Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was the Tony coma thing that triggered the relaunch with Riri and Doom editorial interference? It ended up with the International Iron Man name for the second book not making a lot of sense, since he actually travelled more in Invincible Iron Man. Riri's intro was rushed too. That's why MJ didn't do much, everything got accelerated.
    I don't believe Riri and Doom was editorial interference, because its clear that they were both Bendis' ideas. Most I could say is maybe time got crunched because editorial wanted the books to start by a certain time so Invincible and International had to end earlier than he wanted.

However, like Confuzzled mentioned, Bendis is notorious for throwing too much into a story at once never giving time for any of it to be developed. The Search For Tony Stark is the perfect example of a story with too much going on, and yet nothing happening at all.

So it feels to me like it was a case of he jumped on putting MJ into his book right away, but then he started adding more and more on top of it, so MJ didn't get to have much attention as everything else fought for screen time.

Wanted to write that in 2018 Ant-Man and the Wasp #5 for a brief camaro page the variant covers Bradshaw Gwen Hulk and the Wolverine MJ showed up for a second (with a Peter maybe mashed up and some variant Venomized characters so I guess a world where some of the variants characters exist?). Gwen unlike Nick Bradshaws Hulk Gwen doesn't look great and a bit fat or too beefy which is odd seeing her having a small cup of tea as she daily holds the cup meanwhile Wolverine MJ has a HUGE burger so maybe as character the large bulky Hulk Gwen/Gwen Hulk doesn't actually eat alot while the smaller Wolverine MJ/MJ Wolverine has a huge appetite?

To be honest I figures that Wolverine Gwen and Wolverine MJ would far better complimented together. Gwen's cover had her looking angry but with nature meanwhile while being a Wolverine herself the MJ version was focused in the city and smiling thus two Wowoveines but different nature and environments they prefer making them a yin yang friendship/rivals. Then agian Wolverine was first featured in a Hulk comic and their battle is well known. So maybe these two versions was put together showing a rivalry but also friendship and I think Wolverine and the Hulk has worked together as Avengers so the persona who picked these two together wanted that same spirit of rivals and friends here with different natures (maybe MJ is wild and excitable, passionate, fashionable, and positive 'hot head' while Gwen being a Hulk still has has a matter of decorum and calm yet can get angry plus still has to gain a fashion scene that fit for her powers and won't destroy her outfits).
    Just some things going through my mind as two why these two versions might be selected of the 20 variants both had (minus Gwenpool for having her own series) and how they might be presented in that world they share.

The Spider-Man on that page is Miles. Note the costume design, which is a neon version of his normal one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

watchmojo did another top 10 video in a span of weeks that ended with one more day as number 1. top 10 comic book decisions that backfired.

So what would you guys think of the main universe Mary Jane getting super powers (spider or otherwise) for a long period of time? And I mean 31 issues of it at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So what would you guys think of the main universe Mary Jane getting super powers (spider or otherwise) for a long period of time? And I mean 31 issues of it at the very least.
    No.10101010

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post

Depends what they are, and who she'll be working with. Would she be teaming with Peter or doing something like working with The Defenders or Jessica Jones? Cause that'd be interesting.

BANNED

If only the company could bother to use Kings Features continuity elements...MJ's Marvella outfit is pretty sexy, and she teamed with Black Widow wearing it back in 2015 (no powers, but she still managed to come to Peter's rescue)

I personally like this one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I personally like this one

There was a redhaired Nova woman in a "What If" issue along time ago. She looked very much like Mary Jane, but her attitude was way "unworthy" of her.

BANNED

Cute Peter/MJ moment in next week's ASM.

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-5-4/

BANNED

BANNED

So it turns out MJ's theatre will be the sight of a big gangland meeting in the ASM newspaper strip. Kingpin and Golden Claw scheme to use the venue as a place to gather their rivals and finish them off.

The theatre has been in a state of disrepair since around 2016, which was what prompted MJ to begin her big Marvella II publicity tour that took her and Peter across the country...MJ's tour is almost finished and the venue still isn't ready to reopen!

Wore to consider, what if the theatre is destroyed when Peter and Iron Fist try to prevent Fisk and Claw's plan? She won't be able to use the venue to promote herself or her play and will have to find new opportunities. This could potentially be the strip putting the breaks on Peter and MJ's recent good fortune and reverting things back to status quo with the pair trying to make ends meet again.

I've made it past the first time we meet MJ, the first time we play as MJ, in Insomniac's PS4 Spider-Man game.

Characterization is top notch.

Smile

Chapter Twenty-One of my What If? OMD Never Happened fanfic is posted. Family fluff, a Phil Urich as the new Hobgoblin cameo, and a special announcement -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."