Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, one moment I remember most vividly from watching cartoons as a kid was the death of the Hydro-clone MJ. :/ I LIKED her! It was her that Pete married, and the one who helped him with stuff as he worked through a few particularly bad problems.

Then she got cool hydro powers...

and dies in the next episode.

Yeah, that story really stuck in my mind.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Barne's acting there was top notch

Hydro MJ totally "got" what made the real Mary Jane tick too.

"She loves Peter Parker more than anything. More. Than. Anything"
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    As some people are calling her "Hydro-MJ" (I guess in the same fan nickname style that Gwen versions got with 'Spider-Gwen' the same applies to MJ versions) was MY first MJ and the one that stood out in my mind. Everything you posted is how I felt about her. I really wanted her to live.
    Cosigning all of you. Seeing that episode for the first time when I was a little kid, even then I knew how much Peter and Mary Jane meant to each other, and I really found myself hating Miles Warren for the pain inflicted on them by his machinations. The series ended well enough, but I'll admit I was disappointed that the last scene wasn't Peter and the "real" Mary Jane reuniting, "real" in quotes because if the Scarlet Spiders and Gwen Stacy (and even Madelyne Pryor and Laura "X-23" Kinney from X-Men) have taught us anything, it's that clones are or should be no less legitimate as people and individuals.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning all of you. Seeing that episode for the first time when I was a little kid, even then I knew how much Peter and Mary Jane meant to each other, and I really found myself hating Miles Warren for the pain inflicted on them by his machinations. The series ended well enough, but I'll admit I was disappointed that the last scene wasn't Peter and the "real" Mary Jane reuniting, "real" in quotes because if the Scarlet Spiders and Gwen Stacy (and even Madelyne Pryor and Laura "X-23" Kinney from X-Men) have taught us anything, it's that clones are or should be no less legitimate as people and individuals.
    I like the idea that Spidey told the original MJ about her and want to think both of them would have remembered her fondly.

Also... in any media where MJ gets upper-powers I immediately think back to this and want to see it get revisited in a story where she DOESN'T DIE!

Also there were actually THREE scenes with Hydro-MJ that really stuck in my mind, most significant was her death, but also her home life with Peter just felt so... genuine and loving. The first Hydro-MJ scene though. Miles Warren's clone of Hydro-man is fighting Spidey because he tried abducting MJ... er re-abducting, or.. it's complicated. Anyways, Hydro-man and Spidey are going at it in front of MJ and all of the sudden MJ blasts Hydro-man with a jet of water from her hands. She looks down at her hands like "What was that?" TO BE CONTINUED... roll credits. Not many cliffhanger endings have made me so anxious to see the next episode.

Oh and Miles's reason for creating Hydro-MJ is incredibly stupid. His clone of Hydro-man was bored so Miles made a pet for him. Seriously, the Miles Warren in that cartoon... I'd be willing to let the Punisher deal with him... permanently.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-15-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I like the idea that Spidey told the original MJ about her and want to think both of them would have remembered her fondly.

Also... in any media where MJ gets upper-powers I immediately think back to this and want to see it get revisited in a story where she DOESN'T DIE!

Also there were actually THREE scenes with Hydro-MJ that really stuck in my mind, most significant was her death, but also her home life with Peter just felt so... genuine and loving. The first Hydro-MJ scene though. Miles Warren's clone of Hydro-man is fighting Spidey because he tried abducting MJ... er re-abducting, or.. it's complicated. Anyways, Hydro-man and Spidey are going at it in front of MJ and all of the sudden MJ blasts Hydro-man with a jet of water from her hands. She looks down at her hands like "What was that?" TO BE CONTINUED... roll credits. Not many cliffhanger endings have made me so anxious to see the next episode.

Oh and Miles's reason for creating Hydro-MJ is incredibly stupid. His clone of Hydro-man was bored so Miles made a pet for him. Seriously, the Miles Warren in that cartoon... I'd be willing to let the Punisher deal with him... permanently.
    I think Miles Warren in just about any universe deserves having the Punisher put a permanent end to him. It would also be very fitting, seeing as the Jackal's first appearance was trying to use the Punisher to kill Spider-Man by having Punisher think Spider-Man was responsible for Gwen Stacy's death.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think Miles Warren in just about any universe deserves having the Punisher put a permanent end to him. It would also be very fitting, seeing as the Jackal's first appearance was trying to use the Punisher to kill Spider-Man by having Punisher think Spider-Man was responsible for Gwen Stacy's death.
    I wonder... When we first(based on the in-universe timeline) see Hydro-MJ, it's the PUNISHER who brings her to the home of one of her relatives. Apparently he'd found her walking down the street alone at night and offered to give her a ride. It's the only time he shows up IIRC, but THAT is what he does when you see him.

Say, does MJ have alternate outfit clothing for the video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Say, does MJ have alternate outfit clothing for the video game?
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

I think the most we get is seeing her without her jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

I think the most we get is seeing her without her jacket.
    She does. But we mostly see her with her jacket and scarf. But she has a different color jacket without the scarf (that she wears during Norman's campaign event where he honors a certain police officer), without her jacket in her apartment, and in scenes late in the game.

She doesn't seem to have any different hair styles in the game itself. (Unless your game glitches as mine did, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    She doesn't seem to have any different hair styles in the game itself. (Unless your game glitches as mine did, lol.)
    I'd be kind of surprised if she did. I'm guessing they went with a ponytail for her (and Felicia) both because it was practical for women as active as they are and because it let them keep their long hair while being easier for the devs to animate.

Astonishing Member

wow watchmojo must really hate OMD lol

LOL, OMD wins again. Those at WatchMojo really hate OMD (good for them). I hope they keep pushing the hate until this abomination is purged for all existence. It must die! Kill it with fire!

Edit Sorry I could not resist. But seriously, they hate that story to the point of obsession.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-16-2018 at 12:07 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hey there.
    "Also... in any media where MJ gets upper-powers I immediately think back to this and want to see it get revisited in a story where she DOESN'T DIE!"

I must admit usually if I'm not happy with how a story turns out I like to think up ways and what ifs that could of been. On another thread back in 2017 I post a idea of a story involving her living. Inspired that I really liked her and wanted her to live plus being both a MJ and Gwen fan (not back then as I only knew a small batch of characters that was presented to me but now alot more).

I was going to copy and post the story idea here but figured it would be better just sending the link to a older thread from this site it exists on to save space for others on this thread.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...94-1998)/page2

One interesting thing to note is that while the original MJ loved Pete, she never married him. So if Pete and Hydro-MJ had managed to find her she would basically be stuck in friend zone. Which is kinda where she was before she fell through the Spot's portal. Also your idea of having Hydro-MJ assume Gwen Stacy's identity is questionable because it's possible that MJ knew the real Gwen Stacy before she died. Yeah, it's a minor footnote in that series, but in that universe they do mention Gwen Stacy as being publically known to be dead.

BANNED

One interesting thing to note is that while the original MJ loved Pete, she never married him. So if Pete and Hydro-MJ had managed to find her she would basically be stuck in friend zone. Which is kinda where she was before she fell through the Spot's portal
    Actually, they were dating. Peter was bragging to Madame Web at the start of "Turning Point" about just how much in love the pair of them were with each other.

One interesting thing to note is that while the original MJ loved Pete, she never married him. So if Pete and Hydro-MJ had managed to find her she would basically be stuck in friend zone. Which is kinda where she was before she fell through the Spot's portal. Also your idea of having Hydro-MJ assume Gwen Stacy's identity is questionable because it's possible that MJ knew the real Gwen Stacy before she died. Yeah, it's a minor footnote in that series, but in that universe they do mention Gwen Stacy as being publically known to be dead.
    When did they mention that a 'Gwen Stacy' existed on that Earth? If they did I might not recalling any time doing the show's run of a episode that was stated in.

A 'Gwen Stacy' was shown when the 90's animated Peter had to go Earth hopping to stop a evil alternate Carnage version of himself from destroying the Multiverse but that was the first time on that show the creators shown a Gwen Stacy version at all. Peter met MJ for the first time thanks to Aunt May setting up the blind date and I don't recall MJ telling Peter about a Gwen Stacy she knew. As far as I know there was no Gwen Stacy for that Earth they existed on (and doing so if Hydro-MJ called herself and became that Earth's Gwen Stacy she would be version one original for that Earth). Madame Web could even had joked to Peter that the universe was 'fixing a mistake' in accidently dropping the ball by not first having existed a Gwen, MJ, and Peter together for that Earth despite how the three are spiritually webbed/connected per Earths.

Who would be struck in the friend zone (which due to 'love triangles' often linked between these three (and I'm tired of the traditional 'Love Triangle' tropes) somebody usually has to be unless the three believe in a polyamorous relationship that can work)?
    The way I see it by influence of one of the original clone stories where one of the clone births of a Gwen decided to just leave not wanting to be in the way of Peter and MJ that was able to form a life together plus having her own existential crisis kissed Peter goodbye and left to parts unknown (London) make her own life (then Dan Scott decide to kill her off unceremoniously much later just to do so it seemed playing no role ) .

That now the 90's animated 'Gwen Stacy' of that Earth now was planning on saving MJ and then afterwards thinking she would be in the way (plus stole 'Peter' unfairly in her mind) would also just leave so no problems would happen between the two (seeing herself as a problem). Still thinking in 'clone terms like she was just a copy Gwen believes Mj would react just like she reacted when Peter revealed his identity and marriage proposal.
    Gwen (now seeing herself as 'Gwen Stacy' that just so happens to shapeshift into other gals like MJ the more she is in her Gwen Stacy original form) pretended to be MJ shapeshifting to her form and voice when Peter and her was in public or with love ones (as trying to explain that MJ really was still missing somewhere and the whole marriage family and friends went to and full situations would of been to much for them and a burden). Gwen thought being 'MJ clone' meant that she was 'just a copy' and original MJ will react the same way.

Gwen watching Peter and MJ in secret from a rooftop looking down at the hospital MJ was check in after she and Peter found and saved her.
    Gwen: "I know how this will go. I'm her clone so I know how she will react. Peter will reveal himself. Some shock but MJ will understand. He will ask for her hand in marriage like he thought he had done before but... not to the right person. MJ will say yes. To the family and friends perhaps they are just...renewing their vows. Particular after the first time was interrupted by Harry. Oh that reminds me I should look to see how he's doing.
    Well from up here I'll see it all play out right. Then from knowing that now the two are on the right track, safe, and happy I'll leave. I'll disappear never to be a bother or wall to them again. It will hurt me to do so. I would of like to talked to her...my sister...and see Peter one more time but it will be for the best for those two that I just leave. It will hurt but I'll know that somewhere out there... knowing that at least the two..."

However taking inspiration from this scene:

Gwen becomes shocked that things don't play out like she thought was going to happen. That MJ is in shock..and doesn't take the revelation well.

Gwen: What!? But I don't understand?! I didn't react that way?! I'm her clone. Her copy! Thus why... why...
    ?????: Oh are you now JUST her clone Gwen Stacy? Her copy? I'm sure Peter has already told you this or at least his own version but you might be in need of a reminder.
    Gwen: Madame Web?!
    Madame Web: I always find that experiences shape our decisions miss Stacy.
    Gwen: I have her memories and experiences. Copied...
    Madame Web: Her past is past dear. Your past since then is YOUR past as is her own. MJ has suffered a traumatic experience as you had your own but different. These new experiences have now move you both to new beings. New identities. Two souls separate Miss Stacy. The moment you had a different experience and your own choice in a matter you were transforming into somebody else. Your own self. A individual soul. Miss Stacy you are 'MJ' no longer. You are Gwen and she is MJ. Gwen Stacy you are a clone 'copy' no longer.

Gwen: If that's true and it's her own personal suffering that holding her back from the happiness that both her and Peter can have...then as her sister I can't leave till she is well. I'll need to keep a eye on her and make sure she is safe and on the path to recovery. Looks like I'm staying in New York a bit longer.

Gwen when not partoling the city as '?Hydro-girl?", or taking classes in science (she shown an interest and talent in science when she thought she was MJ in the past and decided to pursue that field over acting now), tries to watch over MJ from the rooftop with binoculars as she recuperates in the hospital. However one day Gwen thinks that MJ might of spotted her but then waves it off. Next day...

Gwen: Looking at where MJ would be but 'MJ' is standing very still by the window much to Gwen's confusion to what she might be doing. Then suddenly MJ face and voice shows up three feet from her. The 'MJ' below in the room was a old cardboard cutout she set up.
    MJ: Hello.
    Gwen: AHHHH! (the started Gwen is so spooked that she falls over and almost over the rooftop till MJ grabs her arm and pulls her up.
    MJ: Got to be careful. You might of splattered down below.
    Gwen: MJ?! (Oh god it's her! I'm finally meeting and talking with her for the first time! I'm not prepared or ready! I'm so scared. I want her to like me. Make a good impression and say something Gwen!)
    Gwen: "HSRFGHGJbYSADkHJY" (Say something SMART Gwen!)

This was also influenced idea in that the 616 comics Gwen Stacy had a 'makeover' that some say the artists wanted to copied 616 MJ's appearance (that Gwen was being somewhat a 'clone' appearance of 616 MJ before this idea or at least with a different artist drew in a art style that made Gwen and MJ look very similar which can happen for some artists drawing a certain way).

Hmm on second thought, I don't think she was mentioned by name. IIRC in this universe the guy who killed Uncle Ben also killed a young woman that was described by aunt May as "a nice girl I was hoping to introduce you to", or something like that. So I suppose it could be argued that her existence is hinted at rather than confirmed. Might have been the episode "Make a Wish"? Anyways, the alternate Peter who runs Parker Industries actually STOPPED the criminal who killed them. So he prevented the murder of both uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy thus explaining why the other Peter had never even met her. Or at least that's the way I remember it.... those cartoons had loads of little tiny things wedged in the cracks of the episodes.

Now I feel the urge to rewrite that scene you just posted.