Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hopefully her TV series ties into her being a mutant
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Itīs probable the MCU will use the series to develop Wandaīs character and introduce the concept of mutants and maybe Magneto or the X-men to Marvel studios, Wanda already has links to the Avengers and her actress has talked about being interested in doing a modified version of House of M. I also hope we see more of Pietro.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Post Jmc247 Thanks new

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her getting those things have nothing to do with whether she's Magneto's daughter or not...
    Well, it sort of does because none of it would have happened if Joss Whedon hadn't introduced a version of the character who wasn't Magneto's daughter (which is the only version they had the rights to introduce), maybe because he read Avengers comics before she became Magneto's daughter and didn't consider it important to her character.

Being Magneto's daughter in the comics had a ripple effect on Wanda and Pietro in other media because he's a much more famous character than they are. So they were left out of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon and mostly appeared in X-Men media as Magneto's children. That was not good for them, especially Wanda.

I agree though that this has nothing to do with Wanda ceasing to be Magneto's daughter in the comics, that was pointless. I'm just glad the MCU didn't think she had to be Magneto's daughter because otherwise the X-Men series would have had her in a bit part.

Well given Wanda and Pietro were being battled over by Fox and the MCU for their rights precisely because they were Magnetoīs children I would said that it was a factor in them having a movie appareance in the MCU, even if characterwise Wanda story has been more about Vision than her and Pietro was killed off because Whedon didnīt like him, but he liked Wanda and Vision romance story. MCU has been good for Wanda but not for Pietro, who got better treament on Fox imo.

So I would not say that them being Magnetoīs children was the main reason but it was a factor in them being in the MCU, because at the moment it helped Marvel to argue their rights towards the X-men. Fox also was allowed to use them, but not their real names or the Avengers, thatīs why they focused on Pietro because he has a larger story on the mutant side of marvel.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well given Wanda and Pietro were being battled over by Fox and the MCU for their rights precisely because they were Magnetoīs children I would said that it was a factor in them having a movie appareance in the MCU, even if characterwise Wanda story has been more about Vision than her and Pietro was killed off because Whedon didnīt like him, but he liked Wanda and Vision romance story. MCU has been good for Wanda but not for Pietro, who got better treament on Fox imo.

So I would not say that them being Magnetoīs children was the main reason but it was a factor in them being in the MCU, because at the moment it helped Marvel to argue their rights towards the X-men. Fox also was allowed to use them, but not their real names or the Avengers, thatīs why they focused on Pietro because he has a larger story on the mutant side of marvel.
    That's a fair point.

Plus some of what got them confined to the X-Men media was their origin as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, which would be the same whether or not Magneto had ever been retconned into being their dad.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's a fair point.

Plus some of what got them confined to the X-Men media was their origin as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, which would be the same whether or not Magneto had ever been retconned into being their dad.
    if Magneto was never retconned into being their Dad I believe they would be just Avengers characters, not X-men characters and the media would reflect this, because they were part of the Brotherhood during the silver age but if they didnīt have any links to the mutants anymore, then there would be no reason for them to be on X-men media, what the retcon did was make them potentially characters of both the Avengers and the X-men, so they could be on media for both teams, but it depends on the idea the creators want to develop imo, be it the family side or the Avengers side of their characterization.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hopefully her TV series ties into her being a mutant
    I would prefer Agatha, Wundagore, New Salem, the more important stuff rather than a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would prefer Agatha, Wundagore, New Salem, the more important stuff rather than a tag.
    Given the other name dropped was Loki it makes me wonder if these shows will have themes. Loki and Scarlet Witch magic maybe next Hawkeye and War Machine separate series exploring espionage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Given the other name dropped was Loki it makes me wonder if these shows will have themes. Loki and Scarlet Witch magic maybe next Hawkeye and War Machine separate series exploring espionage.
    It would be cool if they use a Mystic Arcana structure, like those shows share a storyteller.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    ... What good did Magneto ever do for her?

Funny how much of this seems rather relevant right now, potentially, in both the comics & live action: the fam, Genosha, Apocalypse...
    "Hello Jean, I've missed you."

And per Elizabeth Olsen: CBR.com, Scarlet Witch Actor Now Wants Solo Movie, Suggests House of M Adaptation

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If the creators are capable, both can be achieved successfully, there's no reason it has to be one or the other.

Extraordinary Member

Apocalypse is hardly a good example, she is just there as the dying daughter and creating sad drama for Magneto.
    Genosha, the one time she yelled a few words or as the sanctury before her limbo sentence?

And, I love Lizzie for what she did for Wanda, but I can't stand HoM, even from her mouth. She doesn't understand the loads of crap Wanda got from that.
    And yet another "cool story" at the cost of Wanda's own interest.

She suggests it because like every casual fan, she only knows this one famous story, yup, such a sad truth. Wanda Maximoff, famous for decimating mutants and screw herself into limbo for 7 years.

The series is limited, I would rather see her own stuff and her supporting characters than "contributing to cinematic mutant cause."

BANNED

The clip was just meant as a reference to what I thought was her eXcellent portrayal overall, as a daughter of M in that animated show. The teXt was just an observation of the current, larger goings on, and not aimed at her character specifically.

Her being established as a Mutant in the eXclusive, Disney Play limited series, could just as easily be an underlying, artfully cool subplot, with minimal impact on time consumption.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-19-2018 at 11:18 PM.

BANNED

Oh, and like much of the MCU fare, an HoM adaption could be in name only.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Oh, and like much of the MCU fare, an HoM adaption could be in name only.
    Yeah, but I curse that very name, I don't want the rotten skin as well as its rotten core.

It would be fine if it's like Nights of Wundagore where her father/mother are only mentioned by H.E, but to be honest I would prefer her being orphan of Wundagore than daughter of M.
    If they somehow can pull this off without mutant tag taking over more than it should, then by all means, do it.
    But stories like HoM, AoA? I think I will pass, get someone else to play the sad, broken daughter.