Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds kinda timely.
    Definitely feels like that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also don't think it's the first time Mary Jane has had to deal with that, unfortunately...
    Because it's something real flesh and blood women have to deal with far too often, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Because it's something real flesh and blood women have to deal with far too often, unfortunately.
    True, and I imagine it's a very pressing issue in the careers Mary Jane has involved herself with (modeling and acting).

True, and I imagine it's a very pressing issue in the careers Mary Jane has involved herself with (modeling and acting).
    Mary Jane is still a Spider-Man character so there are certainly limits in place on what can or can't be addressed. Of course MJ still has to deal with things like the people who hire her might actually be a super villain or work for super villains. She's had to deal with that more than once.

(Comics are weird.)

In more uplifting MJ discussions, here's Otto with Insomniac's Peter.

In more uplifting MJ discussions, here's Otto with Insomniac's Peter.

That's nice of Otto to say...but I don't think he would ever actually say that.

Actually, I don't even think he knows Peter and Mary Jane personally enough to be able to say that about their relationship .

That's nice of Otto to say...but I don't think he would ever actually say that.

Actually, I don't even think he knows Peter and Mary Jane personally enough to be able to say that about their relationship .
    It's obvious Otto's trying to manipulate Insomniac Peter. And he does a pretty decent job of it. But it's amusing to see Marvel publishing someone saying this after years of Marvel pushing against this very idea.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

(Comics are weird.)
    That's why we buy them

It's obvious Otto's trying to manipulate Insomniac Peter. And he does a pretty decent job of it. But it's amusing to see Marvel publishing someone saying this after years of Marvel pushing against this very idea.
    It's just weird to see Doc Ock of all people saying that .

I agreed with you. Otto is acting very OOC in that panel; especially when we know he lost all his memories and resulting character development from his previous stint as Superior Spider-Man.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agreed with you. Otto is acting very OOC in that panel; especially when we know he lost all his memories and resulting character development from his previous stint as Superior Spider-Man.
    Is the version we see in this event the "current" iteration of the character (the post-SSM one that survived through AI copies and cloning) or from earlier in the timeline, when he would've had the character development in question?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is the version we see in this event the "current" iteration of the character (the post-SSM one that survived through AI copies and cloning) or from earlier in the timeline, when he would've had the character development in question?
    I assume it's the post-SSM one just wearing the Superior Spider-Man costume again.

It's the only way to explain the upcoming ongoing short of there being two Doc Ock's somehow.

Ock's not an emotionless shell. One of the first things he did after becoming SSM is find a girl to date. It's entirely possible he did it just because he felt a physical "urge to mate", but he didn't just grab some girl and drag her to his bed. He chose someone he liked as a person(Anna Marconi) and while it was a quick romance, it was an actual romance and she genuinely cared about him even after finding out he was using an assumed name (this was when Ock was pretending to be Pete)

Otto does (or did?) have Peter's memories and feelings for MJ. He knows what she means to Peter (or at least to 616 Peter).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    He only lost his memories of everything that happened in-between Spider-Verse and Goblin Nation, so he still has his memories from before then, including when he got all of Peter's memories. He knows how much MJ means to him, and knowing Otto I'm pretty sure he would've looked into all the other Spiders and discovered this about several of the others.

I did like how Otto in this felt very subdued than usual. He would still mock Insomniac Peter for being too jokey like all the rest, but he was fairly reasonable and not condescending towards him, probably because by now he's learned there are other ways to get people to do what you want rather than pushing them.

Also if I had to make the assumption, either at the end of Superior Octopus or during Spider-Geddon, Otto puts his Superior costume on, and at some point in the middle of the events he travels to the game universe and this story takes place.

I guess I did overlook how Otto during his relationship with Mary Jane (which, make no mistake, was still pretty skeevy and wrong even though he put the kibosh on it) and realized how important she was to Peter (which is why he broke the relationship up).

Although I don't know what it says about things as they are when we've got Doc Ock extolling how important Mary Jane is to Peter .