE ARTICLE, positive feedback from fans and critics and they are intent on doing nothing with it. They deserve to lose and fail. Way to take the wrong lesson from 2021.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 01-02-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Would people even want to see a new origin story of WW and Aquaman ? Because it'd be needed then.
    Going forward, I hope origin stories for well-known characters are ditched. Just start the story in a setting where the hero operates, establish the supporting cast, and get on with the adventure.

Are they even going to tell Barry’s origin in the Flash movie?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You know, that's a good question.

Barry goes back in time to stop Reverse Flash from murdering his mom. Instead he has a multiverse adventure where he erases Superman, Batman and the previous JL, and ends the film by setting out to form a new League without them. I do hope he actually saves Nora in this film. It be really crappy for him to not even succeed at the one goal he changes history to do.

I hope they pull something together better than my above synopsis of what we know so far.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No that shows the difference between the public and comic book fans.

Comic book fans will scream certain characters shouldn't have ANYTHING because either they don't like the existing or think you need 1000+ books to get anything.

The public says "we don't care about entitled comic book fans and if we LIKE it WE like it no matter what."

Now making a billion like Black Panther and Cap Marvel-says there are a TON of folks you have ignored for way too long.
    Also Jason Momoa is hot AF

This was the first image we ever saw of Aquaman:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I mean, it's as simple as showing him getting hit with lightning in a science lab. It'd take all of five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Also Jason Momoa is hot AF

This was the first image we ever saw of Aquaman:

We've come a long way since then.

Jason Mamoa made Aquaman cool! Gal and Jason just brought those two to life! Perfect casting in my eyes, and one of the few things Snyder did right
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Jason Mamoa made Aquaman cool! Gal and Jason just brought those two to life! Perfect casting in my eyes, and one of the few things Snyder did right
    I think part of it was the directors' for their solo's although admittedly Gadot was the standout of BvS.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's as simple as showing him getting hit with lightning in a science lab. It'd take all of five seconds.

100% this is probably the best live action version of a superhero suit both in the DC films and the MCU

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Going forward, I hope origin stories for well-known characters are ditched. Just start the story in a setting where the hero operates, establish the supporting cast, and get on with the adventure.
    Yeah me too. If a refresher is needed then Raimi Spider-Man style opening credits that show an origin and/or recap key events would be cool.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It doesn't have the black undies though.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"