Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Street signs in Prague use English directions?
    Yes because English is the most widely known language on Earth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So it would seem. Usually, I'm not bothered by such things but this crap only serves to perpetuate the outdated damsel in distress paradigm. I truly hope I am misreading what the pics signify.
    Oh come on the hero saves people in every story regardless of genders involved. Plus Spidey swinging with MJ is like Lois flying with Clark at this point.

Here is another video found:

I'm going to be honest the 'MJ' character she acts as I'm not feeling a connection to (both romantically, friendship, or as a individual character). I don't dislike her but she is currently neutral.

Zendaya and Tom on the other hand their interactions immediately makes me love them and can see a bond and joy.

I don't know if the two are practicing something their characters are going to do but at the 8 second mark they show a bond and fun I would love to see onscreen. It's sometimes a case in some movies where the actors showcasing having fun is more enjoyable then what we see on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Gonna need more specifics, including what you mean by 'met Peter'. Like before she first laid eyes on him or before they first spoke or before ASM #42?

All I can say is it was in character for her to be flirtateous, loved to party, act in the drama club, cry secretly, hide her emotions and goof of for the benefit of others so they'd like her, particularly enjoying the attention from Aunt Anna and getting on with Aunt May.

A normal day, where everything is fine. And by 'met Peter', I mean before she first laid eyes on him. Like, did her Aunt Anna try to pair her up with the boy next door?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Oh come on the hero saves people in every story regardless of genders involved. Plus Spidey swinging with MJ is like Lois flying with Clark at this point.
    Maybe I did overreact a bit lol. Although that brings up another interesting point. Is this really Mary Jane by another name or a separate character?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Maybe I did overreact a bit lol. Although that brings up another interesting point. Is this really Mary Jane by another name or a separate character?
    I'm torn. 1) This is not Mary Jane. It's MJ, at the closest. But 2) my arguments about "not the same character" are kinda hard to maintain when I love Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane MJ, 616 MJ, and Ultimate MJ (and the takeoff for PS4) a lot.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm torn. 1) This is not Mary Jane. It's MJ, at the closest. But 2) my arguments about "not the same character" are kinda hard to maintain when I love Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane MJ, 616 MJ, and Ultimate MJ (and the takeoff for PS4) a lot.
    I'd say SMLMJ was pretty in-line with 616 MJ, especially where it counted, but in the latter case I could say the same for most Mary Jane's.

At least she didn't want to be a reporter .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say SMLMJ was pretty in-line with 616 MJ, especially where it counted, but in the latter case I could say the same for most Mary Jane's.

At least she didn't want to be a reporter .
    If you don't fall in love with wanna-be reporter MJ from Ultimate universe, you have no soul!

SMLMJ feels very distinct, to me. She's just so very much a different person with different concerns than any version of 616 MJ I've read. (Likely because I haven't read a lot of the early stuff. Because I'm a filthy casual. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

If you don't fall in love with wanna-be reporter MJ from Ultimate universe, you have no soul!

SMLMJ feels very distinct, to me. She's just so very much a different person with different concerns than any version of 616 MJ I've read. (Likely because I haven't read a lot of the early stuff. Because I'm a filthy casual. )
    I loved her before she became a reporter and loved her afterwards. I just don't care about her as a reporter .

SMLMJ felt more like 616 Mary Jane as a modern teenager compared to Ultimate, even if it wasn't a 1-to-1 thing.

BANNED

Should we keep our beady eyes open for something potentially happening in May 2019?

Decades: Marvel In The 80s – Awesome Evolutions, May 21st

Celebrate 80 years of Marvel Comics, decade by decade – and witness major shakeups for iconic heroes in the Awesome Eighties! A new generation of creators crafting character-defining runs changed everything, with new faces donning Iron Man’s armor and slinging Captain America’s shield! Bold makeovers were everywhere, including Spider-Man’s black costume, Storm’s mohawk, Thor’s battle armor and the Hulk’s return to gray! Super team shake-ups included the sensational She-Hulk joining the Fantastic Four – and the transformation of the original X-Man, Angel, into Apocalypse’s metal-winged Horseman of Death! And Peter Parker faced the biggest life-altering event of all – marriage to Mary Jane Watson!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...es-marvel-80s/

I'm with you on the love for SMLMJ Mary Jane. I agree that she does feel fairly different to 616 MJ, though its close enough you can recognize them being from the same mold. I love how they really delve into the teenage aspect for her, and how she feels so real and nice.

I do think Michelle acts as a good modern take on what an MJ-like character would be nowadays, she speaks her mind, doesn't care what others think, secretly/silently does care for people. I thought she was a really enjoyable character in Homecoming and I'm very excited to see her relationship with Peter grow in Far From Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Should we keep our beady eyes open for something potentially happening in May 2019?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...es-marvel-80s/
    I don't trust anything, but I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm with you on the love for SMLMJ Mary Jane. I agree that she does feel fairly different to 616 MJ, though its close enough you can recognize them being from the same mold. I love how they really delve into the teenage aspect for her, and how she feels so real and nice.

I do think Michelle acts as a good modern take on what an MJ-like character would be nowadays, she speaks her mind, doesn't care what others think, secretly/silently does care for people. I thought she was a really enjoyable character in Homecoming and I'm very excited to see her relationship with Peter grow in Far From Home.
    The plotting of SMLMJ was just so nice, too. Everyone had flaws, but it all built to something while still being enjoyable every issue.

Michelle just didn't work that well for me - I liked Liz a lot more (Peter didn't treat her very well). I'm up for more development for Michelle, but as her own character.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I dunno, those felt more like surface traits to a character that in practice really didn't feel much like Mary Jane at all, or at least those traits were applied in a very different way then how they are traditionally with Mary Jane.

Like, she wasn't even that much like Ultimate MJ like people were originally comparing her to since Michelle was more prickly and antisocial and not the "everyday teenage girl" Ultimate MJ was.

When I think of Mary Jane I think of someone who's outgoing, sociable, fun to be around, and not someone who would just randomly flip somebody off for seemingly no reason.
    Michelle just didn't work that well for me - I liked Liz a lot more (Peter didn't treat her very well). I'm up for more development for Michelle, but as her own character.
    Yeah, Peter treated Liz kind of terribly, even if not all of it was intentional. I feel like he got too much of a pass for that (like he did for some of his other stunts in that movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When I think of Mary Jane I think of someone who's outgoing, sociable, fun to be around, and not someone who would just randomly flip somebody off for seemingly no reason.
    Spider-Gwen's Em Jay would totally do that though. So there is at least one other "MJ" in the Spider-Verse who is similar to the MCU version somewhat.

Though I think it is still early to judge Zendaya's character. She was hardly there in the first film.

BANNED

JMS Spidey (one of the more acclaimed eras of the Spider-Marriage) getting a big omnibus in May 2019 also

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...nd-epic-lines/