115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle and Yost

68 59.13%
  • Remender

47 40.87%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default X-force by Klye y Yost is better than x-force by REMENDER

I think x-force of kyle and yost is much better. This is well overrated.

Who else agrees?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Kyle & Yost are a great combo when writing any X-comic!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Unglaublich!

Yes. I didn't really enjoy Remender's UXF, but K&Y's X-Force was superb!

Not.
    Even.
    Close.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I felt like Kyle & Yost's X-Force tied more closely to what the story premise should be. A wetworks blackops team dealing with dangerous anti-mutant threats and the ramification(s) of HoM. Purifers, Sapien League, etc... The character moments dealing with moral dilemmas of killing seemed better executed as well.

Remember's X-Force for comparison had Apocalypse as it's primary villain and had little do with mutant themes or dealing with the state of the franchise. This story could've been told in any other X-book (minus the killing) as a typical story.

So yeah, Kyle & Yost I enjoyed a lot more.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Yeah I always preferred the yost X-force run to remember I like both but I really liked the arcs and roster better in the Chris yost X-force and the art is beautifully drawn very detailed and photorealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I felt like Kyle & Yost's X-Force tied more closely to what the story premise should be. A wetworks blackops team dealing with dangerous anti-mutant threats and the ramification(s) of HoM. Purifers, Sapien League, etc... The character moments dealing with moral dilemmas of killing seemed better executed as well.

Remember's X-Force for comparison had Apocalypse as it's primary villain and had little do with mutant themes or dealing with the state of the franchise. This story could've been told in any other X-book (minus the killing) as a typical story.

So yeah, Kyle & Yost I enjoyed a lot more.
    They murdered a kid!

that can NOT be any other X man book at all

you cannot go "minus the killing" here lol.

Remender was actually able to make Fantomex interesting, Deadpool more "real," and less cartoonish, Psylocke somethign more than a ass cheeks and a sword, and satisfactorily brought the Arch Angel thing to some sort of a good conclusion for that aspet fo the character.

Yosts X force was a good book but Remender's was next level ****
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not.
    Even.
    Close.
    Co-signed.

Lol this is going to bring a lot of arguing. Remender's run has a lot of fans. And I've seen people complain about K&Y's stories and Crain's art.

Personally, I lost interest after the Dark Angel saga, but I intend to go back someday and read the rest.

I loved K&Y's run though. The stories had a lot of urgency to them, and I just enjoyed it a lot.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I don't know yost's X-force had X-23 and domino I love Laura and neena. I really liked the arcs for necrosha, messiah complex, messiah war, and second coming not forgotten too, and the sex and violence limited series was a really fun read especially with Gabrielle del Otto art whose such a talented artist it's a shame he doesn't draw interiors as much anymore he mostly does covers he's the cover artist on the clone conspiracy from spider man.

I agree though that remender definitely went and did some pretty epic scale story arcs and no doubt had many great character development for the characters especially pyslocke whose a favorite of mine.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I thought that Remender's run peaked higher with the Dark Angel Saga, but the arcs following were pretty average and the series ending was really weak, especially with Daken's death topping off his awful characterization.

On the other hand, K&Y's run was consistently solid throughout. The only real negative is that it, after the first arc, they seemed to kind of run out of ideas for Wolfsbane.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I thought that Remender's run peaked higher with the Dark Angel Saga, but the arcs following were pretty average and the series ending was really weak, especially with Daken's death topping off his awful characterization.
    I think every run that ended around there ended a little differently than writers probably intended because of AvX. That event basically derailed the entire X-Line.

And even then, I still vote Remender's. It was epic.. larger than life. I thoroughly enjoyed the arcs following DAS.
    Last edited by cc008; 12-13-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Spectacular Member

I may be the only one but I never liked Remender's stories. Not only in X-force, alsoı in Uncanny Avengers etc. Remender tends to write too big. Kyle & Yost's X-Force was the reason I started reading x stories again.

However, me not liking Remender's style does not mean much. everyone has different tastes afterall

No it was not.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Yosts X force was a good book but Remender's was ****
    Removed those unnecessary words for you...