Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wait, what?
    Yeah, the new digital-original Jessica Jones series. It was a reality warper who somehow excised his "bad half" and said "bad half" was running around killing women, though the murders were simultaneously being undone by the source of the reality warper's power --- his girlfriend, who had bestowed them on him to try to alleviate his envy over her having powers --- which was how Mary Jane ended up coming back in the same issue where she seemingly died. It was a long and complicated story . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, the new digital-original Jessica Jones series. It was a reality warper who somehow excised his "bad half" and said "bad half" was running around killing women, though the murders were simultaneously being undone by the source of the reality warper's power --- his girlfriend, who had bestowed them on him to try to alleviate his envy over her having powers --- which was how Mary Jane ended up coming back in the same issue where she seemingly died. It was a long and complicated story . . .
    To be fair, that's how Jessica Jones and Alias stories have always tended to go, Jessica accidentally gets wrapped up in a bigger complicated story regarding an other more important MU character.

I did wish we could've seen more regarding Peter, MJ, and Jessica in that issue, especially with Jess and Peter's previous experience, but it's not a huge problem for the story overall, and it's just nice to see MJ cameo in other books outside of Spider-Man (and Iron Man), which is really rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, that's how Jessica Jones and Alias stories have always tended to go, Jessica accidentally gets wrapped up in a bigger complicated story regarding an other more important MU character.

I did wish we could've seen more regarding Peter, MJ, and Jessica in that issue, especially with Jess and Peter's previous experience, but it's not a huge problem for the story overall, and it's just nice to see MJ cameo in other books outside of Spider-Man (and Iron Man), which is really rare.
    Same here. What did you think of her appearance in the new Iceman #3, assuming you read it or heard about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. What did you think of her appearance in the new Iceman #3, assuming you read it or heard about it?
    Yep I read it, and that was another really nice cameo, especially because we got to see them on a date. It was also really funny in the context of that issue because it has Iceman and Firestar in the end both lamenting over their poor dates that day, and if this was any other time recently, Spider-Man would be right with them, but instead of ending with a "Oh well we can't find anyone" it's instead "When you find the right person, they'll be that more special"

I've heard that Spider-Man and Mary Jane are back in a relationship again.

Does anyone believe the marriage will also return or is this just the status quo "for now"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I've heard that Spider-Man and Mary Jane are back in a relationship again.

Does anyone believe the marriage will also return or is this just the status quo "for now"?
    I don't think we'll get a proper marriage resolution so long as Quesada's breathing and in a position of power, but I am very confidant they're going to explore OMD again and have Peter and MJ realise what they did and what it cost them.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...38117532803073

Gail Simone:

What was the first comic book character you ever had any kind of crush on?

#comicbookcrush
    https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...63326826946560

Gerry Conway:

Obviously, Mary Jane Watson. Tiger.
    Who's surprised?

People might already know this, but I found out that MJ was being set up to be one of Carol Danvers' supporting cast back when Ms. Marvel was first starting (I guess the writer lost interest after the first few issues).

Would have been neat to see this fully developed, and MJ gets more superhero friends early on.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Awww, that's sweet!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    People might already know this, but I found out that MJ was being set up to be one of Carol Danvers' supporting cast back when Ms. Marvel was first starting (I guess the writer lost interest after the first few issues).

Would have been neat to see this fully developed, and MJ gets more superhero friends early on.
    It feels fitting to have Mary Jane, a very feminist character, hang out with Marvel's premier feminist heroine .

(Just forget about that time Carol and Spidey used to flirt with each other )

BANNED

This new spot for Into the Spider-Verse open with a speech from Mary Jane at Peter's funeral

"We all have powers...we are all Spider-Man"

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p...kBX1vm9noy.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This new spot for Into the Spider-Verse open with a speech from Mary Jane at Peter's funeral

"We all have powers...we are all Spider-Man"

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p...kBX1vm9noy.mp4
    Does anyone recognize MJ's voice? It sounds familiar.

This seems like a good character moment in the movie. It makes me wish that Mary Jane was the one interacting with all the different spiders, but I guess we've got to give Aunt May something to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone recognize MJ's voice? It sounds familiar.

This seems like a good character moment in the movie. It makes me wish that Mary Jane was the one interacting with all the different spiders, but I guess we've got to give Aunt May something to do .
    It does sound familiar, but I'm drawing a blank on who it could possibly be. It kinda sounds to me like Emma Stone, but it's probably not her. Surprisingly, they still have listed anywhere online who is voicing her, so she's either not a big name, or purposefully not saying because it's supposed to be a surprise, the former she's most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

I fully agree, and it was a total missed opportunity that Carol didn't join the New Avengers when Peter and Mary Jane (with Aunt May) were living in Avengers Tower. Then again, she did show up for Jessica Jones giving birth to Dani, I think, so maybe Carol and MJ could've reconnected then. Of course, unless it's on the panel or page . . . and yes, I'll keep promoting the idea that MJ and Janet van Dyne, the original Wasp, should've run in at least overlapping circles due to their respective professions as a fashion model and fashion designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels fitting to have Mary Jane, a very feminist character, hang out with Marvel's premier feminist heroine .

(Just forget about that time Carol and Spidey used to flirt with each other )
    Oh, the glorious awkwardness that would ensue if MJ and Carol met again, and MJ ever asked Carol about those pics where she and Spidey appeared "unusually close." Then again, since Spidey and Carol are just friends now, I suppose Mary Jane wouldn't have as much to worry about, and she'd probably appreciate that she could reconnect with a friend that was also someone she could count on to have Peter's back in the event of a fight with a major bad guy.

As for the bolded, the great thing about Mary Jane is that she is such a well-rounded and dynamic character that defies all sorts of binary assumptions about what a woman can or should be, that she isn't easily fit into a box or strictly defined as one type of woman or another. To me, that is the very heart of feminism --- that women, like men, can make their own choices and define their own identities rather than being bound to someone else's, or even the wider society's, expectations of what they can do or who they should be.