Page 990 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 490890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Eh, that's not what I remember. At the time of casting, Gustin got bagged on initially because he appeared in Glee and was viewed as a "pretty boy" while the initial complaints against Miller were homophobic. Since then Gustin gained popularity while the complaints against Miller got more legit based on his portrayal in the theatrical cut of Justice League. And lol @ comparing a couple of complaints about Affleck and Cox's Matt Murdoch casting against the vitriolic hate that POC actors and actresses get when they are cast. These characters are just ink on paper and to give real-life people hell over it is pure toxic, trash and goes against everything the characters stand for in the first place. And all for something as superficial and dumb as the color of skin and hair.
    You can "lol" all you like, all I did was give examples of actors that fans used to complain about despite that you'd think they "looked the part". I wasn't comparing the level of those complaints to the level of vitriol that POC actors have gotten, I pointed out that fans have traditionally always been vocal about changing the characters long before they started changing their race. If someone like Heath Ledger was still around, he would've probably had a thing or two to say about some of the reactions his casting got. Noone says it should be acceptable for any actor to get any kind of vitriolic crap for any of this nonsense, so I'm not sure why you're even telling me this. And maybe you should stop lumping in the very tiny vocal minority of toxic fools with fans who just wish to see their favorites faithfully translated to screen. That accomplishes nothing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Any criticism they received was miniscule in comparison, if it existed at all. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen anyone complain about Barry not being blonde in the movies or tv show, and you are the only person I've seen claim Affleck and Cox were criticized for not having red hair. Jackman is still considered the gold standard for playing Wolverine despite the few people complaining about his height.
    Maybe you should look it up more then, I've been hearing fans going apeshit about superhero castings for years before Hollywood started changing the characters on a regular basis. Either way, my main point was that it's never okay to treat fans who may have a problem with these casting choices like they're the kind of people who throw the kind of vitriolic hatred mentioned earlier, because it's just not the same thing. If you think Mary Jane Watson should actually be called "Mary Jane Watson" and be presented as a white girl with green eyes and red hair, that doesn't mean you're the kind of person who goes to Zendaya's IG to post racist garbage to her. If you want Hal Jordan to be featured in the GL reboot because you think what WB did to him in the past was wrong and needs to be rectified, doesn't mean you hate John Stewart or think he's a "token GL" or that you would go to the twitter page of the actor they eventually cast as him, to spew toxic trash at him. Means you want Hal to be done justice and not thrown away like a sack of garbage. Fans should be allowed to question these decisions without being labeled as horrible people for it just because a few irrelevant dorks who have nothing better to do with their time choose to make asses out of themselves on social media.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The question is why is it selective rage with cries of respect the source material?
    What selective rage is that? If they were to ever do a Wally West Flash movie, I think Wally should be a white guy with red hair dating an Asian woman in Linda Park. What am I being selective about for wanting to see that character accurately portrayed in live-action. Does that mean I hate Keiynan Lonsdale or Wallace because of it? Again, noone says it's acceptable for actors to receive any abuse for this, the point is not to conflate the people who love these characters and their stories with the actual problematic people who are useless to even be acknowledged. The former have every right to question these decisions or choose not go along with everything Hollywood decides to throw at them. Doesn't make them selective or toxic.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Leave Johnny alone, guys

He didn't mean any harm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Leave Johnny alone, guys

He didn't mean any harm lol
    Oh you're such a good dude, Sodam. I guess I kind of had it coming. Looking at my previous comments it does seem like I was comparing Affleck's Daredevil hair color or Hugh Jackman's height to the kind of reactions that actors like Anna Diop or MBJ have received in the past, which was neither my intention nor the overall point I was trying to illustrate, but I can see how it could come off that way.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol where was the rage when famous non-redheads like Alicia Silverstone, Uma Thurman, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Romjin, Famke Janssen, Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, Amber Heard etc. were cast as redheads? This nonsense comes up only when black actors or actresses are cast.
    Well we gotta take 3 of these out of the equation lol.

Alicia Silverstone didnt play Barbara Gordon.

Rebecca and Jennifer played a blue character who was also blue on screen.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I remember trying to get people on here to sign a petition to get Ezra Miller to dye his hair blond, lmao.

Yep that’s the Burnside suit alright. Looks fine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

And the nightmare that is Burnside continues...

Cowl looks coo and her cheekbones is assisting the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She looks great. LOVE the cowl.

I am ok with this being the starter costume but only if they upgrade to the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Burnside? Really?

I guess she makes her first suit herself.

It looks fine otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Burnside? Really?

I guess she makes her first suit herself.

It looks fine otherwise.
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Burnside Batgirl but what is particularly egregious about that suit?

It just looks like an update of the 60s show version with a black cowl.

Full costume

I like it, i guess the leather kinda makes it look like a CW suit from the early 2010s but then again so did the burnside suit. And i guess the simplicity has its charm, wouldn't be surprised if by the end she has a more traditional/expensive looking suit as is the current trend.

wonder how they'll do Nightwing if he's in this, maybe they'll go less armored too in order to differentiate from the Titans version.