Page 985 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 48588593597598198298398498598698798898999510351085 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,775 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    And yet she can't even get her name on her own sequel. She's going the team-up route because apparently Carol isn't interesting enough to explore on her own.
    I'm not against Carol hanging with Monica and Kamala in her movie but I feel like the MCU had, like, one solo female film franchise and then it suddenly becomes a team movie and changes the title.

Like, would Captain Marvel: The Marvels have sounded too redundant?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    And yet she can't even get her name on her own sequel. She's going the team-up route because apparently Carol isn't interesting enough to explore on her own.
    That's a different issue all together.

I'm still waiting for a solo female Superhero film (that's actually good) that's not a period piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still waiting for a solo female Superhero film (that's actually good) that's not a period piece.
    Well speaking of those it looks like the Supergirl movie is indeed happening.

Also I guess Zod might be the villain?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You'd think they learn instead of just doing MoS but it's a gender-flip, but I guess we'll see.

I don't think we really need Zod again.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-08-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

You'd think they learn instead of just doing MoS but it's a gender-flip, but I guess we'll see.

I don't think we really need Zod again.
    Zod is dumbest villain superman has..Another flying brick authoritarian.Give him a mustache..atleast that will be self aware.
    Sheesh!how about the bulleteers for a villain?a heist movie with a bunch of anarchist engineers on a hypersonic mobile.supes can't even catch.
    Or a horror movie with parasite..It's like these guys want superfranchise to fail.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Zod is dumbest villain superman has..Another flying brick authoritarian.Give him a mustache..atleast that will be self aware.
    Sheesh!how about the bulleteers for a villain?a heist movie with a bunch of anarchist engineers on a hypersonic mobile.supes can't even catch.
    Or a horror movie with parasite..It's like these guys want superfranchise to fail.
    Well that completely overlooks the massive amount of nuance and character development Zod has built up over the decades...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Well that completely overlooks the massive amount of nuance and character development Zod has built up over the decades...
    Yeah right!every nuance built ends with "kneel before the guy" or " i am solidier!!muh kryptoooon greatness!!must protect".Dumb with a capital d.

I would rather have mongol. And that guy is a darkseid ripoff.Atleast warworld as a concept can be molded and is interesting.Heck! Mongul fathers and sons have actual personality..They are sexist and they are bunch of patricidal conquerors with a death star.the character Was absolutely crucial in supes best storylines.

Zod,eradicator,cyborg superman..etc all these villains are bland as hell.Eradicator might be passable.Other flying bricks are dumb.They are as dumb as Doomsday.Doomsday atleast has a different shtick compared to the main protagonist.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I would love a Steph Batgirl film made in the style of Scott Pilgrim vs The World; that would be so wild.

Screw continuity and have Damian pop in to talk smack and get beat up by her and have the villain be her father Cluemaster

Zod can at least be effective in execution and can make sense as a starter villain and someone connected to Clark's Kryptonian culture, but he's getting to be as overused as Lex is.
    Zod,eradicator,cyborg superman..etc all these villains are bland as hell.Eradicator might be passable.Other flying bricks are dumb.They are as dumb as Doomsday.Doomsday atleast has a different shtick compared to the main protagonist.
    Eradicator and Henshaw were great in the Reign of the Supermen film.

Zod can at least be effective in execution and can make sense as a starter villain and someone connected to Clark's Kryptonian culture, but he's getting to be as overused as Lex is.

Eradicator and Henshaw were great in the Reign of the Supermen film.
    lex is a different deal.He actually offers things.Lex actually challenges Clark's savior complex .Zod?nothing other than "Kryptonian" culture.Kryptonian can produce better villains that can actually challenge clark, than another flying brick .How about xa-du?phantom zone if done right is trippy as hell.

it didn't work for me at all.It was forgetable.nowhere near good enough for me to be excited for it made into live action if ever.For me,villains has to bring their own flair,badassness and abilites to the table.Manchester black.Another villain/anti-hero that would be a pain in the arse for clark.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    200M users with who knows how many of them are not even real accounts, that always pretend to be speaking on behalf of 8B people around the world. It's a joke. I stand by that twitter has no impact on box office performances or TV ratings, or certainly not the kind of impact that is always made out to have.
    Shipping wars on Twitter are perhaps the zenith of "loud people on the internet who think they represent the majority when the actual majority don't give a **** either way"

lex is a different deal.He actually offers things.Lex actually challenges Clark's savior complex .Zod?nothing other than "Kryptonian" culture.Kryptonian can produce better villains that can actually challenge clark, than another flying brick .How about xa-du?phantom zone if done right is trippy as hell.

it didn't work for me at all.It was forgetable.nowhere near good enough for me to be excited for it made into live action if ever.For me,villains has to bring their own flair,badassness and abilites to the table.Manchester black.Another villain/anti-hero that would be a pain in the arse for clark.
    I mean, what Lex brings to the table depends on the story, because there are a lot of ways to play Lex. I think from a mythos and characterization standpoint there's a lot Zod brings as a counter to Superman and what he represents.

I like Xa-Du, but it's a different kind of character than Zod. Just like you can't really have another character fill-in for Lex.

I thought Eradicator wrecking everybody and Henshaw's mania and irrational and tragic fury towards Superman were very effective, and Patrick Fabian did a phenomenal job of selling Cyborg-Superman's villainy and tragedy, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Twitter is trying to blame Whedon for Ben quitting Batman but after reading the full article.....it would've taken a miracle (as in being beloved for BvS) for him to stay.
    I've found a lot of fans like to pretend the problems with the franchise only began in 2017 so that their personal favorites can be guilt-free regarding the franchise's negative overall reputation. Whedon's a scumbag, but pretending Ben's previous two appearances (BVS and Suicide Squad) being widely considered laughing stocks didn't contribute to the overall negativity he described in his experience is disingenuous at best. Sad Affleck during the BVS press tour became a meme for a reason.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-09-2022 at 12:59 PM.