Page 27 of 214 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Hello everyone, my username is Akane and I'm new!

I'm here because I'm a big fan of Lois and Clark and I wanted to share with other fans my love for this fictional couple. I'm from South America and here the comics are not very popular, so I've followed the story of Lois and Clark through the movies and television series like Smallville and Lois & Clark. And of course, I can not wait to see them together in Supergirl (although I stopped watching the show in the middle of the second season, I'm not going to miss this crossover), I can not wait to see what their relationship will be like and what actress they will choose to play the role of Lois.

I have been reading your comments for a while now and I love all the gifs and fanarts that you guys publish daily, I hope I can help by bringing more Clois content .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post

I'm here because I'm a big fan of Lois and Clark and I wanted to share with other fans my love for this fictional couple. I'm from South America and here the comics are not very popular, so I've followed the story of Lois and Clark through the movies and television series like Smallville and Lois & Clark. And of course, I can not wait to see them together in Supergirl (although I stopped watching the show in the middle of the second season, I'm not going to miss this crossover), I can not wait to see what their relationship will be like and what actress they will choose to play the role of Lois.

I have been reading your comments for a while now and I love all the gifs and fanarts that you guys publish daily, I hope I can help by bringing more Clois content .
    Welcome, you're among friends. Thanks for your story, always nice to see Clois from a more international perspective.

As for Supergirl, I'm in the same boat as you...stopped when the Mon-El romance kicked off in season two and never caught up, though I kept tabs on it through reaction channels.

Thanks for the welcome Yeah, Mon-el was one of the reasons why I stopped watching the Show. Something I did like was the choice of Tyler as Superman, I have to admit that I didn't like him initially, but after seeing his performance I changed my mind, he seemed charismatic and cheerful, he reminded me of Dean Cain.

BANNED

Whew. There's a lot of content to catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    It's a bird...it's a plane...it's...Superwoman!!

I love this so much!

The last picture...I really want to see Lois and Jon's adventures across the universe. I don't think we'll get that, but hey, one can dream.
    I would love to read that. Provided that it’s written by someone else. I’m still not really feeling Bendis at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Who is your fave Clark and Lois?

I really like Henry and Amy, but I'm also in love with Superman and Lois from the new Death of Superman movie. Also All Star Superman versions.
    Erica and Tom are my favorite live action versions of Lois and Clark . Though Terri and Dean and Amy and Henry both hold a special place in my heart. I also agree with both you and Tomari that Rebecca and Jerry in DOS were amazing. They were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    An interesting essay on Lois and Clark from the author of Blue Blood Heroes

I mentioned earlier I was pretty much writing her as Lois Lane and I meant it; she's kinda exactly what I pictured Lois would be like if Superman never came into the picture. In fact, writing this sequence really made me appreciate how likeable Lois is.

Lois has always been consistently written in the comics (well, other than the Silver Age) as being incredibly career-driven and focused on making a difference in the world through journalism. The next page of Blues shows that Margret isn't really interested in dating anyone seriously and wants to focus on her career, and that's always been the way Lois has been handled. While she flirted with Superman constantly, it was almost six decades of comics before she was willing to actually settle down and marry the big guy, and a few decades more before she agreed to have a kid (for the record, I've read the comics with Clark and Lois's son Jon and he's friggin' adorable).

But despite being extremely ambitious and cynical, Lois was also always written to be a compassionate and socially-conscious person. Her focus on journalism has always been geared toward exposing corruption and lies and attempting to make life better for people who don't have a voice. That's why despite not being interested in dating she eventually fell for Superman. It wasn't just "Hey, he's Superman, he's awesome," it was the fact that he was pure-hearted, intelligent, and determined on a level she genuinely didn't believe could exist when she first met him. I got the impression that if Superman had never come along she'd have had a perfectly happy life just being single and being awesome at standing up for the little guy in between her bi-weekly kidnappings.

Lois, only got involved with Superman because he had intelligence, compassion, and integrity. While he has other virtues, Marvelous Man is too self-involved to really embody those other traits to any great degree, and as such he couldn't woo Margret. I dunno, this has kinda been an odd way of summing this up, but Marvelous Man was written to subvert a lot of comic tropes I tend to see a lot, and one of the more annoying ones is not giving the main character and love interest any chemistry. Just putting one in the scenario where they save the other a lot (this happens a LOT in film adaptations). Lois and Clark were always the gold standard to me for superhero romances, which owes a lot to Lois being such a well-written, multi-dimensional character. Making an expy of her was a lot more fun than I was expecting, to the point that I might need her to show up in the future.

Oh, speaking of the future, if you can't tell where this is going... uh.... strap in.

http://bluebloodheroes.thecomicseries.com/
    Thank you so much for sharing the quote, Miles. I love this person’s perspective on how Lois views Clark.
    Last edited by rosawater; 08-24-2018 at 04:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

By Ben Dale:

Seeing art that includes Lois and Jon is always a major plus in my book.

By immarart:

[/img]

I love these so much. Simply beautiful.

BANNED

Hi there Akane! Welcome to the board! It's always nice to meet a new Clois fan. I also can't wait to see them together in Supergirl. I was so happy to read that announcement and now I'm super excited to see them in action. I can't wait to see they cast as Lois. Whoever the person is, they'll have big shoes ( Terri/Erica/Amy ) to fill. They managed to get me actually interested in the crossover, ha.

I love your username, btw. It reminds me of Akane Tendo of Ranma 1/2.
    Last edited by rosawater; 08-24-2018 at 04:07 PM.

BANNED

And more Jon Kent (so adorable!):

Both of these are so...ADORABLE.

Hi Akane!! Welcome to the thread, so happy to see you're enjoying all the Clois we have here. Feel free to post all the Clois fanart, videos, manips, etc., that you want to share with us.

Last edited by TomariS; 08-24-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post

Thanks for sharing, _Beautiful_Temptress_ and Miles To Go!! ^_^
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

More LnC, and sexy Clois, thanks guys!

Superman and his Superwoman, hehe. =)

I trust Bendis, though I think it's more Didio and Lee people don't trust

My personal approach is "wait and see."

Clois & other power couples...and their epic covers:

via jetslay

Lovely drawings!

Hehe...before:

Haha, he knew how to push her boundaries.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

^_^ And after:

In life I'm Clark. Minus the superpowers, of course.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Past (S8) and present (S10)...