Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Maybe things will never totally add up and we just need to say: "Hey, it's a comic book," and move on?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe things will never totally add up and we just need to say: "Hey, it's a comic book," and move on?
    The Big Two's stance on continuity in a nutshell .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Big Two's stance on continuity in a nutshell .
    While I think that the Powers That Be and content creators should make a point of keeping things consistent, accepting that fiction is never as tidy as life is does seem to be a healthy thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While I think that the Powers That Be and content creators should make a point of keeping things consistent, accepting that fiction is never as tidy as life is does seem to be a healthy thing.
    The people that don't sit back and accept that tend to write some of the more creative outs for certain characters.

One of my favorite MJ moments.

Yeah no, she'd never wear a Venom variant of the Spider-Heart tee

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah no, she'd never wear a Venom variant of the Spider-Heart tee
    On a personal level? Probably not.

But on a fashion level? She totally rocks it .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I do like that cover. She totally rocks that Venom variant IMO BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I do like that cover. She totally rocks that Venom variant IMO BTW.
    I really like this cover over the other covers of the set simply as it has MJ wearing something new that unlike the rest I've seen before so they don't stand out. The theme works for her but mostly while the shirt is ok and I prefer the white those skin tight leggings/pants may they be spandex, leather, vinyl, rubber, or other with the zippers and matching spider shoes on her looks fantastic and sexy. The mix of the white top and black leggins could be a nice yin yang sexy look for her.

Just hate that I can't just get that cover for a cheaper price. I'm finding these store only cover starting to just be too much for my wallet now as prices rise up constantly. To get that I'll have to pay for two covers (plus there was his 1:25 variant for this issue as well he made so I was hoping to spread it out the issues when collecting vs buying the same issue just for covers).

Nick Spencer interview on Peter and MJ's relationship:

AiPT!: A central focus of your run has been the romantic reunion of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. As a fan, what does their relationship mean to you?

Nick Spencer: Well, obviously, they’re like one of the all-time great comic book couples, and I think that’s in large part because they’ve stood the test of time. We’ve gotten to see their relationship build in a very different way than what you usually see in comics. Usually when a love interest is introduced, it’s very upfront, very direct. You can tell immediately these two are supposed to be together. What I love about the Peter and Mary Jane story is what a roller coaster it is. How it starts with the classic Aunt May bits, where she wants him to meet Anna Watson’s niece and then it builds to a friendship and really the relationship kind of forms out of tragedy and you learn more about Mary Jane and her life as it goes on. So it really is, I think, the most fully formed comic book romance that exists. So getting to write it is a thrill.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...lash-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Nick Spencer interview on Peter and MJ's relationship:

AiPT!: A central focus of your run has been the romantic reunion of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. As a fan, what does their relationship mean to you?

Nick Spencer: Well, obviously, they’re like one of the all-time great comic book couples, and I think that’s in large part because they’ve stood the test of time. We’ve gotten to see their relationship build in a very different way than what you usually see in comics. Usually when a love interest is introduced, it’s very upfront, very direct. You can tell immediately these two are supposed to be together. What I love about the Peter and Mary Jane story is what a roller coaster it is. How it starts with the classic Aunt May bits, where she wants him to meet Anna Watson’s niece and then it builds to a friendship and really the relationship kind of forms out of tragedy and you learn more about Mary Jane and her life as it goes on. So it really is, I think, the most fully formed comic book romance that exists. So getting to write it is a thrill.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...lash-and-more/
    It's nice to see a writer who understands and appreciates the appeal and history behind Peter and Mary Jane as a couple, something I feel has been lacking in the books for far longer then it should have.

BANNED

This is a great assessment of their relationship, deep friendship furthered by overcoming great adversity. These two are essentially soldiers in a war together, and this is what happens when love blooms on the battlefield.

I played too much Metal Gear in my day

BANNED

I'm really liking the idea that it's Mary Jane's livleyhood that is sparing Peter from the chop in the newspaper strip, what with Golden Claw trying to kill him but Kingpin preventing him by pointing out that murdering the husband of a Broadway megastar would bring a heap of unwanted attention and distract them from their plans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spencer gets it. He really gets it. And yeah, Miles To Go, you may have played too much Metal Gear, but Metal Gear is awesome, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.