Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Called it, officially, like 3 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    You sure about that? 'Cause this sounds better:

... and could make perfect sense. Given what we were shown through CW, retroactively designating the twins as Mutants, shouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would fit nicely & work quite well, almost like it was meant to be. Unless somethin' more was added in IW, that elaborated on the origin of their abilities, I'd say the door was left open on purpose. Call it hedging your bets, and think... 'latent'. Then look to their former/soon to be again in the near future half-sister Polaris' first appearance, and her debut storyline, in the original run of the comics.
    They were the only ones to survive Strucker's eXperiments... why? They were referred to as 'enhanced', which was more about what they could do, not what they are. It was said the stone in Loki's scepter "unlocked" their powers, suggesting they were not only latent, but inherent. Vision's a synthetic being, Wanda is not. There's wiggle room there, at the very least.
    Oh, and it wouldn't be backtracking, as much as it would be fillin' in.
    Agreed, latent Mutant powers being activated by an outside, usually tech source, is comics canon. Hence why I brought up Polaris, in particular, due to her association with the twins & Mags. And this, has never been eXplicitly specified, that I know of.

Edit: So no need to change anything, just clarify.
    Just wanted to elaborate a lil' bit, on the the twins.

Doubt that's by accident. More like, by design. Use your imagination, and think... PSIONICS. Not only in relation to the plethora of TP/TK Mutants, but even beyond, to the elementals & various energy generators/conduits. It's so obvious, even a blind person could see it.
    Let the healing BEGIN! You're welcome, Marvel, and thank you. Man, Witchfan's gonna be SO mad...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wait, we have a scoop they're going to get Wanda to be a mutant in the MCU? That's great but... odds are they will recast a Polaris

I dont know if that's good for The Gifted either

And HA, let's be the bigger people and not mock folks who preferred her as a non mutant and non connected with Mags
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wait, we have a scoop they're going to get Wanda to be a mutant in the MCU? That's great but... odds are they will recast a Polaris 8(

I dont know if that's good for The Gifted either 8(

And HA, let's be the bigger people and not mock folks who preferred her as a non mutant and non connected with Mags
    Ya gotta keep that anti-Disney bias in check better, AN.

And Witchfan gives as good or better, than Witchfan gets. But I'll try, Mom, if only for you. Make no promises, tho, gotta keep that backdoor open. I'm like those gray area characters & themes you champion so much, and sometimes just feel like teasingly fighting fire with fire. Which seems in line with your usual stance, on such matters. And remember, when you play with...

... you can get burned.

Ya gotta keep that anti-Disney bias in check better, AN.

And Witchfan gives as good or better, than Witchfan gets. But I'll try, Mom, if only for you. Make no promises, tho, gotta keep that backdoor open. I'm like those gray area characters & themes you champion so much, and sometimes just feel like teasingly fighting fire with fire. Which seems in line with your usual stance, on such matters. And remember, when you play with...

... you can get burned.
    Well I like these things as explorations in fiction but in my personal life I try to be more of a "white hat" probably

And I mean idk if it's a "bias" against Disney I just really like the current portrayal of Polaris (well I did until a few days ago anyway)

OBEY

Thanks jmc247 gif

BANNED

Well I like these things as explorations in fiction but in my personal life I try to be more of a "white hat" probably

And I mean idk if it's a "bias" against Disney I just really like the current portrayal of Polaris (well I did until a few days ago anyway)
    Well, of course. You're so serious, lol. Sure wish you'd nurture your sense of humor a li'l more, bub. And have faith also, it'll be good if not better, I'm almost sure of it.

BANNED

Really likin' those latest 2 gifs, and Emma D. lookin' so much more curvaceous.

Well, of course. You're so serious, lol. Sure wish you'd nurture your sense of humor a li'l more, bub. And have faith also, it'll be good if not better, I'm almost sure of it.
    Sorry I can't always tell on here!

I'll try to be optimistic it's a struggle though

Really likin' those latest 2 gifs, and Emma D. lookin' so much more curvaceous.
    Yeah I'm very pleased she is back to her like "all black" numbers again

I'm just so confused now about her role on the show like...

Was she just venting/exaggerating in that interview?

Because it seems she will definitely still be detached from Underground, a menacing badass, and so on

We'll just have to find out if she's engaged in some misdirection or what

OBEY

curiosity cbr list mention havok with Polaris Hulk 150
    https://www.cbr.com/superheroes-hulk...-cannot-stand/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    art by Diego Bernard
    Last edited by juan678; 09-15-2018 at 03:18 AM.

More Cosplay house of M art by f1hell

BANNED

... Was she just venting/exaggerating in that interview?...
    I'm starting to lean towards that. I think she's rather adverse to the sudden, young mother aspect of her character, and really struggling to reconcile with it.

Yeah I'm very pleased she is back to her like "all black" numbers again

I'm just so confused now about her role on the show like...

Was she just venting/exaggerating in that interview?

Because it seems she will definitely still be detached from Underground, a menacing badass, and so on

We'll just have to find out if she's engaged in some misdirection or what
    The twirling one is something done for The Gifted on Fox's promotion team, not sure about the second. But, here is what I have to say and watching this video is important.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGifted...835904/video/1

Do they make her a manipulated indecisive victim of Reeva's mechanizations? Then you get to the question of Lorna's role this season. From what she says she disagrees with Reeva on everything much like Catlin did with Lorna.

The big question between Lorna and the Frost's early on seems to be will she trust Esme with her baby. Then the baby goes through sickness issues. The mom aspect of this season especially with the extra characters and Lorna not actually leading anything for at least most of the season its easy to see could become overbearing. Add that onto Reeva seeming to own Lorna's spine in her purse for at minimum quite awhile and you can see how that would cause pretty clear resentment.

Will they veer hard into the direction of making Lorna the season one Catlin of the Inner Circle only being played for some grand manipulation? Then the question becomes what does Lorna learn and where does it take her? Does she end up just running to the Underground tail between her legs or make her own group with Esme, Andy and others? Does it turn into something more akin to a real Hellfire Club with separate factions and a white and black queen?

Underlying all of this comes down to if present mutant teams at conflict with deep seated issues or really presenting one mutant team vs Reeva with a bunch of manipulated minions under her in a standard 60s Brotherhood. By the late Fall it will be more clear.

In terms of the interviews Emma does some of it is canned promotional stuff she knows fans want to hear, but some of it is how she is actually feeling about things at a given moment. Which is which is for the fans to sort out.

A lot! Mostly Lorna is gonna have to face her family history and that she really is mutant royalty. Whether she likes it or not – she is so much like her father. She’s also going to realize that maybe her and Marcos don’t have a fairy tale ending like she always thought they would. If he’s not willing to fight this war with her against injustice, she can’t stay with him. Overall, there is a lot of crazy stuff to come for Lorna. Our show runner Matt Nix likes to say that in season 2 we start to really see Lorna become the Polaris from the comics. Ahhh I’m so excited.

http://mommyandmenews.com/getting-to-know-emma-dumont/
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.