Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    gifted cast party now
    more

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

LOL, funny.

Marvel Entertainment is promoting the show more this year then last Summer so far.

Now that Magneto is a bad guy again, is the House of Magnus dead? Will Polaris want anything to do with him anymore? Will she make a heel turn also?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Now that Magneto is a bad guy again, is the House of Magnus dead? Will Polaris want anything to do with him anymore? Will she make a heel turn also?
    That's what I'm thinking. This is my fear. I can't tell you how depressing this is, given everything else that's happening in the world. It's like we're regressing to more unjust, primitive times in our fiction as well as the real world.

And I keep saying it, so forgive the repetition, but there were so many ways Marvel, Mr. Bunn, the X-Office could have brought Magneto back to an adversarial role besides waving the magic-villain wand. This is so depressing, so disappointing. Polaris should be there with Magneto on Asteroid M, no f*cking throne either--what an idiotic thing to do to Magneto. Instead we'll probably get the full-on Wanda and Pietro treatment--"I hate you daddy," "You're a terrible man, I hate you," "Bad daddy, bad bad, I don't want to talk to you again."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. This is my fear. I can't tell you how depressing this is, given everything else that's happening in the world. It's like we're regressing to more unjust, primitive times in our fiction as well as the real world.

And I keep saying it, so forgive the repetition, but there were so many ways Marvel, Mr. Bunn, the X-Office could have brought Magneto back to an adversarial role besides waving the magic-villain wand. This is so depressing, so disappointing. Polaris should be there with Magneto on Asteroid M, no f*cking throne either--what an idiotic thing to do to Magneto. Instead we'll probably get the full-on Wanda and Pietro treatment--"I hate you daddy," "You're a terrible man, I hate you," "Bad daddy, bad bad, I don't want to talk to you again."
    Yes, this is hard early 90s nostalgia crap. The family is done in the comics most certainly for the near and medium term. Lorna as a character as well as Magneto are stuck in a hole which serves neither of them.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

I agree. It's really bad in terms of the family dynamics of course. I don't think they even thought about that all though honestly.

It just upsets me how many fans seem to go along with this and not only accept but seemingly be happy about it. How is that possible

My only hope is writers can subvert the editorial push and inject nuance and ambiguity that isn't "supposed" to be present. Like e.g. that mutant child praising Magneto in the future. Or Elixir being part of his squad. Or Briar who is after all a human.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Pretty sure the heel turn is editorial mandate.

Last edited by juan678; 08-31-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 08-31-2018 at 01:41 AM.

repost flashback Fan Expo

Last edited by juan678; 09-02-2018 at 03:29 AM.