Page 984 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I question how far the writers have thought this through.
    And the powers that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I seriously wish Batfleck had gotten to have had movies where he interacted with other members of the Batfamily.
    Well, Dick Grayson was dead from word "go". I think Snyder was trying to bring in Carrie Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    I don't agree, MCU works because they have taken a different path, in which they avoided the trappings DCEU got stuck in. Characters can grow in standalones, Aquaman and Wonder Woman show it is possible. There is no need for Wonder Woman movies to be affected by what happens with Flash. It is ridiculous.

Many people see the DCEU as a gloom and doom and don't connect to it.

MCU also works because they promote their characters outside the movies as well, DC is light years behind in that, have you seen any promotion of Aquaman after the movie? except a childish mini cartoons? MCU characters are in all merchandise they ditch out, DC? batman only and some superman That's all. No attempt to milk the success a movie might bring. Characters DC think they are popular, flop, others they don't care that much about, do well.
    Be that as it may, the MCU films are all team-up films. The solos that didn't do well became team-up films. Look what happened to Captain America, Thor, and Dr. Strange. Look what's happening to She-Hulk and Captain Marvel.
    They're all turning into mini-Avengers/event movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, Dick Grayson was dead from word "go". I think Snyder was trying to bring in Carrie Kelly.
    It would not have surprised me.

Be that as it may, the MCU films are all team-up films. The solos that didn't do well became team-up films. Look what happened to Captain America, Thor, and Dr. Strange. Look what's happening to She-Hulk and Captain Marvel.
    I believe that is somehow different with DC characters, first of all Marvel has developed a war machine behind all their movies, they started out with characters not as well known, as with what the DCEU started with, Iron Man is not as famous as Superman and got a very decent Box Office not far from MoS and even when one considers the budget available.
    DCEU second movie BvS was a team-up and it was the source of all problems. The 2 most famous characters in the world plus WW failed to launch the DCEU.
    Justice league snyder or not, was a complete disaster. The whole project nearly collapsed, partially saved by WW and Aquaman. The rest has done either decently or flopped. The DCEU never really recovered from the BvS and JL movies and at best it has shaky legs. It was the team-up that didn't work in DC movies. WW departed from the direction and tone of those movies it worked, with Aquaman even better.

Cap 2 did light years better than Cap 1 both critically and box office wise. Thor: TDW despite being a critical failure gaining mixed reviews was still a financial success earning in the range of 600 M while Thor did around 400M. Dr Strange had a budget of $165-200M and made around $677.7 box office. That's hardly a failure.

The reason why there are more cross overs is because, in the immortal words of Stan Lee, "Because YOU demanded it". There has always been backlash at Marvel's more standalone projects. I still remember all the people complaining about Avengers not showing up in each others solo movies during Phase 2, Netflix characters not crossing over to the wider MCU or AoS not being acknowledged by the movies. Marvel is just giving people what they want by having characters from different corners of the MCU show up in different shows/movies.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-08-2022 at 03:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Captain Marvel made over 1billion at the BO, how did it not do well?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ben Affleck on ending his run with The Flash.

Twitter is trying to blame Whedon for Ben quitting Batman but after reading the full article.....it would've taken a miracle (as in being beloved for BvS) for him to stay.

Twitter is an idiot toilet. At this point it's hard to believe anyone can still take anything that cesspool has to say at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Twitter is an idiot toilet. At this point it's hard to believe anyone can still take anything that cesspool has to say at face value.
    Aside from when it comes from the sources mouth. I'm just on it to follow creators/news at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aside from when it comes from the sources mouth. I'm just on it to follow creators/news at this point.
    I mean the overall notion where a lot of people act like twitter is far bigger and more influential than it actually is. People who think twitter has some kind of foothold on the cultural landscape and act like getting things trending must mean this is how the global general audience feels about things, when it's all nonsense. Twitter is little more than a vocal minority that always laughably pretends to be speaking on behalf of the majority. Social media apps like that do nothing to help a movie, TV show or comic book's performance just like they do nothing to hurt its performance, yet there's somehow this notion that it can make or break things. No casual moviegoer that goes to see the next MCU or DCEU movie cares about what freaking twitter has to say about it. I guess it just annoys me that people treat it like it's so much more than it is in reality and the media always propagates that notion.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-08-2022 at 08:51 AM.

Twitter has around 200M users. Similar numbers exist for FB, IG and other big social media apps. Bad word of mouth can affect projects and create negative perception of a project and drive away potential consumers. I agree that Twitter shouldn't dictate what companies do but it's false to say it doesn't have an impact on projects.

200M users with who knows how many of them are not even real accounts, that always pretend to be speaking on behalf of 8B people around the world. It's a joke. I stand by that twitter has no impact on box office performances or TV ratings, or certainly not the kind of impact that is always made out to have.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Cap 2 did light years better than Cap 1 both critically and box office wise. Thor: TDW despite being a critical failure gaining mixed reviews was still a financial success earning in the range of 600 M while Thor did around 400M. Dr Strange had a budget of $165-200M and made around $677.7 box office. That's hardly a failure.

The reason why there are more cross overs is because, in the immortal words of Stan Lee, "Because YOU demanded it". There has always been backlash at Marvel's more standalone projects. I still remember all the people complaining about Avengers not showing up in each others solo movies during Phase 2, Netflix characters not crossing over to the wider MCU or AoS not being acknowledged by the movies. Marvel is just giving people what they want by having characters from different corners of the MCU show up in different shows/movies.
    Cap 2 was a team-up film. My main point is that these characters don't get films to explore them as solo operatives. They always end up at the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Captain Marvel made over 1billion at the BO, how did it not do well?
    And yet she can't even get her name on her own sequel. She's going the team-up route because apparently Carol isn't interesting enough to explore on her own.