Page 23 of 214 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

From Superman’s Girlfriend, Lois Lane #31 - “The Magic Spectacles!” (1962):

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

XD From Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane #37 (1962):

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

SV gifset:

Part 2:

BANNED

BANNED

Action#1002

spoilers:
    Clark finds out Lois is back!

Her response when she takes the wig off is quite cute ("Hi Honey")
    end of spoilers

Pity we have to wait another month
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-22-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

I love that last page.

BANNED

An interesting essay on Lois and Clark from the author of Blue Blood Heroes

I mentioned earlier I was pretty much writing her as Lois Lane and I meant it; she's kinda exactly what I pictured Lois would be like if Superman never came into the picture. In fact, writing this sequence really made me appreciate how likeable Lois is.

Lois has always been consistently written in the comics (well, other than the Silver Age) as being incredibly career-driven and focused on making a difference in the world through journalism. The next page of Blues shows that Margret isn't really interested in dating anyone seriously and wants to focus on her career, and that's always been the way Lois has been handled. While she flirted with Superman constantly, it was almost six decades of comics before she was willing to actually settle down and marry the big guy, and a few decades more before she agreed to have a kid (for the record, I've read the comics with Clark and Lois's son Jon and he's friggin' adorable).

But despite being extremely ambitious and cynical, Lois was also always written to be a compassionate and socially-conscious person. Her focus on journalism has always been geared toward exposing corruption and lies and attempting to make life better for people who don't have a voice. That's why despite not being interested in dating she eventually fell for Superman. It wasn't just "Hey, he's Superman, he's awesome," it was the fact that he was pure-hearted, intelligent, and determined on a level she genuinely didn't believe could exist when she first met him. I got the impression that if Superman had never come along she'd have had a perfectly happy life just being single and being awesome at standing up for the little guy in between her bi-weekly kidnappings.

Lois, only got involved with Superman because he had intelligence, compassion, and integrity. While he has other virtues, Marvelous Man is too self-involved to really embody those other traits to any great degree, and as such he couldn't woo Margret. I dunno, this has kinda been an odd way of summing this up, but Marvelous Man was written to subvert a lot of comic tropes I tend to see a lot, and one of the more annoying ones is not giving the main character and love interest any chemistry. Just putting one in the scenario where they save the other a lot (this happens a LOT in film adaptations). Lois and Clark were always the gold standard to me for superhero romances, which owes a lot to Lois being such a well-written, multi-dimensional character. Making an expy of her was a lot more fun than I was expecting, to the point that I might need her to show up in the future.

Oh, speaking of the future, if you can't tell where this is going... uh.... strap in.
    http://bluebloodheroes.thecomicseries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

This was a great read! This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Lois Lane and her relationship with Clark/Superman.

Who is this person? Never heard of this comic series. Is it popular?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This was a great read! This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Lois Lane and her relationship with Clark/Superman.

Who is this person? Never heard of this comic series. Is it popular?
    I'm quite a fan of it, the guy is a regular on the Freaking Awesome wrestling forums...not sure if it's incredibly popular, but it and one other he works on (Wright as Rain) are good ways to pass an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Aww! Beautiful art:

Aww! Clarkie is blushing!!

Loving this artwork!
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

And Clark's glasses:

This scene is so intimate and sexy.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

That's kinda the way I'd picture Lois as a man, really. Heh

SV gifset:

The way she gets to him is fantastic to watch, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Wow, that's a pretty good summarization of Lois and her relationship with Superman.