Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mary Jane Watson/Parker Appreciation Thread 2018

...The last thread hit the jackpot, became wealthy and retired to Florida, so let's start again with the thread devoted to a woman of many talents, call her a party girl, call her Anna Watson's niece, call her the blind date, call her Spinerett, call her Marvella, call her the lead in Lobster Man, call her a nightclub owner, call her Iron Spider, even call her Mom, but let's never forgot the two most important initials in Peter's life: M.J.

And what better way to start off the new era by having CBR look back at where things really kicked off for Mary Jane in the comics, as the "If Her Hair Was Still Red" articles reach the ultimate turning point that was the death of Gwen Stacy and the click heard 'round the world

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-mary-...n-stacy-click/

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

https://youtu.be/yKGlhPTca7U

Just to get us started.

BANNED

MJ was described as a "mediocre celebrity" by Golden Claw's grand niece in today's newspaper strip, with a captive Peter thinking to himself "you're damn lucky MJ wasn't around to hear that"

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

Just to get us started.
    I really wish that show had prioritised MJ more, it took until the tail end of the series to tease anything solid with them romantically (or as close to a Disney XD shows get to anything resembling romance...IE not a hell of a lot)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Why was MJ's thread locked and not Miles's, which has a few dozen more pages? Weird. Well, I'd better go add this to the index...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Face it MJ...you just hit a new Appreciation Thread .
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

Just to get us started.
    MJ on this show was really just underwritten, underutilized, and just in general not used as well as she could have on this show, but I could say that about a lot of USM.

It's a shame too, because Tara Strong could probably have been a great Mary Jane if she wasn't saddled with a lack of screentime and characterization that amounts to "discount Lois Lane."

Which I guess is still better then the cameo she's been in Marvel's Spider-Man .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Face it MJ...you just hit a new Appreciation Thread .

MJ on this show was really just underwritten, underutilized, and just in general not used as well as she could have on this show, but I could say that about a lot of USM.

It's a shame too, because Tara Strong could probably have been a great Mary Jane if she wasn't saddled with a lack of screentime and characterization that amounts to "discount Lois Lane."

Which I guess is still better then the cameo she's been in Marvel's Spider-Man .
    Had I had more time I'd have picked a better MJ youtube video but I was rushing and just clicked on the first one I saw

Agreed about Tara Strong though.

Y cut the old thread so short it’s only 300 pages but nonetheless Mary Jane Mj Best girl for Spiderman hopes she has a good year in the main 616 universe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Y cut the old thread so short it’s only 300 pages
    The mods blamed the threads with the most posts for the forum's lagging issues, problems which haven't stopped with their closing.

I guess we'll never find out what Zdarsky's ideas for MJ were, will we?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The mods blamed the threads with the most posts for the forum's lagging issues, problems which haven't stopped with their closing.
    if thats the case can we go back to the old one I dont like starting over a new forum after all the work it took to get the old one to where its at

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I guess we'll never find out what Zdarsky's ideas for MJ were, will we?
    At the time he wrote her in FCBD, he was intending to pattern her after his relationship with his ex-wife if he got to use more of her, that was obviously before plans switched around and the editorial landscape shifted obviously, as Peter and MJ aren't exs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At the time he wrote her in FCBD, he was intending to pattern her after his relationship with his ex-wife if he got to use more of her, that was obviously before plans switched around and the editorial landscape shifted obviously, as Peter and MJ aren't exs anymore.
    Hindsight is 20/20 .

BANNED

BANNED

https://twitter.com/yoozurnaime/stat...83630044246017

Marvel editorial is saying Miles' history is being adapted/merged with 616. Miles actually had connections with the Ult. versions of MJ, Gwen, and Aunt May. But how can that work in 616? The only one of their 616 counterparts Miles could actually have a connection with is MJ. And even then that one would still be pretty messy because Miles would have become Spider-Man around the BND era...