Page 216 of 613 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    At the moment I'm not looking at Action and Superman as back and forth comics, just two separate comics with a common precursor.
    I agree, sure, but both have made very clear indications of being linked by more than just a character. Bendis is playing the books with continuity that one could assume was any amount of time apart if they wanted. But I doubt he's going to have the real Lois show twice to a super shocked Clark.

I think we're just in need of context. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Unless Lois really is an imposter/Red Cloud in Action Comics, which, I might add, was a possibility on the Red Cloud suspect list.
    Also possible.

I just think the way Zod points at Clark and the fruits that his immigrant experience his, then points to himself and the fruits of his experience (notice you can see some of the people from his new planet), and then finally to an image of the people of old Krypton, it comes off more as symbolic mental images made by the two of them. It's especially relevant given that Zod is her to both avenge Krypton and keep his new family safe.

Plus, and this is just speculation, but I doubt Zod willingly put his wife and kid back into the Phantom Zone to fight the guy that killed Krypton.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So far everything he's said has checked out. Stop being paranoid. DC are not that stupid.
    We should never underestimate the stupidity of Comic Book Publishers lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

If Earth isn't in the PZ in AC then whatever happens in Superman happens days/weeks/months before AC.

BANNED

Just noticed one of Bendis' instagram hashtags is #wtf? Rofl, he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    If Earth isn't in the PZ in AC then whatever happens in Superman happens days/weeks/months before AC.
    Right. The actual time is unimportant because what actually matters is that the space allowed is just to facilitate a story. Bendis would likely love it if you read both books, but he's not making it so you have to. Bendis said the books may sometimes intersect in the future, but remain largely to themselves while keeping continuity.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm liking both of Bendis' stories at the moment. In any case, it's better than both Civil Wars and Iron Man.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    We should never underestimate the stupidity of Comic Book Publishers lol.
    I'm sure they learned their lesson after DC You.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm sure they learned their lesson after DC You.
    Heroes In Crisis, Bat Wedding, and everything going on with Dick Grayson say hi

Astonishing Member

I like what I'm reading in both books in terms of Superman the character, although AC is my favorite so far overall.

Astonishing Member

I'm a "proof is in the pudding" sort of gal, so I gonna wait and see before losing it over Bendis' writing. He hasn't made me want to stop reading, in fact I wish we were still getting four books a months instead of two.

Heroes In Crisis, Bat Wedding, and everything going on with Dick Grayson say hi
    All of this. DC sadly haven't learnt their lesson after the New 52 and DC You. They're repeating the same mistakes.

But why would Superman know what Kara or Lois look like with their suits? Why is Bendis contradicting his own writing again like he's done before? Shouldn't be surprised at this point that Bendis can't keep his own internal writing consistent let alone an entire continuity.

Why are we assuming he's contradicting anything when we have zero clue what the context of the panel even is as its incomplete and part of an issue that's months away from release?

Oh, yeah, the irrational Bendis hate. Nevermind.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    But why would Superman know what Kara or Lois look like with their suits?
    The suit Kara is wearing isn't a suit she's ever worn ever in current continuity to my knowledge, so it stands to reason that if this is Kal's inner thoughts then it's just his imagination. And why wouldn't he know what Lois looked like in her Rebirth Superwoman suit? She made a very public debut as Superwoman (still in continuity) and there's also the fact that his literal essence was powering her at the time.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Why is Bendis contradicting his own writing again like he's done before?
    What contradiction?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    All of this. DC sadly haven't learnt their lesson after the New 52 and DC You. They're repeating the same mistakes.
    Let's just hope they don't repeat any with Superman. Bendis is being true to his word for now, and with almost every other couple in DC coming to an end for one bollocks reason or another (the absolute limit fro me lately besides Bat/Cat has been the fact they're breaking up Arthur and Mera, who's engagement was part of Rebirth's opening salvo), we need these two stable