Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So it looks like the Spider-Verse movie isn't going to do MJ or her fans any favours

spoilers:
    It's emerged that she ends up divorcing and leaving Peter
    end of spoilers

https://whateveraspidercan.com/2018/...peter-parkers/
    That's awful. So the predictions from the second(?) trailer were right. At least one Peter Parker is a complete looser.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The other Peter Parker in the movie is also married to Mary Jane, but he dies 35 minutes in
    end of spoilers

So yeah, if he's not a loser, he's a tragedy.

I've got a feeling the photo of MJ bum Peter is looking at might belong to the one from Miles' dimension...I wonder if we'll see her and get her reaction to things?

I mean, it seems maybe a bit heavy for an animated Spider-Man movie, but this is the advantage of a multiverse. You can take creative risks that a single timeline can hamper with its "permanence" and canon.

BANNED

In some ways, I forgive it because this film was being developed long before Cebulski took over, and Marvel were still very much in an anti-MJ mood with the franchise. I'm still not seeing the film on principle, but it's easy to see where they came from with this. Just a bit jarring given that the comics and Insomniac are doing their darnedest to repair a decade's worth of damage to the character.

This is Sony's thing. How much input does Marvel have?

I'm sorry but, that is NOT a good reason to call for a boycott of something like this.
    Doesn't seem like that big of a problem in context of the story.

We don't know what they divorced about yet. WE can assume based on past comics it was the whole SPider-man lifestyle or dangers issues and stress as many MJs have complained and 616 MJ denied Peter when he first asked for her hand in marriage due to such things (plus not wanting to be tied down feelings). However this MJ and Peter might of split for a time due to non Spider-man things. One person said a rumor it was due to the desire of having kids or not (a real world serious relationship question). If that is true then old Peter time with Miles might lessen his fears of possible fatherhood and he returns to make amends. Just a possibility out of infinite.

Since we have a Multiverse it's no questions various Peters will have possible positive and negative outcomes of various relationships with others and MJ versions is no exceptions. How it's each is presented and is it possible they can reconnect is a question.
    Plus maybe one world has a Peter and MJ in roles similar to the characters Jerry Seinfeld and Elaine Benes. Exs that have a working friendship and spend so much time together to the point others wonder if they will get back together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm sorry but, that is NOT a good reason to call for a boycott of something like this.
    Doesn't seem like that big of a problem in context of the story.
    It's a disgrace to MJ's character and continues to hammer home the idea Peter cannot be fulfilled and is destined to drive himself to self-destruction

People compliant in this is pretty much letting everyone know it's ok to betray the characters,

Boycott.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-19-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    We don't know what they divorced about yet. WE can assume based on past comics it was the whole SPider-man lifestyle or dangers issues and stress as many MJs have complained and 616 MJ denied Peter when he first asked for her hand in marriage due to such things (plus not wanting to be tied down feelings). However this MJ and Peter might of split for a time due to non Spider-man things. One person said a rumor it was due to the desire of having kids or not (a real world serious relationship question). If that is true then old Peter time with Miles might lessen his fears of possible fatherhood and he returns to make amends. Just a possibility out of infinite.

Since we have a Multiverse it's no questions various Peters will have possible positive and negative outcomes of various relationships with others and MJ versions is no exceptions. How it's each is presented and is it possible they can reconnect is a question.
    Plus maybe one world has a Peter and MJ in roles similar to the characters Jerry Seinfeld and Elaine Benes. Exs that have a working friendship and spend so much time together to the point others wonder if they will get back together.
    Exactly, every single version of the characters doesn't have to be the same, that's the point of the Multiverse. Also another reason it's not a big problem, is they aren't the main focus anyway, this is Miles film, with the other Spiders as supporting. We don't even know if MJ has any lines.

It's a disgrace to MJ's character and continues to hammer home the idea Peter cannot be fulfilled and is destined to drive himself to self-destruction

People compliant in this is pretty much letting everyone know it's ok to betray the characters,
    You do know that this is clearly supposed to be the "bad" timeline, especially when it's being contrasted to how perfect the one in Miles' universe is.

Boycott.
    You're making yourself, and all of us, look really bad right now. Please stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You're making yourself, and all of us, look really bad right now. Please stop.
    spoilers:
    Am I the only who sees what damage this is doing, or is going to do?

I'd rather be "that guy" than just let this slip by.

Ten years of putting up with character derailment of Peter and MJ and this is undoubtedly the apex.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Am I the only who sees what damage this is doing, or is going to do?

I'd rather be "that guy" than just let this slip by.
    I disagree with you about a boycott, but I will agree that it's incredibly disheartening, and if true, it's substantially reduced my excitement for the film. I don't see why you have to tear one character (Peter) down to build up another (Miles). I think both are great. (Though, to be fair, it's how it happened in the Ultimate Universe as well, and I was against that as well.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Though, to be fair, it's how it happened in the Ultimate Universe as well, and I was against that as well.)
    spoilers:
    Poor comparison. Ultimate Universe ended with Peter and MJ driving off into the sunset, and last year when we revisited them in Spider-Men II they were still together.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.

OMG you guys just started discussing the spoiler openly I can't even...

If that rumor is true, it really shouldn't have been shared out of context like that. You may have put the actual reveal in the spoiler, but really, there should have been a Major MJ in Spider-Verse spoiler kind of warning. Not cool dude, I didn't expect it to be THAT big a reveal. Especially not in the MJ thread. Could have made a separate spoiler thread for it.

Still going in with an open mind for the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    OMG you guys just started discussing the spoiler openly I can't even...

If that rumor is true, it really shouldn't have been shared out of context like that. You may have put the actual reveal in the spoiler, but really, there should have been a Major MJ in Spider-Verse spoiler kind of warning. Not cool dude, I didn't expect it to be THAT big a reveal. Especially not in the MJ thread. Could have made a separate spoiler thread for it.
    Sorry, I got overemotional about it and didn't think straight.