Page 981 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197797897998098198298398498599110311081 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is it though? The studio was upfront from the beginning that the Snyder Cut was a one time deal and that they viewed it as the conclusion of Snyder's saga. Snyder himself took the opportunity to shoot a new ending that blatantly teased his version of Justice League 2 and 3 despite being told by the studio he would not be getting said sequels, leaving his "ending" in a bizarre situation where it basically concludes on a cliffhanger. While on one hand I kinda respect the balls of doing such a thing even after being told not to, WB has pretty consistently said they would not be restoring the Snyderverse, regardless of how many hashtag campaigns the fans have launched on Twitter since then.
    I think it’s a bit of a slap in the face to those fans to use a whole film (using one of Snyder’s castings) to blatantly just wipe it from the canon though haha. And, to be fair, they had previously heel turned on the Snyder cut when deciding they wanted to use it to boost subscriber numbers. I think they could have easily just moved on without referencing Snyder’s versions of the characters and carry on with a soft reboot that way - I just feel that if I was a fan of a franchise and they started doing these bait and switch tactics, I’d be pretty pissed. I don’t think it will hurt WB in the long run as most people aren’t die hard Snyder fans that advocated for his cut, but I think it will definitely increase toxicity on social media AND more negative press

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Gadot did pull in a lot of money for the first WW film. It was mainly China that helped catapult Aquaman over Wonder Woman at the box office, a marketplace that has proven to be very notorious and unreliable recently with no Marvel movies (+ The Suicide Squad) getting released in the country in 2021. When it came to the US box office, Diana defeated Arthur thoroughly.
    Wonder Woman earned from China, 90millions, now take that out from the total of her Box office, she ends with 729million
    Aquaman earned 290million from China, take that from his box office total, he ends with 858million, comfortably ahead.

So Diana does not beat Aquaman, even if we take the China equation from box office earning, Aquaman is still the best DCEU movie.
    Domestically Aquaman suffered also from a bad reputation(he was considered a joke) which is mainly an american issue, overseas he was never made fun of on TV shows as in the USA. Still he garners a very good box office at home. ​

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m not a fan of Snyder’s DC stuff at all, but if WB decide to full on erase most of his story and film contributions after having released the Snyder Cut… that’s a big slap in the face to the fans, my God.

Obviously there’s a merger going on so I’m sure after that there may be some changes but maaaaan… WB has really made some bad decisions during the pandemic
    Since his fans have no respect for other DCEU movies less than those he directed, they deserved it. Least we forget his movies have risked the entire collapse of the DCEU itself, those movies if we look at the failed big. When one considers that with Batman and Superman in the same movie, you don't even come close to a billion BO, while Marvel with unknown characters like Black Panther and Captain Marvel thoroughly defeats the most famous superheroes in the world, means something?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really don’t care if they get rid of the Snyder continuity. As many have already stated, half of the DC movies already contradict story points and yes, whether or not a character has an accent.
    exactly take Aquaman -

Vulko is de-aged from ZSJL.
    Atlanna trident is not given to Arthur by Vulko, but she leaves it at Amnesty bay.
    the location of the dead king final resting place is unknown in Aquaman while in JL Arthur visits the place often. Atlanteans don't use airbubbles to speak as in JL.
    Mera's parents are alive(at least her father) not as she states in JL.
    Mera's hair is red in Aquaman, while in JL she is blonde unless in Xebel they don't have hairdressers!!
    Vulko and Arthur meet for the first time in Atlantis since he was a teen, while in JL they met various times when Arthur was an adult.
    Besides many other details.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Since his fans have no respect for other DCEU movies less than those he directed, they deserved it. Least we forget his movies have risked the entire collapse of the DCEU itself, those movies if we look at the failed big. When one considers that with Batman and Superman in the same movie, you don't even come close to a billion BO, while Marvel with unknown characters like Black Panther and Captain Marvel thoroughly defeats the most famous superheroes in the world, means something?
    Don't forget them claiming that the good DCEU movies are good because he had a hand in them and the bad ones were bad because he wasn't involved in them. Regardless of their faults or up and downs during production, it's a huge disrespect and slap-in-the-face to Patty, Wan and Gunn who are all talented in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m not a fan of Snyder’s DC stuff at all, but if WB decide to full on erase most of his story and film contributions after having released the Snyder Cut… that’s a big slap in the face to the fans, my God.
    Eh. It's akin to X-Men: Days of Future Past. I'm sure there were some fans of The Wolverine and X-Men 3, but they had to go.

Obviously there’s a merger going on so I’m sure after that there may be some changes but maaaaan… WB has really made some bad decisions during the pandemic
    It's not like good decisions were being made with Snyder.
    Killing Superman on his second outing, killing Dick Grayson off-screen, the whole Knightmare scenario had no proper setup.
    For all we know, it's not just the Snyder movies that could be affected. What if Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey are also affected?
    Steve Trevor being brought to modern day from1917 would wipe out WW84, while some changes could be made to Birds of Prey regarding Cassandra Cain.
    Also, if Superman sends Zod to the Phantom Zone instead of killing him, we ditch the zombie Zod Doomsday and the death of Superman, which I would welcome.

With Keaton, it seems like he's organizing Gotham's network of vigilantes. According to rumors, he puts Black Canary on the trail of the League of Assassins, which opens the door to R'as Al Ghul, Talia, and potentially, Damian Wayne. What if Keaton Bats is looking for Batfleck's long-lost son? What if the set-up is to introduce him as the next Batman?
    The League of Assassins also opens the door to Lady Shiva (who has been hinted at by Misha Green) and David Cain and Merlyn, the foil for Green Arrow (also hinted at by Green). Now, these are just my musings, but I feel like Black Canary could be the most important DCEU film of this new universe.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    FCK, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUT THESE IDEAS IN MY HEAD. Now I'm really angry that it won't happen. Specially since Nicolas Cage would totally do it if he was offered the role. Heck, he might even do it for free.
    Some time ago he was rumored to have a cameo as SM in The Flash, I dunno if it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Eh. It's akin to X-Men: Days of Future Past. I'm sure there were some fans of The Wolverine and X-Men 3, but they had to go.
    Well, the only thing they undid about The Wolverine is Logan getting his Adamantium back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the only thing they undid about The Wolverine is Logan getting his Adamantium back.
    They also brought back Scott and Jean. DoFP basically retconned X-3 (not that anyone complained)

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Don't forget them claiming that the good DCEU movies are good because he had a hand in them and the bad ones were bad because he wasn't involved in them. Regardless of their faults or up and downs during production, it's a huge disrespect and slap-in-the-face to Patty, Wan and Gunn who are all talented in their own right.
    Totally agreed, now they are saying that Wan even begged his approval for his movie and that it was through his genius that he inspired the Trench and 7 kingdoms, when those are Johns creation. They also claim that Aquaman is continuity of JL because Arthur visits his father as he said in JL. But they forget that Wan took out the air bubbles to speak in, Mera's blonde hair and accent etc.

They also claim that BvS didn't do well because WB didn't permit an extra 30mins, now I recall people many non comic fans relate that the movie was an ordeal for them, 30mins more and they would have needed therapy after watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Our new Justice League is apparently:

spoilers:
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Supergirl
    Green Arrow (introduced in the solo Black Canary film)
    Black Canary
    Blue Beetle

Green Lantern (John), Hawkgirl and Huntress are all also in the mix…Apparently there are films in development for the first two (GL, HG)
    end of spoilers

Consider me intrigued!

That roster comes from a Reddit post/leak a couple months ago that everyone ignored but seems more likely now that we got credible people backing it up with this new leak
    It’s cool that the Beetle may be included but no Superman and (by that time) a 75 year old Batman really puts a damper on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s cool that the Beetle may be included but no Superman and (by that time) a 75 year old Batman really puts a damper on things.
    We’ll see how the GA reacts to that. Right now, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the most popular DCEU characters… people didn’t really connect with Affleck as Batman or Cavill as Superman so I can see where WB is coming from. Though the Superman part has conflicting rumors… some are saying Cavill is out and erased while others are saying he’ll stick around for cameos/team ups. So who knows…
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

WB could easily just use mostly the same cast and focus on the points that don't contradict, and even use multiversal shenanigans to reconcile those differences rather than throw out the entire basis for these characters knowing each other and operating in the open. A remixed roster can definitely soften the blow of Batfleck's exit, Cavill could still take part.

If Supergirl is going to be a stand-in (which I doubt I'd be convinced by), at least change her freaking hair!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    They also brought back Scott and Jean. DoFP basically retconned X-3 (not that anyone complained)
    Yeah that’s the main difference - X3 didn’t have a load of fans arguing Brett Ratner was a visionary director in the superhero genre, so as far as I could tell no one really cared. Although I personally would put Snyder’s DC films in the same league as X3, a vocal group of people would put them as the best of the genre

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    WB could easily just use mostly the same cast and focus on the points that don't contradict, and even use multiversal shenanigans to reconcile those differences rather than throw out the entire basis for these characters knowing each other and operating in the open. A remixed roster can definitely soften the blow of Batfleck's exit, Cavill could still take part.

If Supergirl is going to be a stand-in (which I doubt I'd be convinced by), at least change her freaking hair!
    The issue here is thinking they're all that interested in trying to preserve Snyder's continuity or "soften" the blow of removing any part of it. They aren't. They've never been happy with the reception to those films, so they seem to just want to excise it wholesale.

Which, to be fair, I can see why. I don't think Flash and Wonder Woman not referencing the first Justice League movie in a hypothetical sequel would be the end of the world.

Plus Aquaman and Wonder Woman can be watched and enjoyed independently even if you skip their appearances in Snyder movies. Though that only makes this retcon even more unnecessary.

Also, Gunn gave them the perfect excuse to not feature Superman in their movies; he's still in the ICU after the kryptonite bullet.

Keep it simple, DC.

Although this is advice that could be applied to not just their movies but comics as well.