Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    It's kind of interesting to think that he has a son with Felicia when he's usually depicted as having daughters with Mary Jane.
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Apparently MJ gets another solo mission in "The Heist" portion of the PS4 game, and has more drama with Peter over the possibility of spoilers:
    Him becoming a father to Felicia Hardy's son...though nothing comes of it as Felicia vanishes after her penthouse is bombed. MJ tells Pete he'd be a great dad at the right time, and Peter responds by saying it ought to be with the right person and they hold hands
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Possibility? Is he or isn't he? Also, I hope that Insomniac made MJ's gameplay so that it appeals to more players. I liked watching it, but I haven't played yet.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    spoilers:
    Possibility? Is he or isn't he? Also, I hope that Insomniac made MJ's gameplay so that it appeals to more players. I liked watching it, but I haven't played yet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    not much she can do besides sneaking around at least she has gadgets to help with that department
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Mighty fine revelations for MJ in today's ASM

spoilers:
    We learn she is looking for a job, no longer employed by Tony, and we even get some interaction between her and her former employer...and it doesn't sound like they're on good terms.
    end of spoilers

Also

spoilers:
    We get our first hint at the person from her past that Spencer promised MJ would bump into...someone who knows things "never change" with Peter/Spidey
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-24-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Mighty fine revelations for MJ in today's ASM

spoilers:
    We learn she is looking for a job, no longer employed by Tony, and we even get some interaction between her and her former employer...and it doesn't sound like they're on good terms.
    end of spoilers

Also

spoilers:
    We get our first hint at the person from her past that Spencer promised MJ would bump into...someone who knows things "never change" with Peter/Spidey
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If that means MJ never has to be associated with Tony Stark again, I'm all for it .
    end of spoilers

Something I discovered recently when looking through Amazon and Chapters online and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, they're re-releasing the omnibus volumes for Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane! https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Lo...oves+Mary+Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Something I discovered recently when looking through Amazon and Chapters online and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, they're re-releasing the omnibus volumes for Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane! https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Lo...oves+Mary+Jane
    This looks like a recut version - issues 1-8, not 1-5 like before. Do you think that means they're planning on including the 5 issues of Terry Moore's run with volume 2? (I already own both of the original omnibuses, so I don't think I'll be re-buying them - but if they go on sale, I might get them digitally).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This looks like a recut version - issues 1-8, not 1-5 like before. Do you think that means they're planning on including the 5 issues of Terry Moore's run with volume 2? (I already own both of the original omnibuses, so I don't think I'll be re-buying them - but if they go on sale, I might get them digitally).
    That's very possible, I wasn't sure if it that was a mistake or not, because these listings aren't always accurate with exact issue listings, but that does make alot of sense if they decide to include Terry Moore's 5 issues. I own the 2nd omnibus but have had some trouble finding a not too expensive copy of the 1st, so I'll be happy to go for this option, and very happy others will be able to get an easy opportunity to check this series out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That's very possible, I wasn't sure if it that was a mistake or not, because these listings aren't always accurate with exact issue listings, but that does make alot of sense if they decide to include Terry Moore's 5 issues. I own the 2nd omnibus but have had some trouble finding a not too expensive copy of the 1st, so I'll be happy to go for this option, and very happy others will be able to get an easy opportunity to check this series out.
    Absolutely. I bought the first two when they were still in print, I believe, so they weren't too pricey. Absolutely worth it. I hope they have the variant covers if they include Moore's run - I don't love the series, but I liked the Adrian Alphona cover a lot (I actually own it, as well).

BANNED

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not bad. I kinda like the idea of MJ casually fending off Spider-Man's villains as they're about to pounce because she's concentrating on a selfie and doesn't have time for their usual nonsense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It reminds me of the Venom and MJ variant cover.

It nice as a variant only but in story wise while MJ at first did this sort of thing in a way from her first appearance (wanting to go where Rhino was causing destruction because it was a 'happening place') it would be DUMB to showcase nowadays in story (unless they want to show no self preservation skills from a character). For Venom if MJ knows he's trying to be a hero she can do that sort of thing as deep inside she knows she isn't in danger (though due to psychological issues involving MJ and Venom's past that isn't going to happen as she WOULD take him seriously and attack or run if she could even still). Carnage on the other hand ANYBODY that displays this attitude to his danger level (and doesn't have the power to back it up) deserve to be a blood splat and falls under 'too dumb to live'.

So while I get why and attitude that is being presented I can't help and think about the NEXT PART in one second for her. Just feel if this a a MJ variant cover with her having god or Symbiote super healing powers then if just fits better to her not giving the threat level a understandable attention. That or this is a LMD or illusion distraction that MJ was apart of (she's secretly somewhere else when Carnage was hunting her and he is now lured into a trap).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    It reminds me of the Venom and MJ variant cover.

It nice as a variant only but in story wise while MJ at first did this sort of thing in a way from her first appearance (wanting to go where Rhino was causing destruction because it was a 'happening place') it would be DUMB to showcase nowadays in story (unless they want to show no self preservation skills from a character). For Venom if MJ knows he's trying to be a hero she can do that sort of thing as deep inside she knows she isn't in danger (though due to psychological issues involving MJ and Venom's past that isn't going to happen as she WOULD take him seriously and attack or run if she could even still). Carnage on the other hand ANYBODY that displays this attitude to his danger level (and doesn't have the power to back it up) deserve to be a blood splat and falls under 'too dumb to live'.

So while I get why and attitude that is being presented I can't help and think about the NEXT PART in one second for her. Just feel if this a a MJ variant cover with her having god or Symbiote super healing powers then if just fits better to her not giving the threat level a understandable attention. That or this is a LMD or illusion distraction that MJ was apart of (she's secretly somewhere else when Carnage was hunting her and he is now lured into a trap).
    That's a lot of thought you put into this. I like it. And hmm, didn't the final season of Ultimate Spider-Man have Mary Jane as Carnage's final host?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Pretty sure there's one variant cover with her doing the same thing to Venom, forgot from which comic, is she gonna do it to every Spidey villain eventualy?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a lot of thought you put into this. I like it. And hmm, didn't the final season of Ultimate Spider-Man have Mary Jane as Carnage's final host?
    Yes. As also a person who enjoys 616's Venom Symbiote's character development and showing how just having a symbite doesn't mean you are instantly a monster plus others factors such as the host affecting the symbite and individuality I liked that (same applies to Gwen, Flash, and a few others that went a different route from what others think is a norm for symbites and hosts bonding).

I often do that. Even in fanart my mind starts thinking up storylines and possibilities and how such things come to be and afterwards. Made a few stories and ideas from it. Overall I enjoy flexing my creative juices plus try to do stuff outside the norms et be inspired or take some things by past works. To train oneself to think of possibilities.

In What If's I enjoy both the serous and comedy stuff. Few problems that can happen in What If's serous stories sometimes is while it has the Multiverse to play with most of the time the writers do what I can 'copy universes' of 616 (a universe that is exactly like 616 in every way till that ONE thing happens to make it a alternate) which is fine plus easy for readers to grasp things and choices. Only problems then many times in some What If tales is in order to showcase how this one choice fans might of disliked for some reasons was the 'better' choice they have Peter (or other) do the other choice and somehow 'it worse' many times just because. Then a future issue in 616 gives new info that goes against that WHat If ending usually. Kind of interesting I expected a bad ending due to past What If's in the new "What If Peter was the Punisher" as he was being 616 Anti no kill policy (he give you one chance but not a second) but it went against my expectations as he got a happy (or at least happier) ending instead. I like that going against the trope other What If's did.

For all characters should have a variety out there within the Multiverse and I enjoy well crafted stories and characters and worlds.

In this case if Variant covers are treated as a 'window' into another alternate world (MANY Times we see variants covers presenting something that the characters inside would not react the same way as on a cover or is opposite the vibe inside a comic) thus i like to try and expand that window a bit sometimes with my imagination. Those Gwen and MJ superhero variants both had was a playground for the imagination and possible alternate worlds and tales that lead characters (or new characters born for Gwen Poole's case) to such fates or changes in the Multiverse world such as Composite mixtures, axis, or even species changes yet spirit totem of the characters in some forms.

In this case if MJ has a series of variants I can think each one is a different window to a new Alternate MJ (which sadly means she actually has a death tally almost equal to Gwen in this case but also alot of Multiverse Darwin Awards) or it's the same MJ and that Multiverse she lives in is a cartoon type world (Carange cuts her up n pieces...for MJ it's Tuesday and she hates the blood stains on her dress when she gathers herself back together) or comedy world (she always just evades danger without trying or luck or bit of skill somehow despite the situation and able to laugh off what would give others PTSD) (cause if in a serous world she most likely be dead)

[Earth-65 Gwen (unseen yet comedy copy) and 616 MJ (unseen yet comedy copy) to a new Multiverse Peter we yet to see.]
    (Gwen appears from the shadows) Gwen: Peter. I'm Gwen Stacy.
    Peter: NOOOOOO... I killed you. The Goblin drop you from a bridge and I dumbly tried to stop your fall and broke your neck as you fell unconsciously.
    (Gwen pulls out a coupon and stamps it) Gwen: "One more "Gwen I killed you" and I get a free dollar dog."
    (MJ appears from the shadows next) MJ: Peter. Im MJ.
    Peter: NOOOOOO... I killed you. The Goblin drop you also from a bridge and I dumbly tried to stop your fall and broke your neck also! But...you didn't fall unconsciously... you were busy doing a freefall selfie one second before my web caught you leg.
    MJ: (Head Slap) (To Gwen) Can we trade how our versions die? So far it's been "Danger! But quick first a Selfie!" Darwin Award Winner or Radioactive Spider-Sperm!"