Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    A wise approach.
    Nothing good comes from it IMO. But I'll leave it at that as I don't want to derail the thread.

In that spirit....I'm enjoying seeing Mary Jane back in ASM again.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nothing good comes from it IMO. But I'll leave it at that as I don't want to derail the thread.

In that spirit....I'm enjoying seeing Mary Jane back in ASM again.
    Absolutely! (I'm also enjoying her in the Spider-Man PS4 game - I haven't been able to play it, but I've watched hours and hours of gameplay, and I love it!)

Amazing Spider-Man (2018-) 001-030.jpg
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It seems to be all the same for Twitter at least:

https://twitter.com/Mikey_Talks/stat...32967234617344
    Well, some people on Twitter.

Even in that one chain you have people disagreeing on whether she actually counts as Mary Jane.

Absolutely! (I'm also enjoying her in the Spider-Man PS4 game - I haven't been able to play it, but I've watched hours and hours of gameplay, and I love it!)

Amazing Spider-Man (2018-) 001-030.jpg
    I won't be able to play it until Christmas Day LOL. Apparently I'm an awkward bugger to buy for when it comes to Christmas Presents so I agreed to let my wife buy me it for Christmas so she could get me something other than socks and underwear LOL.

I won't be able to play it until Christmas Day LOL. Apparently I'm an awkward bugger to buy for when it comes to Christmas Presents so I agreed to let my wife buy me it for Christmas so she could get me something other than socks and underwear LOL.
    Nice! I'm probably going to buy it when I move next year, since my brother in law has a PS4. But in the meantime, I've gotten three of the five PS4 variant covers for comics (Spider-Geddon #0, West Coast Avengers #2, and Amazing Spider-Man #5 - decided to skip the Annual and the Avengers ones.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say it's glaring that we don't have Spider-Girl in there, but then I see Gwen Stacy and think "well, of course Mayday isn't in it..."

But who knows. Maybe the ending of the movie will have Peter come back to his world and see a pregnant Mary Jane or her with their daughter.
    Miguel doesn't appear to be in the movie either. Mayday and Miguel are pretty glaring omissions for Alternate Spideys.

(We haven't seen Annie either, but her not appearing is less surprising.)

I could understand not having Mayday, I feel if this was Peter's story, then having his alternate universe daughter would have a greater impact, but since its Miles I can easily see why they didn't need to add her. I think Gwen, Peni, Noir, and Ham are a good selection of popular/weird/fun Spiders for them to use for this film.

Also yes I love that MJ looks to get a pretty nice role in here, she's got a great design too.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I could understand not having Mayday, I feel if this was Peter's story, then having his alternate universe daughter would have a greater impact, but since its Miles I can easily see why they didn't need to add her. I think Gwen, Peni, Noir, and Ham are a good selection of popular/weird/fun Spiders for them to use for this film.
    Could be that they're saving Spider-Girl and 2099 for their own stuff later on.
    Also yes I love that MJ looks to get a pretty nice role in here, she's got a great design too.
    I wonder if she'll get any dialogue.

Nice! I'm probably going to buy it when I move next year, since my brother in law has a PS4. But in the meantime, I've gotten three of the five PS4 variant covers for comics (Spider-Geddon #0, West Coast Avengers #2, and Amazing Spider-Man #5 - decided to skip the Annual and the Avengers ones.)
    Well I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to buy it. From everything I've seen on YouTube it looks to be a very fun game. I couldn't afford the variant covers though but hey ho LOL.

Well I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to buy it. From everything I've seen on YouTube it looks to be a very fun game. I couldn't afford the variant covers though but hey ho LOL.
    I mean, one variant was just 6 dollars, another was 14, and I actually got one for cover price because it was slightly damaged, so my LCS was nice and let me get it for normal price. (I should say that the one I wanted most was the 14 dollar one, so it was appropriate - and it was the MJ one for Spider-Geddon #0!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could be that they're saving Spider-Girl and 2099 for their own stuff later on.
    It's weird to think a sequel might not revolve around Miles again. Would they plan to focus on other Spider-heroes? I would have thought a Gwen spin-off would be a high priority. I suppose a Mayday or Miguel movie are possibilities, but it seems like a long shot over a Miles sequel or a Gwen focused film.

I wonder if she'll get any dialogue.
    They haven't announced an actress. We didn't even know MJ was in the movie until this trailer. (Edit: I'm saying it's possible she doesn't have any dialogue in this film.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-02-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Tangentially related to the above about Mary Jane.

Where is Mayday? Feels like a really glaring omission to have all these alternate Spideys but no Mayday.
    Like how one of the Venomverse covers had Mayhem along with dozens of other characters not used in the series?

Oh and I personally think Mayhem counts as Spider-girl just as much as Mayday.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Like how one of the Venomverse covers had Mayhem along with dozens of other characters not used in the series?

Oh and I personally think Mayhem counts as Spider-girl just as much as Mayday.
    Gotta love clones, am I right?

Gotta love clones, am I right?
    Clones are people too! ^_^

Extraordinary Member

Tangentially related to the above about Mary Jane.

Where is Mayday? Feels like a really glaring omission to have all these alternate Spideys but no Mayday.
    Well, this is Miles' movie first and formost, and if Mayday was included I think she'd be playing second fiddle to him (especially since they're focusing on Gho Spider/Spider-Gwen as the main spider-heroine nowadays). That wouldn't feel right.

I'd love it if Mayday could get the starring role in a sequel/spinoff to this movie.