Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, one variant was just 6 dollars, another was 14, and I actually got one for cover price because it was slightly damaged, so my LCS was nice and let me get it for normal price. (I should say that the one I wanted most was the 14 dollar one, so it was appropriate - and it was the MJ one for Spider-Geddon #0!)
    Lucky git regarding the Variant for MJ for Spider-Geddon.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Lucky git regarding the Variant for MJ for Spider-Geddon.
    I certainly feel lucky! It's on my wall are work, making my day brighter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Ooh That's awesome! She looks a lot like Emma Stone here. I hope she has a speaking role.

Between this, the comics, and the video game, MJ has been getting a lot of love this year
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 10-03-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Ooh That's awesome! She looks a lot like Emma Stone here. I hope she has a speaking role.

Between this, the comics, and the video game and MJ has been getting a lot of love this year
    About time. MJ deserves all the love!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

Between this, the comics, and the video game, MJ has been getting a lot of love this year
    It's just really nice to see Mary Jane being regarded as being important to Peter and his lady love again .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It seems to be all the same for Twitter at least:

https://twitter.com/Mikey_Talks/stat...32967234617344

I can't stand people like that, and they are big part of the problem on our planet.

I just replied there as @Stellarus
    Black race is a social construct. Africa doesn't mean Black just like Europe doesn't mean White. Miles Morales is multiracial. The actress playing Liz Allan is multiracial. The actress that will play Black Canary is too. One drop rule is outdated,racist,and stupid!

and another reply:
    Zendaya is Michelle Jones and not Mary Jane. She's multiracial like I am. One drop rule is outdated,racist and stupid
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-03-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just really nice to see Mary Jane being regarded as being important to Peter and his lady love again .
    Yeah....I am very happy about that.
    It's a great time for Peter/Mary Jane and fans.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-04-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    and another reply:
    Zendaya is Michelle Jones and not Mary Jane. She's multiracial like I am. One drop rule is outdated,racist and stupid
    As an aside -

Indeed, the "one drop rule" was propagated for racist reasons. I sometimes wonder if those who defend it today realize its troubling history (It was used to discriminate against people, prevented further "race mixing" by people, disenfranchise people and disinherit people)?
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-03-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As an aside -

Indeed, the "one drop rule" was propagated for racist reasons. I sometimes wonder if those who defend it today realize its troubling history (It was used to discriminate against people, prevented further "race mixing" by people, disenfranchise people and disinherit people)?
    The US had some REALLY stupid laws way back in the day. The modern civil rights movement is a waste of time, but it's a product of how the truly unfair laws got fixed so now civil rights activists need to actively look for things to complain about.

The one-drop rule was about whether someone could be legally sold as a slave. Which never made sense to me, but being nonsense is part of why it got stricken from law. Realistically there are so many mixed ethnicity people nowadays that the way ethnicity is filled out on most forms is stupid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The US had some REALLY stupid laws way back in the day. The modern civil rights movement is a waste of time, but it's a product of how the truly unfair laws got fixed so now civil rights activists need to actively look for things to complain about.

The one-drop rule was about whether someone could be legally sold as a slave. Which never made sense to me, but being nonsense is part of why it got stricken from law. Realistically there are so many mixed ethnicity people nowadays that the way ethnicity is filled out on most forms is stupid.
    Yep...I agree with all that
    the one drop rule was strong enforced not just with slavery
    it was used to keep "whites" from mixing with "non-whites" to keep the "white" race "pure"
    anti-race mixing
    it goes back to 1690 anti-miscegenation laws in Virginia
    There was the Bacon's Rebellion that involved poor "whites" and poor "blacks" uniting against the elite and burning down Jamestown
    to keep that from happening again, the elite created "white" privilege
    there was race-mixing
    there were even English women having relationships with African man in the early colonial Virginian days
    Actually, former President Obama descends from one of those couples on his maternal grandmother's side
    On the show Finding Your Roots, Wanda Sykes found out that she descend from one of those couples too
    that's how there were some free people of color in the American colonies

With the striking down anti-miscegenation laws in USA due to Loving vs. Virginia Supreme Court ruling on June 12, 1967, they make no damned sense now

the 2000 and 2010 US Census allowed people mark down down multiple races/ethnicities
    I did that for both Censuses, and I will do it for all Censuses

I'm technically mixed-race myself since I have Laplanders and Native Americans among my ancestors, even though most people can't tell by looking at me.

The worst part about this idiocy is the idea that SKIN COLOR is an important part of who you are. It's no more important than the color of your eyes or hair.

I have a funny story about that actually. I was at this ethnic heritage appreciation event and one of the organizers was going around asking people about their ethnic backgrounds. He looks at this pretty young lady. To me she looked like she was of Native American descent. Then he asks her about her ethnic origin. Her response? Utter disinterest in the concept to the point she didn't even know. (We were at the event because our boss said we had to go) He looks at me and says something to the effect of "you're a white guy, you don't have an ethnic background." So I told him a quick story about how some of my ancestors were Vikings and some of them were Englishmen who got pillaged by Vikings. The look of astonishment on his face was priceless. It's like it had never occurred to him that "white" is a collection of dozens of ethnic groups some of which historically HATE EACH OTHER! Seriously, go to France and try telling French and German people that they're the same ethnic group. Just remember that it's a REALLY bad idea to actually do that.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 10-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Yep...I agree with all that
    the one drop rule was strong enforced not just with slavery
    it was used to keep "whites" from mixing with "non-whites" to keep the "white" race "pure"
    anti-race mixing
    it goes back to 1690 anti-miscegenation laws in Virginia
    There was the Bacon's Rebellion that involved poor "whites" and poor "blacks" uniting against the elite and burning down Jamestown
    to keep that from happening again, the elite created "white" privilege
    there was race-mixing
    there were even English women having relationships with African man in the early colonial Virginian days
    Actually, former President Obama descends from one of those couples on his maternal grandmother's side
    On the show Finding Your Roots, Wanda Sykes found out that she descend from one of those couples too
    that's how there were some free people of color in the American colonies

With the striking down anti-miscegenation laws in USA due to Loving vs. Virginia Supreme Court ruling on June 12, 1967, they make no damned sense now

the 2000 and 2010 US Census allowed people mark down down multiple races/ethnicities
    I did that for both Censuses, and I will do it for all Censuses
    A very good summary of the history of this disgraceful law/notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Now I can't help but wonder if this movie takes place in the same universe (the so-called "Raimi 'Verse") as the original Spider-Man Movie Trilogy does?

BANNED

Now I can't help but wonder if this movie takes place in the same universe (the so-called "Raimi 'Verse") as the original Spider-Man Movie Trilogy does?
    Doubtful. I think this Peter has mechanical webshooters, Raimi Peter had organic webbing

As an aside -

Who's even talking about it, no less defending it, outside of white nationalist groups these days?