Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The Raimi films, the Spectacular cartoon, and the current cartoon are the only adaptations Betty has appeared in. She's also in Homecoming, but that's as more of an in-joke than a real character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Betty was in the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon, the 1980s cartoon (that wasn't Amazing Friends), Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and the video game adaptations of Raimi's Spider-Man 2 & 3. (There are also little references to her in other games like Shattered Dimension, Edge of Time, and even Insomniac's PS4 game.)
    Betty also had what was basically a cameo in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon (she just hands Peter a check).
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Agreed, if they could gamify journalism in a similar way to how they gamified science I think that would be awesome.

Like maybe MJ is at a location trying to get some info and you're guided to talk to the front desk or administrator, but instead you sneak away and talk to a janitor or beleaguered IT guy who gives you some info that makes a later mission for Spidey easier.

Would love to see something like that.
    Now this sounds more like a Superman game with Lois Lane being playable .

Mighty Member

Overall I really like how insomniac is handling Peter and Mary Jane. I prefer MJ being an actress over a journalist, but the change makes sense in terms of gameplay.

The only thing that really bugs me is her game model. In some scenes she looks really pretty, and in others she looks...strange imo.

Missed opportunity to have modeled her face after a young Ann-Margret like Romita Sr.
    865c8c616a531a6327a07d5ce952baef--ann-margret-bombshell.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Overall I really like how insomniac is handling Peter and Mary Jane. I prefer MJ being an actress over a journalist, but the change makes sense in terms of gameplay.

The only thing that really bugs me is her game model. In some scenes she looks really pretty, and in others she looks...strange imo.

Missed opportunity to have modeled her face after a young Ann-Margret like Romita Sr.
    I know very little about her (apparently she has two Oscar nominations) but she was cute.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

She reminded me a lot of Shailene Woodley visually, personally.

But I never got the sense that they were going for "really pretty" for MJ in this game. I mean, she was attractive, but more in the plain, Betty Cooper, kind of attractive and not as the bombshell she usually is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

But I never got the sense that they were going for "really pretty" for MJ in this game. I mean, she was attractive, but more in the plain, Betty Cooper, kind of attractive and not as the bombshell she usually is.
    Definitely, not bombshell but I wouldn't say plain either. Her face model Stephanie Tyler Jones is very pretty. There are parts in the game where she looks great to me, and other parts where she looks off...something about the teeth and the facial animations are odd. Maybe something got lost in translation.

I can definitely see the Shailene Woodley comparisons though.

I ran into a lot of glitches when I played. So everyone looked a little off. There were times when characters would move around and their hair would not move with them.

(And yes, this happened with MJ a time or two. Particularly that scene in her apartment.)

Funny you say that, because Peter's visual design reminded me so much of Andrew Garfield. Even Lowenthal's voice gave me Garfield vibes. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.

Funny you say that, because Peter's visual design reminded me so much of Andrew Garfield. Even Lowenthal's voice gave me Garfield vibes. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.
    I didn't really get much of Garfield vocally if only because Lowenthal's version of Peter was very different from Garfield's in terms of personality. He also didn't have Garfield's attempt at a New York accent .

If he sounded like anyone I'd say it was more a mix of Christopher Daniel Barnes and Josh Keaton.

Spider-Man PS4 spoilers:

spoilers:
    For a brief moment when that spider was crawling along her I thought she was gonna get bitten, until I remembered Miles was in the game. Part of me wish they did that, would've been really interesting. And I'm really glad how the story ended between them, their relationship and interactions for the whole game was so wonderful.
    end of spoilers

Spider-Man PS4 spoilers:

spoilers:
    For a brief moment when that spider was crawling along her I thought she was gonna get bitten, until I remembered Miles was in the game. Part of me wish they did that, would've been really interesting. And I'm really glad how the story ended between them, their relationship and interactions for the whole game was so wonderful.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didn't think they'd do that considering they made it pretty obvious that the spider was meant for Miles, even name-dropping his abilities.

Plus, again, I don't think superpowers would fit with their intentions with Mary Jane in the game universe (and in gameplay).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I didn't think they'd do that considering they made it pretty obvious that the spider was meant for Miles, even name-dropping his abilities.

Plus, again, I don't think superpowers would fit with their intentions with Mary Jane in the game universe (and in gameplay).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, especially when you look at it, it looks very much like the spider that originally bit Miles, with the pattern on the back kind of resembling the number. It was just a really quick "Oooh wouldn't that be exciting, before remembering what it was. I will say while the spider sticking onto MJ that whole time isn't unrealistic, it not biting her after all that time kind of is.

And you're right, this MJ works much better as the no powers partner, and with how perfectly they ended the arc, you can see why they wouldn't want to suddenly change it in some drastic way.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, especially when you look at it, it looks very much like the spider that originally bit Miles, with the pattern on the back kind of resembling the number. It was just a really quick "Oooh wouldn't that be exciting, before remembering what it was. I will say while the spider sticking onto MJ that whole time isn't unrealistic, it not biting her after all that time kind of is.

And you're right, this MJ works much better as the no powers partner, and with how perfectly they ended the arc, you can see why they wouldn't want to suddenly change it in some drastic way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It reminded me of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, which also color-coded the spiders .
    end of spoilers

Well, one moment I remember most vividly from watching cartoons as a kid was the death of the Hydro-clone MJ. :/ I LIKED her! It was her that Pete married, and the one who helped him with stuff as he worked through a few particularly bad problems.

Then she got cool hydro powers...

and dies in the next episode.

Yeah, that story really stuck in my mind.....

BANNED

Barne's acting there was top notch

Hydro MJ totally "got" what made the real Mary Jane tick too.

"She loves Peter Parker more than anything. More. Than. Anything"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, one moment I remember most vividly from watching cartoons as a kid was the death of the Hydro-clone MJ. :/ I LIKED her! It was her that Pete married, and the one who helped him with stuff as he worked through a few particularly bad problems.

Then she got cool hydro powers...

and dies in the next episode.

Yeah, that story really stuck in my mind.....
    As some people are calling her "Hydro-MJ" (I guess in the same fan nickname style that Gwen versions got with 'Spider-Gwen' the same applies to MJ versions) was MY first MJ and the one that stood out in my mind. Everything you posted is how I felt about her. I really wanted her to live.