Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Preview of ASM#10

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...spider-man-10/

Holy moses, I called it....it WAS Flash's death that brought them back together in a "life's too short" way.
    Interesting that they waited until now to make that clear. Was this an intentional reveal, or something Spencer realized made sense after the fact?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Preview of ASM#10

Holy moses, I called it....it WAS Flash's death that brought them back together in a "life's too short" way.
    Glad to see we get some kind of answer to this sooner rather than later.

Also I like Felicia's little moment with Odessa explaining her "code", how stealing things the heroes need in order to save people is going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Interesting that they waited until now to make that clear. Was this an intentional reveal, or something Spencer realized made sense after the fact?
    I could see this being a case of him realizing it made the most sense after already writing issue 1, and also waiting for the most organic time in the story where she would talk about her decision.

BANNED

It's also adds a fairly dark dimension to the nature of Peter and MJ's relationship in that it has to take someone dying for their love to be strengthened, rather than just common sense
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-23-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Heh, the cover is mildly amusing so I like it for that.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also I like Felicia's little moment with Odessa explaining her "code", how stealing things the heroes need in order to save people is going too far.
    Me too. I'm interested to see where Spencer goes with Black Cat in his run. Also liked seeing MJ in the preview talking about being in love with a super-hero.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's also adds a fairly dark dimension to the nature of Peter and MJ's relationship in that it has to take someone dying for their love to be strengthened, rather than just common sense
    Not really, though. Sometimes, people need a jolt like a death in the family (or the social circle) to realize what their real priorities are or should be.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Me too. I'm interested to see where Spencer goes with Black Cat in his run. Also liked seeing MJ in the preview talking about being in love with a super-hero.
    Same here, and I liked Jarvis telling everyone there that their feelings, concerns, and needs mattered just as much as those of their superpowered friends and loved ones and they shouldn't be ashamed to occasionally remind said friends and loved ones to reciprocate some of the emotional labor that went into the relationship. It felt kind of like a jab by Nick Spencer at how too many superheroes (at least by the time of his last major Marvel work Secret Empire) seemed to have lost sight of normal, everyday humanity and the consequences of that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That cover is Silver Age Superman-tier funny. Wow.

Preview of ASM#10

Honestly, it didn't seem like Flash's death had left much of an impact in Spencer's run, so I'm guessing this is to tie-in to it.

I do find it kind of funny when she says "evil mastermind" and it's Venom that shows up instead of, like, Osborn .

To be fair, that's always been a theme in Peter and MJ's relationship...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, it didn't seem like Flash's death had left much of an impact in Spencer's run, so I'm guessing this is to tie-in to it.

I do find it kind of funny when she says "evil mastermind" and it's Venom that shows up instead of, like, Osborn .
    Though to be fair, Venom had probably gone after her more than Osborn did, not to mention pretty much the first thing Venom did when he was introduced was attack MJ, so it makes sense that would be the example. At the time he might as well be an "evil mastermind" to her

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Though to be fair, Venom had probably gone after her more than Osborn did, not to mention pretty much the first thing Venom did when he was introduced was attack MJ, so it makes sense that would be the example. At the time he might as well be an "evil mastermind" to her
    He definitely personally targeted her, but I don't know if anyone would ever call Brock an "evil mastermind" .

Although from the Clone Saga, to Marvel Knights, Going Down Swinging, and probably some other times I'm forgetting Osborn has certainly put MJ through the emotional/physical wringer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    To be fair, that's always been a theme in Peter and MJ's relationship...

That was my point. I was taking into account Gwen's death as well as Flashs' (maybe Mayday's loss too)

Which character will be the next blood sacrifice for the romance? Fred? Or will someone die for Peter and Fred's romance?

MJ and Ganke need to become friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    MJ and Ganke need to become friends.
    That would be kind of weird, since Ganke knew Ultimate MJ .

But I kind of feel like there should be more meshing of Peter and Miles' supporting cast and I kind of feel like there shouldn't be...