Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The question about the Axis retcon is whether the editors did it under protest or whether they actually liked it. If they hated it they would not say so in public of course - but the retcon does do some things that Tom Brevoort probably likes, like eliminate the issue of how old Magneto's children are supposed to be (for Wanda and Pietro, I mean). Plus it marks them as clearly belonging to Brevoort's Avengers office, though that's probably always been the case (the X-Men line has never been able to use them much unless Brevoort agrees to it).

Most people know Wanda and Pietro as Magneto's children and I think that might create pressure for them to be restored as his children, but the merger won't end the fact that the Avengers office is considered to have dibs on them, and that it's not in the Avengers office's interest to have them re-connected to the X-line.

I admit I have mixed feelings about the family, mostly because I'm still mad that Wanda and Pietro were wasted as supporting characters in Wolverine and the X-Men and not allowed to appear in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, which was constantly writing Wanda out of Avengers stories she originally appeared in. I think the idea that they were Magneto's children first and foremost really hurt them, but the retcon was still stupid. I'd be fine if they undid it as long as it didn't create the impression that Magneto's daughter is the main thing Wanda is.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    One can contrast and compare on their the characters, but I more meant in terms of not exactly being an idealized nuclear family. They are their own unique dynamic.

Anyway.

OMG that is a gorgeous Magneto! So different from the Fleer Ultra 2018 garbage. This was from SDCC this year? It's probably too expensive for me, but it's beautiful!

And who says any fictional family is an ideal nuclear family? That's the whole point of fictional families; the drama, the dissension, the family fireworks. Who wants to read about or watch the perfect family, even in comedies. Watching "Succession" on HBO -- they have nothing on the Magnus Family, LOL! I think M. Rosenberg was trolling us about reversing the Axis retcon, by the way. Why do all Marvel people think this is such a joke?

Note: I just went and looked up the SideShow Magneto. The head is exchangeable, and it's going for $750. now. Argh!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    ... I think M. Rosenberg was trolling us about reversing the Axis retcon, by the way. ...
    IDK 'bout trolling, but yeah, of course. Much like the question itself, pretty sure the response was said, with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I mean, Mags & fam are WAY too well bred, for the lowbrow antics of Maury's show.

Question return in the future gifted? no more polaris Dreamer

no

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I admit I have mixed feelings about the family, mostly because I'm still mad that Wanda and Pietro were wasted as supporting characters in Wolverine and the X-Men and not allowed to appear in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, which was constantly writing Wanda out of Avengers stories she originally appeared in.
    Oh, when I say they were "wasted" I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought their portrayal in WatXM was terrible, just that I would have preferred to see them in the Avengers cartoon and WatXM stood in the way of that happening (when they were writing Avengers: EMH, WatXM wasn't yet cancelled, so it had dibs on the twins).

But this is the problem with Marvel's treatment of the twins. There's no reason they can't be both Magneto's children and important Avengers characters, but Marvel keeps acting like they have to be one or the other.

Gifted 2x7 two new pic behind scene Today

Blue’s end and Extermination planned pre-Jordan White era according to the author of X-Men Extermination.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-26-2018 at 08:19 PM.

New Florka

Gifted Polaris Figuras

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Thanks Jmc247

part 1 of 2