Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

A tribute to Ottley's power couples, past and present, from RDMaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

A tribute to Ottley's power couples, past and present, from RDMaQ
    Fitting considering the joke about Ottley drawing them the same .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If there's ever another Spider-Man/Invincible crossover, Atom Eve and Mary Jane should meet each other as well as Mark and Peter reuniting. They can double-date!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Heh, wow. Casing people's homes for what?

BANNED

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Heh, wow. Casing people's homes for what?
    To rob them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    To rob them.
    I crawled into that one. But yeah, why would Gayle Watson be casing people's homes, or is that a question I should read the strip to get answered?

Now with Spencer's first few issues out, I went back and was re-reading through Go Down Swinging, and while I still really loved the arc overall, the beginning of Part 1 now really bugs me alot more and I've been trying to figure out the reason why its there. It has absolutely no barring or importance for the rest of the story, completely contradicts her attitude from the previous issue, and wasn't even foreshadowing or setup for the next writer, considering they got back together so quickly with him literally just asking her, so the "I can never be together with you" speech is just redundant.

Want to setup for future writer, maybe have him not be invited inside but her secretly regret not doing it so the reconciliation in #1 doesn't come completely out of nowhere. Or you still want that "Norman seeing Spider-Man leave" scene, you can have Peter be invited but then immediately leave because he sees a fire or something going on, then she'd at least have some kind of a reason to be upset. Overall I know it's a very minor thing, just in retrospect its a little annoyance to me trying to see what the point of it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Now with Spencer's first few issues out, I went back and was re-reading through Go Down Swinging, and while I still really loved the arc overall, the beginning of Part 1 now really bugs me alot more and I've been trying to figure out the reason why its there. It has absolutely no barring or importance for the rest of the story, completely contradicts her attitude from the previous issue, and wasn't even foreshadowing or setup for the next writer, considering they got back together so quickly with him literally just asking her, so the "I can never be together with you" speech is just redundant.

Want to setup for future writer, maybe have him not be invited inside but her secretly regret not doing it so the reconciliation in #1 doesn't come completely out of nowhere. Or you still want that "Norman seeing Spider-Man leave" scene, you can have Peter be invited but then immediately leave because he sees a fire or something going on, then she'd at least have some kind of a reason to be upset. Overall I know it's a very minor thing, just in retrospect its a little annoyance to me trying to see what the point of it was.
    Just felt like a troll move.

I'd just chalk it up to Slott not seeming to be able to make up his mind when it came to Peter and MJ's relationship. One minute she's supportive and his best friend and confidante and the next she's treating him like dirt and doesn't want anything to do with him.

Frankly I'd have rather seen Peter and MJ's relationships built-up again, or at least have her around, then focus on the relationships in the book that never went anywhere (Lian, Gwen clone #2, Mockingbird), but that's just me.

Speaking of Slott, does anyone else think that it’s possible that he just doesn’t want to write her? I mean first he wrote her out of Amazing Spider-Man and Bendis picked her up into Tony’s supporting cast but now that Slott’s taken over Iron Man, she’s nowhere to be seen despite still working for Tonybas far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Speaking of Slott, does anyone else think that it’s possible that he just doesn’t want to write her? I mean first he wrote her out of Amazing Spider-Man and Bendis picked her up into Tony’s supporting cast but now that Slott’s taken over Iron Man, she’s nowhere to be seen despite still working for Tonybas far as we know.
    I don't think she still works for Tony. There's clearly been some kind of time skip from the end of Bendis' Iron Man run and the beginning of Slott's. (As well as a time skip from the end of Slott's Spider-Man and the beginning of Spencer's.)

BANNED

My headcanon for "Go Down Swinging" and what happened in "Back to Basics" is MJ simply wanted to be told by Peter she was needed in order to get back with him, as there's basis for that in JMS' run, not to mention Flash's death may have convinced her that life was too short to be dwelling on past mistakes. I would have liked all this in writing of course.