Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is this the first time Peter's made out with a woman who was once dead and then came back to life?

(Clones don't count, lol.)
    He made out with Mockingbird.

Black Cat's also been believed dead twice.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Technically Mockingbird never actually died. She got abducted by aliens .

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Mockingbird was replaced by a Skrull. She doesn't count.

Believed dead is not the same as actually being dead. Like, we saw MJ in a body bag dead.

(Although we don't actually know if Peter saw her in that body bag. And we probably never will because I doubt Amazing Spider-Man will reference something from a Jessica Jones book. )

BANNED

ASM #6 preview.

https://www.cbr.com/preview-amazing-spider-man-6/

Preview says Peter is "back together" with Spider-Man, "back together" with Mary Jane (but not in the same way he is with Spidey, lol), and back together with Randy Robertson (but not in the same way as the previous two, lol).

Our brief shot of Peter in this preview is a panel of him and Mary Jane making out.
    Peter refers to MJ as his "supermodel girlfriend", is this an indicator she's gone back to her old profession, or is it just Peter referring to it jokingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter refers to MJ as his "supermodel girlfriend", is this an indicator she's gone back to her old profession, or is it just Peter referring to it jokingly?
    Your guess is as good as mine, lol.

Unless she got a hefty severance package from Stark Industries, I have to imagine she's got some kind of job for income.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Very happy to read "Now I feel the urge to rewrite that scene you just posted." Any story, idea, ad, or whatever can get a person emotional invested or active in some way can be a good thing. Sparking something. While we are different people with different experiences and options I would be interested in you take.
    Plus reading ideas from you that maybe I won't agree with but still good to see how you think plus some I might or others I don't but might build from. Ideas bouncing off of each other building up.

How this was influenced was not just me wanting to save that character and give her a way to play a role and be integrated not just with Peter but others in the cast grealty MJ allowing her to further develop as a character in herself and individual. To provide balances and aspects that others might not be able to give at the time that maybe she can. Furthermore have the bonded three each having different aspects from each other that offers a character balance plus play off of each other and making them a sort of 'three amigos' spirit in some form.

Other influences is that I'm a MJ and a Gwen fan. Some people say that can't be (I have been told) but I love so many that both versions have in the Multiverse. Some think in 'absolutes' '(what we feel is) status quo is god' or 'our side only or your our enemy' thinking. But the Multiverse allows and should have different versions and 'fates'. Plus we write what we would enjoy reading. As a MJ and Gwen fan I would want versions of them in some form to be different from each other yet sisters or best friends. I hate that old fashioned thinking love triangle so I would want to avoid it yet show love and bonds between the three if/is possible. Such aspects and more goes into when i think up or ideas come to me for various possible MJs and Gwens from stories and what if to new worlds and tales. Many times I'm thinking of MJs and Gwens character versions and ideas without Peter in the equation or not as much so focusing on those two as the center roles.
    Well, After thinking a few more times I decided to write out what I imagine a meeting between Hydro-MJ and the original to be like:

Peter and Mary-Jane Parker walked through what looked like Central Park, but just slightly different. Madame Webb had told her that the original Mary-Jane Watson was here somewhere. She'd also told them that in this world there was no Spider-Man or Hydro-Woman, so they were dressed to blend in. It didn't take long to spot a woman reading a book under a street light.

Mary-Jane looked over as she saw some people walking towards her. While she often came here to relax, she never let her guard down. She dropped her book in surprise when she saw Peter standing there. "What no webs?" she said as she jumped up to greet him. When she got halfway to him she froze. Standing next to him was... herself?

"Hi MJ," the two of them said almost in unison. "You wouldn't beleive how long we've been looking for you." Peter finished.

"Wait, who are you?" she demanded in confusion when both of them acted happy to see her.

"I'm sure you remember Morrie Bench." the other MJ said. When she nodded yes, the other MJ continued, "Well, after he died/evaporated/whatever it was this creep named Miles Warren made a clone of Morrie. Well, Morrie's clone got lonely and Miles decided to do something to keep him happy."

"Wait, you're a clone of me?" MJ sounded surprised when she said it, but it did explain why the woman looked exactly like her. The clone of her fidgeted and nodded but as she did so MJ noticed a shiny ring on her hand... and Peter's. MJ looked over at Peter in shock, "You.... you married a clone of me?!?!?"

"I... well.. I didn't know she was a clone." Peter stammered in reply.

MJ simply glowered at him instead of replying. But then the clone spoke up. "It's true." MJ's only reply was an angry glare. But the clone continued, "He didn't know, I didn't know either!" MJ simply gave her a puzzled look and waited for her to explain. "All I knew was that I'd woken up on a table in Miles Warren's lab with Morrie standing over me acting like I was supposed to be his pet. I got out of there the first opportunity I could find, and this nice man named Frank Castle was helpful enough to give me a ride home. Then, well..." the clone got this far away look in her eyes as if her memories were clearer than her surroundings. She suddenly blushed and snapped back to normal before continuing "I found it hard to think about anything other than how much i loved Peter and how much I wanted him to be happy." MJ looked over at Peter and saw that her clone had made him very happy. In fact as her clone started to ramble about the things she and Peter had done together MJ couldn't help but think that it's exactly what she would have done if she'd had the opportunity.

"Wait what?!?" She suddenly blurted out, "YOU fought Morrie?" she said staring in disbelief at her clone.

"Yeah," the clone said with a goofy grin. "Some people call me Hydro-Woman" she said as she changed into liquid form.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-22-2018 at 11:14 PM.

An article on MJ's role in Insomniac's Spider-Man.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-marvels-s...com-1829069087

Can't say I agree entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    An article on MJ's role in Insomniac's Spider-Man.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-marvels-s...com-1829069087

Can't say I agree entirely.
    A part of me really hates it when classic MJ just gets reduced to an attractive redhead who always just waited by a window, so that MJ having agency and drive in the game is somehow "new" or a change for the character. It's like when people badmouth 616 Mary Jane just because she's sexy and flaunts it.

Or that not being a damsel in distress is somehow a change-of-pace. Like, Jonathan Ceasar? That stalker they bring up? MJ took care of that by herself.

And I love how they bring up the relationship being distinct from Superman and Lois Lane when this version of Mary Jane is so much like Lois (even the Honest Trailer made fun of it) .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me really hates it when classic MJ just gets reduced to an attractive redhead who always just waited by a window, so that MJ having agency and drive in the game is somehow "new" or a change for the character. It's like when people badmouth 616 Mary Jane just because she's sexy and flaunts it.

Or that not being a damsel in distress is somehow a change-of-pace. Like, Jonathan Ceasar? That stalker they bring up? MJ took care of that by herself.

And I love how they bring up the relationship being distinct from Superman and Lois Lane when this version of Mary Jane is so much like Lois (even the Honest Trailer made fun of it) .
    Part of me? All of me hates it, as someone who's finally been catching up on the older comics and how dynamic Mary Jane was in them. The conceit that all she was good for back then was lounging around (in lingerie) waiting for Peter to swing back home to her from a night of crimefighting is a misguided notion that needs to die in a lake of fire already. And then these people need to read the comics, in-depth, before they repeat such misinformation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah in my mind all I was thinking is that made her like Lois Lane or Iris West basically. Like she there no other profession besides being a reporter in which a female character isnt consider a damsel in distress.

BANNED

"I've seen your pictures"[/Boomerang]

No Spidey or MJ appearance in Jessica Jones #3. It was mentioned in passing that the villain attacked MJ because she "insulted" the villain or "got in" the villain's way. (They're really vague about it. Although if I had to theorize the villain's reason for attacking MJ, just based on the story line, I would guess that the villain hit on MJ and she turned him down so he attacked her. This arc was about toxic masculinity and the horrors these terrible men unleash when they don't get what they want.)

Anyways spoilers:
    every one that the villain killed that wasn't already revived ended up being revived when the villain was defeated. So Skein and White Rabbit were confirmed revived.
    end of spoilers

No Spidey or MJ appearance in Jessica Jones #3. It was mentioned in passing that the villain attacked MJ because she "insulted" the villain or "got in" the villain's way. (They're really vague about it. Although if I had to theorize the villain's reason for attacking MJ, just based on the story line, I would guess that the villain hit on MJ and she turned him down so he attacked her. This arc was about toxic masculinity and the horrors these terrible men unleash when they don't get what they want.)
    Sounds kinda timely.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds kinda timely.
    Also don't think it's the first time Mary Jane has had to deal with that, unfortunately...