Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I really am starting to hate that article writer....half the time I don't even think he really understands MJ or her and Peter's relationship, and his jokes aren't funny.

Also, I don't get why he thought that date in the Spidey/Ghost Rider team-up was out of context...MJ and Peter may have some drama in their lives but nobody stays in a grieving funk forever, and MJ's an easily forgiving person when written properly, hell that's even demonstrated right after that issue when she offers Peter the opportunity to drink with her and Flash, so her and Peter going on a date as buddies makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-28-2018 at 03:47 AM.

This was released in 2009. Prophetic or what? An MJ Spidey, Emma Frost Phoenix, and a Laura Wolverine. Those have all happened since.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just chalk it up to Slott not seeming to be able to make up his mind when it came to Peter and MJ's relationship. One minute she's supportive and his best friend and confidante and the next she's treating him like dirt and doesn't want anything to do with him.

Frankly I'd have rather seen Peter and MJ's relationships built-up again, or at least have her around, then focus on the relationships in the book that never went anywhere (Lian, Gwen clone #2, Mockingbird), but that's just me.
    I feel the same way, it's clear that Slott didn't actually care about writing romance for Spider-Man outside of small spurts. He broke up Carlie as soon as he could, and Lian & Bobbi were non-starters. The most developed relationship was Anna Marie, and that was with Otto so doesn't really count. Would have much preferred if he had focused on someone to actually be in a relationship with, while writing Peter & MJ's friendship in a consistent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Speaking of Slott, does anyone else think that it’s possible that he just doesn’t want to write her? I mean first he wrote her out of Amazing Spider-Man and Bendis picked her up into Tony’s supporting cast but now that Slott’s taken over Iron Man, she’s nowhere to be seen despite still working for Tonybas far as we know.
    That's exactly what it is. Which honestly, I don't have a problem with, if he doesn't want to write a character he shouldn't have to, just make sure if you do to write them consistently.

BANNED

MJ's apperance in Jesisca Jones#2

spoilers:
    Nothing much is made of it. She's killed but "gets better" thorough the healing powers of Jared. Orderlies ask her to lie down, but she's having none of it. There's some interesting thoughts from Jessica when she meets a distraught Peter earlier on, realising how much he's always loved MJ. Strangely, Peter and MJ don't even interact in this one
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-29-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ's apperance in Jesisca Jones#2

spoilers:
    Nothing much is made of it. She's killed but "gets better" thorough the healing powers of Jared. Orderlies ask her to lie down, but she's having none of it. There's some interesting thoughts from Jessica when she meets a distraught Peter earlier on, realising how much he's always loved MJ. Strangely, Peter and MJ don't even interact in this one
    end of spoilers
    I wonder if Spencer will reference this at all.

(Probably not, lol.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if Spencer will reference this at all.

(Probably not, lol.)
    The cover was real clickbait, as there's only five pages total worth of Peter and MJ

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The cover was real clickbait, as there's only five pages total worth of Peter and MJ
    Yeah, though at least MJ didn't let spoilers:
    being dead (and then not dead)
    end of spoilers rattle her too much. And speaking of redheads, Elsa Bloodstone was a treat. Perhaps she and MJ should team up sometime.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Something Jessica Jones #2 sort of indirectly brings up. (And has been a topic of conversation out of universe.)

How famous is MJ, in-universe?

Jess refers to MJ as being "iconic." That's definitely a word one of us would use when referring to her, but feels weird to have a character in-universe (that isn't Peter or even Aunt May) describe her as.

BANNED

Jess must really love Lobster Man

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Something Jessica Jones #2 sort of indirectly brings up. (And has been a topic of conversation out of universe.)

How famous is MJ, in-universe?

Jess refers to MJ as being "iconic." That's definitely a word one of us would use when referring to her, but feels weird to have a character in-universe (that isn't Peter or even Aunt May) describe her as.
    I mean, she's most recognizably known as a fashion model, so she's probably "iconic" in the fashion industry, not that I would expect Jessica Jones of all people to be up on that kind of stuff.

She's also known as being the public face of Stark Industries when Tony was incapacitated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait, didn't Jessica Jones have a major crush on Peter Parker in school but ran away when he was gonna tell her about his powers and she thought it was about something else?

After her car accident, coma, everything and people just called her that in high school and she non-verbally showed Peter she was in love, or at least she thought she was, but he hadn't noticed her because he was locked in his studies, and years later wished she'd have spoken up cause he would have gone out with her, even though she was just "coma girl" at the time cause she'd never said her name even. Jessica didn't make herself seen much back then, and Peter was locked away in his studies. Therefore the one time they'd have had an actual intimate conversation, she ran away thinking it was going to be something out of pity when in reality they'd have actually gotten to know one another. And likely eventually their plight/powers. Which is a fascinating what if..

Interesting to think how their entire lives may have changed if Jessica didn't assume what Peter was about to talk to her about. That ti wasn't going to be a "pity" discussion, but he was going to reveal who he was, and possibly help her with her problems/powers/issues etc.

I didn't even think about that till I saw Jessica's name lol. Literally one conversation from Jessica Jones being Peter's potential first true primary love interest back in high school.

Young Jessica Jones and Young Peter Parker O_O

I need to go lay down.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-30-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Wait, didn't Jessica Jones have a major crush on Peter Parker in school but ran away when he was gonna tell her about his powers and she thought it was about something else?

After her car accident, coma, everything and people just called her that in high school and she non-verbally showed Peter she was in love, or at least she thought she was, but he hadn't noticed her because he was locked in his studies, and years later wished she'd have spoken up cause he would have gone out with her, even though she was just "coma girl" at the time cause she'd never said her name even. Jessica didn't make herself seen much back then, and Peter was locked away in his studies. Therefore the one time they'd have had an actual intimate conversation, she ran away thinking it was going to be something out of pity when in reality they'd have actually gotten to know one another. And likely eventually their plight/powers. Which is a fascinating what if..

Interesting to think how their entire lives may have changed if Jessica didn't assume what Peter was about to talk to her about. That ti wasn't going to be a "pity" discussion, but he was going to reveal who he was, and possibly help her with her problems/powers/issues etc.

I didn't even think about that till I saw Jessica's name lol. Literally one conversation from Jessica Jones being Peter's potential first true primary love interest back in high school.

Young Jessica Jones and Young Peter Parker O_O

I need to go lay down.
    That's something I really would be all for seeing, a What If? Peter and Jessica got together, has some fun story potential to see a crime fighting Spider-Man and Jewel as a couple.

Outside of a couple times in Bendis' books, the only other time I can remember it being referenced is in Spectacular's Amazing Fantasy where young Jess makes a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's also known as being the public face of Stark Industries when Tony was incapacitated.
    But that wasn't addressed at all. She was mostly referenced in this issue for her Spidey connections. Jess notes that Peter loves MJ and compares his feelings for her to her feelings for Luke (Cage). And when Jess sees MJ's apartment, Jess thinks she's in the wrong line of work (clearly a joke).

Jess also refers to MJ as "iconic" and "magnificent." If they were going to reference MJ's connections to Tony Stark, they wouldn't have treated the events of the issue in the matter that they did. It's more like MJ's a celebrity of some fame (how much, we can't really say) in-universe.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-30-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That's something I really would be all for seeing, a What If? Peter and Jessica got together, has some fun story potential to see a crime fighting Spider-Man and Jewel as a couple.

Outside of a couple times in Bendis' books, the only other time I can remember it being referenced is in Spectacular's Amazing Fantasy where young Jess makes a cameo.
    There are a couple of 'What If's' I would like to see. Many times when I'm bored or working on one small idea growing larger my imagination and elements of creativity, experiences, hopes, and logic will go off and my mind would make 100 What If ideas and such.

That is another interesting What If.

One thing I didn't like about some 'What If's' is when they are not written seriously with a idea with possible merit or that the writers will try to say the '616 characters and directions were the right ones' only due to whatever reasoning thrown in.

I HATED the cover on the 'What If' Spider-Man saved Gwen Stacy as it says "Whatever you do don't save her!"
    Who would tell Peter that?! If you told Peter of the consequences outside of other's deaths that so happens to follow somehow because he save a life he will go..."I save a life right?" That matter it's 'Gwen Stacy' makes that statement to Peter more dumbfounded as he would do anything for the people he cares about greatly SAVE A LIFE if he had the choice to do so correctly in the moment.

Also as a Gwen and MJ fan I never liked when MJ or Gwen gotten praised by characters when I didn't feel it was earned or shown why (and even if it was shown the right amount of praise or such not overblown). Many times for me it just feels ill gained and such. I like see things worked for from a uphill battle that makes such a comment worthy and justice to state. To be earned. Don't tell me somebody is awesome. Show me and also do it fairly that if another character did the same action they would get the same treatment.

In this case Jessica's words just made me roll my eyes. Also MJ wasn't totally non rattled by being dead. I prefer that as DEATH should not be a hand wave thing. Psychologically consoling plus how Peter acts and MJ acts from that moment would follow BUT since this didn't happen in Amazing or even Spectacular this will be forgotten trivia.