Page 980 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097697797897998098198298398499010301080 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Eh I still feel like modern Black Adam feels like a better fit as a Superman rival at this point. At least the ways Johns has reimagined him
    Johns still paired him against Captain Marvel/Shazam though. Even gave him his own contrasting Black Adam Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Johns still paired him against Captain Marvel/Shazam though. Even gave him his own contrasting Black Adam Family.
    Yea I get that but I think they should have had him cross paths with Superman more instead. Would be a great fit

Yea I get that but I think they should have had him cross paths with Superman more instead. Would be a great fit
    Well, I guess it would be a convenient way of mining Superman's infamous weakness to magic.

Ngl I'm actually surprised DC never made Black Adam a villain/rival in Superman comic books. The way Adam has developed in the comics, he arguably fits Supes more than he does Billy now. It's like a Batman/Deathstroke thing where it just makes sense. It'd be kinda ridiculous if the first time it really happens is in a Black Adam movie though
    I think it's because Adam was always more in the JSA sphere than the Superman one.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zod is a Kryptonian Supremacist who believes in his own ideals and ethics over anyone else's and believes might makes right, and in terms of their leadership styles or general morality I'd say they're fairly similar even if Adam is a little more genuinely honorable than Zod is.

Adam is Billy without the fortitude or family to overcome hardship or the innocence to still believe in pure heroes.
    Adam being a supremecist is an old take as a moustache twirling villain.

See what did i tell you? "age of heroes/legion future" aka dumb utopia.They are both the same.kahndaq ain't an attempt at that in misguided way.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-03-2022 at 10:19 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’m not a fan of Snyder’s DC stuff at all, but if WB decide to full on erase most of his story and film contributions after having released the Snyder Cut… that’s a big slap in the face to the fans, my God.

Obviously there’s a merger going on so I’m sure after that there may be some changes but maaaaan… WB has really made some bad decisions during the pandemic

I really don’t care if they get rid of the Snyder continuity. As many have already stated, half of the DC movies already contradict story points and yes, whether or not a character has an accent.

I’m just not happy about a potential DC movieverse where Batman is 70 and Superman may have been erased from existence. If the plan is to give Brainiac and the rest of Superman’s villains and story elements to Sasha Calle’s Supergirl, I’m definitely out.

Our new Justice League is apparently:

spoilers:
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Supergirl
    Green Arrow (introduced in the solo Black Canary film)
    Black Canary
    Blue Beetle

Green Lantern (John), Hawkgirl and Huntress are all also in the mix…Apparently there are films in development for the first two (GL, HG)
    end of spoilers

Consider me intrigued!

That roster comes from a Reddit post/leak a couple months ago that everyone ignored but seems more likely now that we got credible people backing it up with this new leak
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

spoilers:
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Supergirl
    Black Canary
    Blue Beetle

Green Lantern (John), Hawkgirl and Huntress are all also in the mix…Apparently there are films in development for the first two (GL, HG)
    end of spoilers

Consider me intrigued!

That roster comes from a Reddit post/leak a couple months ago that everyone ignored but seems more likely now that we got credible people backing it up with this new leak
    Don't forget Bat-Keaton as team leader/Nick Fury.

I like the line up, and that they are using characters that are already established in previous movies or upcoming ones instead of jumping straight to the team up.

Superman missing from the team sticks out like a sore thumb. He is supposed to be still around but he is not enough of a team player to join the other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really don’t care if they get rid of the Snyder continuity. As many have already stated, half of the DC movies already contradict story points and yes, whether or not a character has an accent.

I’m just not happy about a potential DC movieverse where Batman is 70 and Superman may have been erased from existence. If the plan is to give Brainiac and the rest of Superman’s villains and story elements to Sasha Calle’s Supergirl, I’m definitely out.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Don't forget Bat-Keaton as team leader/Nick Fury.

I like the line up, and that they are using characters that are already established in previous movies or upcoming ones instead of jumping straight to the team up.

Superman missing from the team sticks out like a sore thumb. He is supposed to be still around but he is not enough of a team player to join the other heroes.
    Apparently that leak claims they’re still trying to get Cavill back for the Supergirl movie but honestly I doubt he’ll do it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Adam being a supremecist is an old take as a moustache twirling villain.
    It's more to do with his arrogance.
    See what did i tell you? "age of heroes/legion future" aka dumb utopia.They are both the same.kahndaq ain't an attempt at that in misguided way.
    I don't see what that has to do with the Legion? Adam's methods work well enough in Khandaq but it wouldn't fly in the rest of the world, which is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

spoilers:
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Supergirl
    Black Canary
    Blue Beetle

end of spoilers

Consider me intrigued!

This sounds like the Arrowverse Justice League.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently that leak claims they’re still trying to get Cavill back for the Supergirl movie but honestly I doubt he’ll do it.
    It's understandable that WB would like to have Superman in the Supergirl movie (not dissimilar from BM in Batgirl). As for Cavill doing it, it won't be much different than him guesting as Sherlock Holmes in Netflix's Enola Holmes franchise.

Or maybe Bat-Keaton should've brought Nic Cage's Superman in the DCEU with himself. 💀
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-04-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Or maybe Bat-Keaton should've brought Nic Cage's Superman in the DCEU with himself. ��
    FCK, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUT THESE IDEAS IN MY HEAD. Now I'm really angry that it won't happen. Specially since Nicolas Cage would totally do it if he was offered the role. Heck, he might even do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m not a fan of Snyder’s DC stuff at all, but if WB decide to full on erase most of his story and film contributions after having released the Snyder Cut… that’s a big slap in the face to the fans, my God.
    Is it though? The studio was upfront from the beginning that the Snyder Cut was a one time deal and that they viewed it as the conclusion of Snyder's saga. Snyder himself took the opportunity to shoot a new ending that blatantly teased his version of Justice League 2 and 3 despite being told by the studio he would not be getting said sequels, leaving his "ending" in a bizarre situation where it basically concludes on a cliffhanger. While on one hand I kinda respect the balls of doing such a thing even after being told not to, WB has pretty consistently said they would not be restoring the Snyderverse, regardless of how many hashtag campaigns the fans have launched on Twitter since then.